Jack Wilshere

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I see what you mean about Huddlestone...I do think he's too slow to be a top class international player. It's a shame the way Carrick has imploded because he'd be excellent for England. Wilshere plays more deep for Arsenal with Fabregas ahead so maybe Gerrard behind Rooney. I'm not a massive fan of Gerrard but there's a real lack of options in the middle for England. Phil Jones is quality, won't be long till he's in the England squad.

I really like Rodwell, maybe it's a bit premature for him to play for England but England really need someone who can play infront of the back 4 and Barry can't. If only Hargreaves wasn't so injury prone. Henderson does look pretty good, been linked with United and City already. McEachran is more the future than present, he needs to get some regular football under his belt like Wilshere did. Has a lot of ability though and no doubt he'll play for England and become a key player.

there's a lot of young midfield quality for england to select from. this is really the first generation that's done all of their football training AFTER united won the treble - which was the point when england emerged from the heysel-imposed wilderness and caught up with the rest of europe. and that's why there's a lot more technical quality and general football intelligence than the previous lot which are mostly just triers who can either shoot or tackle (see: parker, noble, cattermole, etc.)

in wilshere, rodwell, henderson and jones england have four very good young central midfielders. I think jones will mature into a very good pivot/DM and henderson a very good shuttle/CM. rodwell and wilshere I think can do both roles so they're doubly useful. but crucially there's options and real hope for england to have a fully functioning central midfield for the first time in a long time.

Trequartista

The good
I'm hoping Wilshere-McEachran doesn't end up as bloody Lampard-Gerrard v2, 2 players who are very good for club but can't work together internationally. Then again, as long as they both have more brains than Gerrard they should be able to work out how to play with each other.

They will Do end up like Gerard-Lamps,both will be great palyers but will be suicidal to pick them together

T

The Horse

They will Do end up like Gerard-Lamps,both will be great palyers but will be suicidal to pick them together

I wouldn't think so. Depends on the balance of the rest of the team, but if we get a side which are technically gifted and all the players are comfortable on the ball, they should both do well.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Not everyone with pace owns Terry, he's not THAT bad. But he's much more error prone against a pacey striker.

C

Carefree

Are you going to start that debate again?

Take your blue tinted glasses off. The majority of people realise that Rio's superior.

Like fucking who? No debate here whatsoever, Rio Ferdinand has never been as good as John Terry and the only people who say otherwise will say it because of his off field antics. Both have twattish personalitys, but John Terry is the superior defender in every single shape and form.

I don't know how many more times he has to prove it before people start believing it. Rio Ferdinand's reputation has sky rocketed since 2006 because of Nemanja Vidic, love how the fickle muppets who worship him seem to forget he was getting slagged off left right and center for years up until then.

Bergkamp10

Like fucking who? No debate here whatsoever, Rio Ferdinand has never been as good as John Terry and the only people who say otherwise will say it because of his off field antics. Both have twattish personalitys, but John Terry is the superior defender in every single shape and form.

I don't know how many more times he has to prove it before people start believing it. Rio Ferdinand's reputation has sky rocketed since 2006 because of Nemanja Vidic, love how the fickle muppets who worship him seem to forget he was getting slagged off left right and center for years up until then.

Yeah he was shit before Vidic, that's why his total transfer fee is nearly £50m. I wonder what Leeds and Manchester United saw in him? At Terry's peak he was a very good player occasionally caught out by pace but at Rio's peak he was the main defender for a team that won the PL and CL and was just brilliant. He and Vidic brought out the best in each other as Terry and Carvahlo did.

I'm not saying John Terry's shit, I'd have him at Arsenal in a heartbeat I just prefer Rio.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Yeah he was shit before Vidic, that's why his total transfer fee is nearly £50m. I wonder what Leeds and Manchester United saw in him? At Terry's peak he was a very good player occasionally caught out by pace but at Rio's peak he was the main defender for a team that won the PL and CL and was just brilliant. He and Vidic brought out the best in each other as Terry and Carvahlo did.

I'm not saying John Terry's shit, I'd have him at Arsenal in a heartbeat I just prefer Rio.

this. although Terry and Rio probably woud compliment eachother very well aswell

But Rio is the better player, would walk into any team in world football when fit.

He had a good partnership with Sol aswell, Rios a bruising CB's dream

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
huddlestone's problem is a bit like carrick's: he can look far too timid on occasion. in the world cup warmup games he should have ousted carrick from the squad given how bad the united man was playing and the great form in which hudders ended the season. but he was just wank, non-existent, and BBB went to south africa. not the man for england I'm afraid - that kind of timid nonsense would get ripped to bits on the international stage.

rodwell! forgot about him. he's the future for sure. jordan henderson is pretty good, but more of an AM, dunno if he could be a pivot. phil jones at blackburn looks quite handy, but I always saw him as more of a CB. maybe not though. and there's that mceachren kid at chelsea.

Huddles hardly had a huge amount of chances before the WC. Capello never showed any real faith in him. His range of passing is superb and certainly more piercing than Carrick's. He is slow but he has a physical presence which compensates. Definitely worth a go for England IMO, very talented andplaying well for Spurs again this season.

Bergkamp10

Arsene Wenger claims that highly-rated 18-year-old midfielder Jack Wilshere will soon sign a new contract at Arsenal which could treble his £15,000-a-week wages.

Wilshere has emerged as one of England's most promising young stars in an impressive first three months of the Premier League season and also made his England debut in the friendly with Hungary in August and is set to be included in the squad for the Wembley friendly with France on November 17.

Wenger told the Daily Mirror: ''We are confident we will sign Jack quickly and hope to announce the deal soon. Jack has had a great start to the season, in a position where we expected him to come out higher on the pitch. But, basically, it suits him well to play from deep.

"There is a touch of Liam Brady about him. I totally agree with that. He is a quiet guy, but it looks like he can handle the pressure well. Where you see that is in the big games, as he wants the ball. So it is natural for him to play.

"He is like Wayne Rooney was at 16 or 17. They have the same confidence about them. It is a bit like asking a mathematician to solve a problem and then you ask someone else who is not gifted to solve one too - but it is natural for Jack."

Arsenal are also close to signing Polish goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny, 20, on a long-term contract at the Emirates after he impressed in the Carling Cup against Newcastle.

Home of Barca Fans