Ivan Rakitić

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I can't help but feel that Kroos has gone from being underrated to seriously overrated. I don't see the comparisons with Xavi or even Pirlo or that he'll end up among the best midfielders of all time.

Someone like Verratti on the hand...... Still too early to say though.

El Flaco

LOL easy to say in hindsight. Kroos has been great at Bayern and for Germany for last few years. Raki has always been solid but never accomplished what Toni did.
What?

Kroos could totally disappear in some Bayern matches or even worse, gave easy balls to opposition (The match against Manchester United for two seasons ago was his by far worst match he played in Bayern, considering his development in recent years and supposed quality.

I would like to say that Bayern also (arguably) won 2013 CL campaign because he got injured against Juve, got replaced with Robben and the started playing totally different, way faster and with clearer vision of what to do.

Kroos could (and still does) totally kill the pace of the game with his slow movement, his "sure" passing (where he distributes tons of short passes of staggering accuracy (false stats ftw) and scores a beauty here and there to mask his mediocre playstyle.

Last edited:

Morten

What?

Kroos could totally disappear in some Bayern matches or even worse, gave easy balls to opposition (The match against Manchester United for two seasons ago was his by far worst match he played in Bayern, considering his development in recent years and supposed quality.

I would like to say that Bayern also (arguably) won 2013 CL campaign because he got injured against Juve, got replaced with Robben and the started playing totally different, way faster and with clearer vision of what to do.

Kroos could (and still does) totally kill the pace of the game with his slow movement, his "sure" passing (where he distributes tons of short passes of staggering accuracy (false stats ftw) and scores a beauty here and there to mask his mediocre playstyle.
thats funny, all cules were wanking over Xavis pass statistics every single match, most of them easy passes in the later years, but the wanking didnt stop either way. Xavi could play mediocre, as longas his short passing stats was good he was a God.

Alik

thats funny, all cules were wanking over Xavis pass statistics every single match, most of them easy passes in the later years, but the wanking didnt stop either way. Xavi could play mediocre, as longas his short passing stats was good he was a God.

Playing Xavi all the time got Tito and Tata plenty of criticism.

anguy

I can't help but feel that Kroos has gone from being underrated to seriously overrated. I don't see the comparisons with Xavi or even Pirlo or that he'll end up among the best midfielders of all time.

I think he would be slightly better than Rakitic in our system. He's not necessarily better player, but some advantages Rakitic has over him found little use in our team. Rakitic is fantastic FK taker, but because Messi takes them all it's virtually useless. He also has great long shot, but how many times did he shot from distance this season? Another skill with little use here. In other stats they are roughly equal, but Kroos is better passer. And those are not just short passes, he has great long passes too, certainly better than Rak.
I also believe he'd be able to babysit Alves well too. After all he's playing DM in Real, he's not elite defensively, but Rakitic is not better as DM (after seeing him on that position with Croatia).

Anyway we got Rakitic, so I hope he'll have a chance to show more of his strengths next year. Give him FKs from the left and tell him to shoot more.

Last edited:

anguy

Kroos would not last in Lucho's system. He doesn't have the lungs.

I don't know about his stamina, their speed is pretty much the same, though (nothing special). Anyway we started playing better when we changed the system and Rakitic stopped to babysit Alves so much.

Alen

Kroos' major weakness(work rate on both ends) is rakitic biggest quality and what we needed most. Kroos is a fabulous player with scandalous accuracy with both feet, but he's not what we need.

G

Gasgas

Kroos' major weakness(work rate on both ends) is rakitic biggest quality and what we needed most. Kroos is a fabulous player with scandalous accuracy with both feet, but he's not what we need.

rakitic almost never completes 90 minutes

Home of Barca Fans