Ivan Rakitić

serghei

Actually his position for us is pretty odd. Clearly more defensive than in Sevilla, but also exploits space very well and spots the gaps in the opponents defensive lines. Like the first goal against Juventus, he immediately spoted that second of hesitation from Pogba and got himself in position to score. In a team filled with players that demand special attention from the opposition, Rakitic is often looked over, but leave him in a comfortable position and he'll show his attacking nature. He is playing a more limited role, but he is not a limited player. Many opponents make that mistake, thinking he is a limited player, when, in reality, it's the position and his role in the team that make him look that way.

Last edited:

gatsu

Let's be honest, we got him for 1/3 of his actual price in today's market.

1/3! nah 1/5 would be more correct, lucky for us he doesn't have a typical haircut.

With something like this:

Vidal1.jpg

Or this:

Paul-Pogba-Juventus2.jpg

Rokitic would be worth 80M.

I kept thinking to myself while watching the Gamper..... Why is is Rakitic still in the game? He has nothing to prove and has played better than any other player this preseason.

BerkeleyBernie

He just doesn't stop getting better. Long live Ivan!!

That was a beauty of a screamer.

He also seems to be developing a *much* better touch than he had when he arrived, and cleaner passing. We'll have to see how he does against teams that press well, which is where he had the most problems last year (facing away from goal, under pressure). I have a feeling he's improved in that regard as well.

Home of Barca Fans