Ivan Rakitić

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Like I said he is a WC player, but I don't agree with him being Germany's best. IMO, Neuer, Muller and Hummels certainly were better than him. Also don't think he's the reincarnation of Xavi and Pirlo as some people these days say.

Btw, I hope my post didn't come accross as aggressive lol. Didn't mean to. :lol:

Well he is only 25, he may well be the reincarnation of Xavi and Pirlo, give his career time

Jombi

Well he is only 25, he may well be the reincarnation of Xavi and Pirlo, give his career time

absolutely not IMO. Even if he is 25, when I watch him play, he simply can not be at the level of those greats in terms of vision, technique, intelligence, ball control, ever. Its just impossible. Xavi and Iniesta had that special intelligence IMO, from a very, very early age. Some players you can just see has something special.

Mexcelona

rakitic wasn't our type of player either but we all saw how he worked out for us.

i learned to accept that we shouldn't try and buy a xavi replacement or even an iniesta replacement..
there is no such thing, any player we get will be a downgrade as those legends are irreplaceable a change in style of midfielders though.. such as an athletic workhorse type could benefit us in other areas.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
rakitic wasn't our type of player either but we all saw how he worked out for us.

i learned to accept that we shouldn't try and buy a xavi replacement or even an iniesta replacement..
there is no such thing, any player we get will be a downgrade as those legends are irreplaceable a change in style of midfielders though.. such as an athletic workhorse type could benefit us in other areas.

The mark of a worldclass talent is the ability to adapt. Pogba, if he comes, will adapt.

Jombi

We have a third irreplaceable player in our midfield, and that is Busquets. Absolutely irreplaceable, and criminally underrated. Our second most important player by a wide margin IMO.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Rakitic... What a dream signing you were. Just for 18M.. May you continue to don the number 4 and become as legendary as pep.

xXKonan

11401098_858828644188223_6212246248421777968_n.jpg

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
This guy!! Couldn't be happier for him, fully deserved his goal and he could have gotten a second as well but Suarez was faster to the ball.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Not world class they said. Downgrade on Fabregas they said. Pffffffft. Ivan is laughing at those who said that.

Vilarrubi

I'll leave this here...... On the early pages before we signed him. There's more but do not want to embarrass everyone :lol:

Don't know how to feel about that really. I like him and I think he's a great player but good enough to be a starter at Barca? I doubt it.

His stats to me are over inflated as he is over every set piece and takes penalties and is given total freedom to do what he wants in attack at Sevilla and is the main man in team.

Not comparing player ability but this reminds me of when Liverpool signed Charlies Adam who had great assist/goal stats from being over all set pieces and getting huge attacking freedom. Liverpool bought him off the back of those stats but without all that set piece and team being built round him they were left with an average player.

For those that find Cesc sloppy Rakitic loses the ball a lot more and in a team he was given much more space to operate.

I don't like the Rakitic signing too much... Wouldn't play him deep in a 4231, very unsure of him taking Xavi's role in a 433 though.... Do you think you'll play him in the Xavi role?

As much as I love Rakitic, I doubt he will fit well in Barca. Mostly because he's proven in different style of play, long balls, many crosses, etc. We'll see.

People here have been overrating Rakitic so much so that they will end up getting dissappointed next season. Mark my words.

:beer:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans