Ivan Rakitić

Co0ter

rakitic almost never completes 90 minutes

Not many players could actually last 90 minutes playing Rakitics role at Barca though. He's running back and forth all game long attacking and covering the RB, where our defenders and attackers have a lot of time to rest and walk around, then make up their kilometers over shorter bursts.

I'm not saying Rakitic has the best lungs out there, but it's a key point to take into consideration.

Henry_IB

Banned
They're not the same thing, but they're directly related. The better stamina you have, the longer you can sustain a good workrate

You clearly don't know the meaning of a direct relationship. I understand what you're trying to say but your terminology is off.

Darko

Rakitic rarely lasts 90 minutes because he puts in a lot of work so Lucho subs him off to keep him fresh, it does not mean he has poor stamina, it's just a good tactical move.

Bran the Greenseer

Rakitic used to play the 90 mins at the start of the season but he got visibly tired after a couple months so lucho very smartly decided it'd be better to ration his mins because of the work he does on the pitch. Result... Treble :lol:

One of the most interesting things for me this season was the CL Final, most of the season Rakitic and Iniesta were fine sitting back and just covering for everybody nd playing passes up for MSN to do the work. The second the final started the both of them are marauding in the box :lol:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
He has to cover 2 players simultaneously, essentially: Dani and Messi. It's no wonder he needs to be subbed often.

xXKonan

Rakitic has gotten a lot better. a man that plays his heart out every match regardless if it's a friendly or not. Makes me Excited to see a Arda-Busi-Rakitic Midfield, eventually.

Home of Barca Fans