Jack Grealish

Horatio

You're welcome
Grealish gave amazing defensive coverage. Offensively he doesn't give the ball away but lacks risk in offensive action.

Going to catch flack for this, but a completely boring mechanical modern footballer that could perhaps be so much more if he was in a setup where he could express himself more. Perfect for knockout bola though.
Maybe. But these were instructions by Pep me thinks. And did create some chances no?

edit: fergus posted his comment as I wrote mine.

Porque

Maybe. But these were instructions by Pep me thinks. And did create some chances no?

edit: fergus posted his comment as I wrote mine.

Get the ball, cut inside and layoff a sideways pass or cross. It's not sophisticated but it is incredibly high % football. It's like having Iniesta there with the City movement and pace to feed off it.

87% pass success rate as a wide player says it all.

Horatio

You're welcome
Get the ball, cut inside and layoff a sideways pass or cross. It's not sophisticated but it is incredibly high % football. It's like having Iniesta there with the City movement and pace to feed off it.

87% pass success rate as a wide player says it all.
Ok I see what you mean. You are just critical of the style of play. Not necessarily productivity.

Rory

He's brilliantly executing the role set out for him by Pep. Prior to joining city he was probably one of the more flair players in the league, creating chances for an average Aston Villa. There was also a few instances yesterday where he bypassed the entire Madrid midfield with good control and dribbling, then picked the right pass to keep the pressure on. On top of that does a shift defensively too. Players on the wing can be frustrating when they don't go on the outside and cut in too much but I think this year he's improved that aspect this year.

fergus90

He's brilliantly executing the role set out for him by Pep. Prior to joining city he was probably one of the more flair players in the league, creating chances for an average Aston Villa. There was also a few instances yesterday where he bypassed the entire Madrid midfield with good control and dribbling, then picked the right pass to keep the pressure on. On top of that does a shift defensively too. Players on the wing can be frustrating when they don't go on the outside and cut in too much but I think this year he's improved that aspect this year.
Spot on

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

He is by far the weakest player in that side and honestly an important player in a mid table club is probably his level. Early on in the season, when his performances were even worse, it was pretty much confirmed that this summer City would break the bank for Leao or Kvara. They should not stray away from that plan.

I mean Kvara literally does everything Jack does, but far far better.

Daisymorr

Bernado Silva seemed a more effective winger than the 100m Grealish
Grealish has played very well this season but he has a long way to go to be as good as Bernardo - especially in the big games. He is a Lion in the big matches.
Bernardo has a serious will to win attitude and tends to come up with vital goals - like against Real Madrid in the Semi Final.
I think Foden is better than Grealish - although I cant argue that this season Grealish has topped Foden.

Windhook

I love the Paul Gascoigne vibes. :lol:

I don't understand the hate he gets, if he plays well hungover then let it be.

Home of Barca Fans