Jack Wilshere

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Yep. The media brainwash people into thinking that Lampz and Stevie G is the best midfield in the world, that Wazza is world class and that brave heart JT is the best defender eva! When in reality, England have one world class player in Ashley Cole but most of the fans hate him :lol:

England need to follow Germany's lead and promote good, young players into the team. Cappello isn't the man for England but there are no up and coming young English managers to replace him. They're all too stupid and the football would be dire hoofing up to 'Crouchy'. God help England if 'Arry takes over.

nah rooney can be world-class, he's an outstanding lead striker when he wants to be.

and rio is still the shit, even if he is old and somewhat delicate these days.

but yeah, cashley is the most comfortably world-class player england have.

although, really, it's not about how many world-class players there are - it's that they're all individualists. english training methods don't teach good team play, certainly not to a high-enough level anyway. and while lampard has learned it at club level, it's in a specific system with specific players, which cannot be replicated at international level. and gerrard is just awful as far as team play goes.

england have no system, no style.

frankly putting wilshere at the heart of a new side would be tricky, because then you're talking about england playing like arsenal, but they don't have the players to do that either.

a solid 4231, with wilshere in the hole behind rooney and backed by two solid pivots (this is england's problem position as they only have 3 capable players to play it and one's a pussy, one's a crock, and the other plays for spurs) and flanked by two direct wingers would be perfect for england.

wilshere could really help rooney and the wingers improve, for england, but he can't fix the real crippling problem that england have.

T

The Horse

:lol::lol::lol

See that's exactly the problem. We've got managers who haven't got a fkin clue about anything. They are all stuck back in the 80's with their theories. The last world class coach this country produced was the late great Bobby Robson RIP, and the furthest we got with him was a semi-final at a world cup. Why they pick Lampard and Gerrard to play in the same team together, I haven't got a fkin clue when its proven to be wrong time and time again. Hopefully these youngsters come through and kick Stevie, Fat Frank and Big Man JT out of the team for good. Along with Crouchy, Gareth, Jamo (thank fk we've got Joe Hart now). Wouldn't mind cashley staying on (he's genuinely world class), along with rooney. Everyone else needs to be kicked out.

Bergkamp10

Agree with all of that. Forgot about Rio, he's certainly world class when he's fully fit. Miles better than Terry. I'm not sure that Rooney is world class, he can be but sometimes I don't think the mentality's there with him. If he put all his problems behind him and perform for United and England the way he did last season then I would class him as world class but I'm just not sure at the moment. I think Glen Johnson is a real problem for England, he's not attacking enough to be a winger but not defensive enough to be a fullback and no winger can form an effective partnership with him unless they're a more defensive player (Kuyt). I don't think Gerrard is disciplined enough to play as a central midfielder so maybe Huddlestone would be England's best bet. Even though he plays for the scum, I think he's a good player. Maybe too slow to be top class but I'd have him over Barry.

Hart
Brown - Ferdinand - Jagielka - Cole
Rodwell - Huddlestone
Wilshere
Walcott - Rooney - Johnson​

RB is a problem but England need to start again and bring through new, exciting players. All those players are good footballers and there's a lot of pace and power so I think it could work. I'm just sick of seeing Lampard, Gerrard and Barry playing together.

N

nutnut

What you need is good enough players, you don't have that.

I disagree, in Ashley Cole we have what some people say the left back in the world, Rio and John Terry have all won individual honours on the world stage for their defensive capablitys and have both captained their clubs out in the Champions League final and are widely regarded as 2 of the best centre backs in the game.

Gerrard and Lampard are 2 'individually' (that's the key word here) of the best midfielders in world, both scored in a Champions League final and Gerrard as lead his club out in a Champions League final twice, we have speed on the wings and 1 of the best players in the world upfront in Rooney.

Our problem as always been trying to get these 'individual' players playing as a team, they failed. This new generation we have coming through there's a quiet confidence about it, it looks far more promising than the so called 'golden generation' that as failed in the last 3/4 major competitions anyway.

@ Alex song

Ive given up with Euro2012 mate, we have all these players coming through and Capello is sticking with his World cup failures. I think we could get it right 2014 onwards, we've got some good young defenders coming through in Gibbs, Smalling, Jones, Richards etc. Midfield is jam packed with up comers in Rodwell, Henderson, Shelvey, Cleverley, Wilshere, McEachran along with others, wings Johnson, Walcott, along with Aaron Lennon, Albrighton and in the next few years Raheem Steerling all have pace/skill and are going to improve, goalkeeper seems sorted now in Joe Hart. My concern is i don't see that potential WC striker to compliment Rooney which is also England's problem now. Maybe Andy Carroll can do that eventually or Connor Wickham i don't know.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Agree with all of that. Forgot about Rio, he's certainly world class when he's fully fit. Miles better than Terry. I'm not sure that Rooney is world class, he can be but sometimes I don't think the mentality's there with him. If he put all his problems behind him and perform for United and England the way he did last season then I would class him as world class but I'm just not sure at the moment. I think Glen Johnson is a real problem for England, he's not attacking enough to be a winger but not defensive enough to be a fullback and no winger can form an effective partnership with him unless they're a more defensive player (Kuyt). I don't think Gerrard is disciplined enough to play as a central midfielder so maybe Huddlestone would be England's best bet. Even though he plays for the scum, I think he's a good player. Maybe too slow to be top class but I'd have him over Barry.

Hart
Brown - Ferdinand - Jagielka - Cole
Rodwell - Huddlestone
Wilshere
Walcott - Rooney - Johnson​

RB is a problem but England need to start again and bring through new, exciting players. All those players are good footballers and there's a lot of pace and power so I think it could work. I'm just sick of seeing Lampard, Gerrard and Barry playing together.

huddlestone's problem is a bit like carrick's: he can look far too timid on occasion. in the world cup warmup games he should have ousted carrick from the squad given how bad the united man was playing and the great form in which hudders ended the season. but he was just wank, non-existent, and BBB went to south africa. not the man for england I'm afraid - that kind of timid nonsense would get ripped to bits on the international stage.

rodwell! forgot about him. he's the future for sure. jordan henderson is pretty good, but more of an AM, dunno if he could be a pivot. phil jones at blackburn looks quite handy, but I always saw him as more of a CB. maybe not though. and there's that mceachren kid at chelsea.

I disagree, in Ashley Cole we have what some people say the left back in the world, Rio and John Terry have all won individual honours on the world stage for their defensive capablitys and have both captained their clubs out in the Champions League final and are widely regarded as 2 of the best centre backs in the game.

Gerrard and Lampard are 2 'individually' (that's the key word here) of the best midfielders in world, both scored in a Champions League final and Gerrard as lead his club out in a Champions League final twice, we have speed on the wings and 1 of the best players in the world upfront in Rooney.

Our problem as always been trying to get these 'individual' players playing as a team, they failed. This new generation we have coming through there's a quiet confidence about it, it looks far more promising than the so called 'golden generation' that as failed in the last 3/4 major competitions anyway.

So all those "world class player" are what you're hoping for? Cole is awesome but still a cancerous duche, Lamps: over rated cancerous duche, Stewie Genesis: again over rated cancerous duche, Terry: :lol: ,Rooney: douche. You may have they building blocks but they'll never fit together unless you do a Chelski and only hire douche bags.

You'll always be majorly hyped up before every major event and fail like always. Hell even Sweden has done more on the big stage the last 20 years.

Bergkamp10

huddlestone's problem is a bit like carrick's: he can look far too timid on occasion. in the world cup warmup games he should have ousted carrick from the squad given how bad the united man was playing and the great form in which hudders ended the season. but he was just wank, non-existent, and BBB went to south africa. not the man for england I'm afraid - that kind of timid nonsense would get ripped to bits on the international stage.

rodwell! forgot about him. he's the future for sure. jordan henderson is pretty good, but more of an AM, dunno if he could be a pivot. phil jones at blackburn looks quite handy, but I always saw him as more of a CB. maybe not though. and there's that mceachren kid at chelsea.

I see what you mean about Huddlestone...I do think he's too slow to be a top class international player. It's a shame the way Carrick has imploded because he'd be excellent for England. Wilshere plays more deep for Arsenal with Fabregas ahead so maybe Gerrard behind Rooney. I'm not a massive fan of Gerrard but there's a real lack of options in the middle for England. Phil Jones is quality, won't be long till he's in the England squad.

I really like Rodwell, maybe it's a bit premature for him to play for England but England really need someone who can play infront of the back 4 and Barry can't. If only Hargreaves wasn't so injury prone. Henderson does look pretty good, been linked with United and City already. McEachran is more the future than present, he needs to get some regular football under his belt like Wilshere did. Has a lot of ability though and no doubt he'll play for England and become a key player.

N

nutnut

So all those "world class player" are what you're hoping for? Cole is awesome but still a cancerous duche, Lamps: over rated cancerous duche, Stewie Genesis: again over rated cancerous duche, Terry: :lol: ,Rooney: douche. You may have they building blocks but they'll never fit together unless you do a Chelski and only hire douche bags.

You'll always be majorly hyped up before every major event and fail like always. Hell even Sweden has done more on the big stage the last 20 years.

I'm not going to debate it with you tbh, because it's clear your an English hating cretin.

Terry ":lol:" has won more individual honours than any other defender in world football in the last 6 years by FIFA and UEFA so laugh at that one :hooray: - Lampard is one of the best midfielders in the world for his club - for his country he is pathetic, that is England's problem this generation getting the best out of these players, Messi and Ronaldo are also pathetic for their country to a greater extent than Lampard so Lampard is not alone that.

I will say this though last 20 years (as you say) England have gone out of Penalty shootouts in semi-finals of world cups and Euro Championships, aswell as quater finals and last 16's - England's worst ever world cup showing (and this is offical) was South Africa and we still made the last 16.

Rarely England get beat on the pitch in majors, so talent or English mentality is not in question, it comes down to that 'luck' thing again, bit more of that and England may well have one a World Cup or European Championships in the last 20 years, luck will be on our side one day though and i can't wait tbh, Spain was in the exact same boat as England with this (probably worse) as they never even made it past a quarter finals before South Africa and they got it right.

Last edited:
Hey, I love England and it's with great sadness I see your NT humiliate themselves time and time again. Hell I even like kidney pie.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I see what you mean about Huddlestone...I do think he's too slow to be a top class international player. It's a shame the way Carrick has imploded because he'd be excellent for England. Wilshere plays more deep for Arsenal with Fabregas ahead so maybe Gerrard behind Rooney. I'm not a massive fan of Gerrard but there's a real lack of options in the middle for England. Phil Jones is quality, won't be long till he's in the England squad.

I really like Rodwell, maybe it's a bit premature for him to play for England but England really need someone who can play infront of the back 4 and Barry can't. If only Hargreaves wasn't so injury prone. Henderson does look pretty good, been linked with United and City already. McEachran is more the future than present, he needs to get some regular football under his belt like Wilshere did. Has a lot of ability though and no doubt he'll play for England and become a key player.
I'm hoping Wilshere-McEachran doesn't end up as bloody Lampard-Gerrard v2, 2 players who are very good for club but can't work together internationally. Then again, as long as they both have more brains than Gerrard they should be able to work out how to play with each other.

Bergkamp10

I'm hoping Wilshere-McEachran doesn't end up as bloody Lampard-Gerrard v2, 2 players who are very good for club but can't work together internationally. Then again, as long as they both have more brains than Gerrard they should be able to work out how to play with each other.

They'll be able to play together. Wilshere can play more deep or in a more advanced role so I think he'll work with whoever he's put with. McEachran's more attacking isn't he? With those two and Rodwell behind them, England will have a bloody good midfield.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
From what I've seen and heard I think Josh can play more attacking or as a central midfielder(though not of the Essien type, of course). Providing they all turn out the way people are hoping, those 3 should make an epic midfield for England in a few years time. Injuries have favoured Josh this season, so he's had 6 or so appearances already and has had no problems fitting right into the side. I'm glad that he's one of our youth products, saves us having to look for a replacement for Lampard.

T

The Horse

No fkin way! Intelligent players are always able to play with eachother regardless, and this should be the case with a midfield trio of Jack , Josh Mc and Rodwell. With Rodwell playing as the holding mid, Wilshere and McEch can play further up. There is enough intelligence in these players to make it work, they engage their brains rather than physicality. Not saying Stevie and Frank were not footballers who relied on physicality, in fact Frank was the only one in my opinion who tried to make it work, Gerrard didn't give two shits if he wasn't playing the hero. Most undisciplined midfielder I've ever seen. He could never play in a side like Barcelona's just cos he hasn't got a brain.

Fk off mate, yes we're shit at present but who the fk are Sweden? There is major expectation for us every tournament cos we have a proud history, and we have the individual players. Yes they can't play together to save their lives and thats why they're gettin bumraped in the media these days. Too many of them are looking for a quick buck, they aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Fk off mate, yes we're shit at present but who the fk are Sweden? There is major expectation for us every tournament cos we have a proud history, and we have the individual players. Yes they can't play together to save their lives and thats why they're gettin bumraped in the media these days. Too many of them are looking for a quick buck, they aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Right back at ya slick. We are nobody only I'm not in denial.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
No fkin way! Intelligent players are always able to play with eachother regardless, and this should be the case with a midfield trio of Jack , Josh Mc and Rodwell. With Rodwell playing as the holding mid, Wilshere and McEch can play further up. There is enough intelligence in these players to make it work, they engage their brains rather than physicality. Not saying Stevie and Frank were not footballers who relied on physicality, in fact Frank was the only one in my opinion who tried to make it work, Gerrard didn't give two shits if he wasn't playing the hero. Most undisciplined midfielder I've ever seen. He could never play in a side like Barcelona's just cos he hasn't got a brain.
Haha, word! Hence why I said "as long as they have more brains than Gerrard". :D He's a ridiculous muppet, at least Frank is intelligent.

Home of Barca Fans