Ivan Rakitić

Darko

Kovac is probably one of the most clueless coaches I have ever seen, just when I thought he couldn't get any worse he goes on and blames the players for not working hard enough and not giving their all, like it isn't his job to motivate them. It's one basic mistake after another...

Stric

It's fascinating, even for our corrupt FA, to give Kovač the job after only one year of experience coaching, and that's with the U-21 national team. Kovač has been terrible, but for some reason, he doesn't get criticized like other managers did. He's like a national hero or something, absolved of guilt. When Štimac and Bilić were managing, they were the first to get blamed, but with Kovač, he's the last.

And to think how critical everyone was of Bilić when he was here...

EdmondDantes

Decent game last night; not one of his best in our shirt; but still good and worked hard. Should have scored though; that pass from Iniesta was too good.

FC B

Not the best game from him but still didin't disappoint. Could've looked way better had he scored with that shot that Oblak deflected pretty easily.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's odd because he had almost entire week of rest before this match. (Croatia last played on Sunday).

barcanuck

He just misses his boy Dani on the right. Don't see too much wrong with Raki this year not sure what everyone is worried about.

Mido

Rakitic , to he me, is the kind of player that needs competition to perform well. Last season, he had to prove that he was Barca material and he succeeded in doing so.

I am really looking forward to seeing him step up his game. With the friendlies put aside, his performances were average at best. I hope Lucho puts him on the bench against Levante to motivate him.

I would like to see an Iniesta--Busquets--Roberto midfield on sunday. Roberto has been very solid this last weeks. Now that he has proved that he can definitely compete with Alves in certain dimensions of the game, he still has to prove that he can compete with Rakitic and I am confident he can.

With Xavi having left and Rafinha getting injured, things are starting to look really worrying in the midfield...

Barcafan 2304

Lot of players not currently at their best but I suppose the positive thing is that despite that, we have still beat the likes of Bilbao and atletico away and negotiated a decent draw in arguably the toughest game in the CL group stages. I'm sure Rakitic and the rest will come good as they become more match sharp

Antimadridista1

Rakitic , to he me, is the kind of player that needs competition to perform well. Last season, he had to prove that he was Barca material and he succeeded in doing so.

I am really looking forward to seeing him step up his game. With the friendlies put aside, his performances were average at best. I hope Lucho puts him on the bench against Levante to motivate him.

I would like to see an Iniesta--Busquets--Roberto midfield on sunday. Roberto has been very solid this last weeks. Now that he has proved that he can definitely compete with Alves in certain dimensions of the game, he still has to prove that he can compete with Rakitic and I am confident he can.

With Xavi having left and Rafinha getting injured, things are starting to look really worrying in the midfield...

Really ? And who's gonna play instead of him ? Xavi ? Rafinha ? Arda Turan ? Even Sergi Roberto can't play in midfield because he has to replace Dani.

Mido

Really ? And who's gonna play instead of him ? Xavi ? Rafinha ? Arda Turan ? Even Sergi Roberto can't play in midfield because he has to replace Dani.

Roberto has the tools to deliver , at least, what's strictly required against B-C level opponents I believe...

Fact is Lucho MUST have to let Roberto start sooner or later in the midfield. Rotating between Mascherano, Busquets, Iniesta and Rakitic ( with lots and lots of games coming ahead) until january is too risky and could lead to another catastrophy that I don't even want to think about.

Roberto has to become Barca's new Enrique. He can play as a RB and DM without problems. He showed signs of weaknesses playing as a CM last season but the amount of confidence he has gained he should be given a new chance.

Mido

He is not in top form but assisted our only goal yesterday. Raki is fine and as important as ever for our team.

Rakitic is a key player when he plays like Rakitic.

I really like the player and he has grown on me.

He made several silly mistakes this season that looked very amateurish. But I am almost certain this is temporary.

Barcafan 2304

Roberto has the tools to deliver , at least, what's strictly required against B-C level opponents I believe...

Fact is Lucho MUST have to let Roberto start sooner or later in the midfield. Rotating between Mascherano, Busquets, Iniesta and Rakitic ( with lots and lots of games coming ahead) until january is too risky and could lead to another catastrophy that I don't even want to think about.

Roberto has to become Barca's new Enrique. He can play as a RB and DM without problems. He showed signs of weaknesses playing as a CM last season but the amount of confidence he has gained he should be given a new chance.

Agreed he has earned some trust this season, give him a chance

Home of Barca Fans