Ivan Rakitić

LeeRomeno

Rakitic has still been more successful when it comes to major trophies. He is indeed in bad shape recently, but he used to be great asset.
Who knows if Kroos would have fit to our team and style. You never know.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Rakitic has still been more successful when it comes to major trophies. He is indeed in bad shape recently, but he used to be great asset.
Who knows if Kroos would have fit to our team and style. You never know.

Kroos has 3CL and a World Cup, rakitic has one CL. Also I think kroos is perfectly suited to the classic Barcelona style of play.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Kroos is on another level to Rakitic entirely. Rakitic isn't even a top 20 CM at the moment, nor was he probably ever top 10. The difference between them is like 3 tiers at least and this is even despite me historically liking Rakitic and being periodically critical of Kroos.

Neymessi

If you could go back in time, would you guys pick Rakitic over Kroos?

I would have never picked rakitic over kroos honestly. It was never a good idea and I don't know which genius in our board opted to go for rakitic instead of kroos because rakitic had more league experience.

LeeRomeno

Kroos has 3CL and a World Cup, rakitic has one CL. Also I think kroos is perfectly suited to the classic Barcelona style of play.

I am talking about club trophies since they joined their current clubs. What has WC have to do with anything. Rakitic has won 3 Copas, 2 La Ligas and 1 Cl = 6 major trophies, Kroos has won 2 CL and 1 La Liga. That is very simple math. What you think about who fits where is completely irrelevant as it is just speculation.

jamrock

Worst part is that they didn't go after Kroos after allowing thiago to go to Bayern, what we should have done was a straight up swap.

mark1nhu

I am talking about club trophies since they joined their current clubs. What has WC have to do with anything. Rakitic has won 3 Copas, 2 La Ligas and 1 Cl = 6 major trophies, Kroos has won 2 CL and 1 La Liga. That is very simple math. What you think about who fits where is completely irrelevant as it is just speculation.

Shitty argument that was also used to give undeserved Ballon D'or to Cristiano Ronaldo. Titles are a collective achievement and by no means can define a player as better than other. Verratti is TWICE the player Rakitic is and he doesn't have a single CL, just to point how ridiculous is your point.

Kross with no titles > Rakitic any single day.

Alik

would gladly give the copa for the next 100 years to madrid if it meant we win more leagues and champions leagues

CdR only matters if you can pair it with some other title. Alone it's close to worthless IMO. :lol:

Well, considering Madrid won the CLs in both of last seasons, we can be damn glad they didn't win the CdR. That would mean them having a treble.

Home of Barca Fans