Jack Wilshere

T

The Horse

Well I haven't seen much of Alacantara, heard he has got big potential though, I look forward to seeing more of him at some point during this season. He is older than Wilshere and a higher level of talent is neither here nor there, vision is subjective..Wilshere's numbers certainly add up (i.e: he's not just a passenger, he's contributing to goals in one way or another), and thats the basis on which I'm forming an argument for the lad. He has always played in a higher age group for both the Arsenal and England youth teams, that tells me all I need to know about his talent. We will miss him for the next few games. Though I agree he has to cut the reckless attitude out of his tackling, he has time to get that right though.

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
I have to be honest. I can't stand his face and the way he runs.

:lol: same here,he doesnt entertain me but he is a superb talent,No doubt about that,Noone can doubt his talent now,I am starting to think that Capello should use him from now if he wants to build a team for 2014,I know he wont be there but he should build the team from now,Super Franky and Gerard flopped a lot but they are still ahead of young Jack for sure but if you want to include Jack in the team then the style of your midfield and your team in general will change and that needs time,from the directness of Lamps and Gerard to Jack who looks more like spanish midfielders in terms of ball retention and passing game,and that would need a lot of time but its worth it,its also quite interesting that the new generation of English midfielders(Jack and Josh)are more or less looking like Xavi and Iniesta while the player who has been tipped to be a future Key player with Spain(Cesc Fabregas) looks a bit like current english midfielder in his directness

N

nutnut

It's pointless to argue who's better between Wilshere and Josh McEachran, it's like arguing who's better between Xavi and Paul Scholes, both are potentially world class and 2 of the most exciting youngesters in the world today.

There's not only Wilshere and McEachran though, Rodwell (big fan of his), Cleaverly, Shelvey and Jordan Henderson (probably the best performing young player in the EPL so far) along with a few more - England are really best in that department at the moment, along with all the young wingers we are producing (Johnson, Albrighton, Walcott etc) and Connor Wickham upfront, England future certainly looks bright after a shit World Cup.

It's kinda funny how people where saying that England lack that Paul Scholes and Xavi (players who can control and keep ahold of the ball in midfield) and several types of these players come through at once, bit like a London bus.

T

The Horse

:lol: same here,he doesnt entertain me but he is a superb talent,No doubt about that,Noone can doubt his talent now,I am starting to think that Capello should use him from now if he wants to build a team for 2014,I know he wont be there but he should build the team from now,Super Franky and Gerard flopped a lot but they are still ahead of young Jack for sure but if you want to include Jack in the team then the style of your midfield and your team in general will change and that needs time,from the directness of Lamps and Gerard to Jack who looks more like spanish midfielders in terms of ball retention and passing game,and that would need a lot of time but its worth it,its also quite interesting that the new generation of English midfielders(Jack and Josh)are more or less looking like Xavi and Iniesta while the player who has been tipped to be a future Key player with Spain(Cesc Fabregas) looks a bit like current english midfielder in his directness

Spot on. There needs to be a mentality change here in England. Though with Jack and McEachran and a few of the other youngsters ( like Afobe, who Barca was sniffing around last year ) the style should change. Until the so called 'golden generation' such as Rio, Barry, Lamps, Stevie G, JT, Cashley (he's probably the best of the lot I'd admit) and the jokers are all around the mentality and style of play of the national team will remain the same. Kick a few of them out and give the chances to the younger players, and we will slowly but surely see a shift in the playing style. Euro 2012 may come a little early for most of them (bar a few) , but the WC 2014 is where these youngsters should really look to step up and make England the proud nation it once was. We invented the game for fucks sake and we can't play it to save our lives with the current national team.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
thiago is probs better than wilshere.

but it's hard for us to definitively say, because we have a world-class midfield, so he doesn't get anything like the game time that young jack does.

as for mceachren, or however you spell it, he looks a tidy player but his style is sooooo totally at odds with the way chelsea play I can't see him breaking through with any real success for a while yet.
Same issue is for McEachran too, Chelsea have one of the top midfields around, it's not like he's going to get a lot of game time. Rosicky is crocked half the time, and other than Nasri and Fagregas the rest of Arsenal's midfield isn't that good, a player with Wilshere's talent would have no problems getting into that midfield, not to mention Wengers massive faith in youth too.

Trequartista

The good
Spot on. There needs to be a mentality change here in England. Though with Jack and McEachran and a few of the other youngsters ( like Afobe, who Barca was sniffing around last year ) the style should change. Until the so called 'golden generation' such as Rio, Barry, Lamps, Stevie G, JT, Cashley (he's probably the best of the lot I'd admit) and the jokers are all around the mentality and style of play of the national team will remain the same. Kick a few of them out and give the chances to the younger players, and we will slowly but surely see a shift in the playing style. Euro 2012 may come a little early for most of them (bar a few) , but the WC 2014 is where these youngsters should really look to step up and make England the proud nation it once was. We invented the game for fucks sake and we can't play it to save our lives with the current national team.

-Jack has to play from now,The Midfield is the area that influence your style most,at First it may not give the best results as Jack is still too young,not capable of carrying the team but if he starts to play,he will be England's leader at 2014,Josh is still too toung,He shouldnt join the first team now until Jack proves himself at the national level,starting to play Jack may have a few drawbacks but its worth it,Choosing Josh at 2013 wont have that drawbacks and he will fit in a team that suits his qualities(if Jack earns himself a spot there)as he is bit of more dashing Jack(not better and I guess he will never be but tidy version)
-I have seen a few nmatches for Afobe in England U-17 and he didnt look that good,England's U-21 main strikers are Dani Sturridge and DAnny Welbeck and I dot rate them both that high so I guess England will have to depend on the current attackers but for god's sake not current midfielders

N

nutnut

-Jack has to play from now,The Midfield is the area that influence your style most,at First it may not give the best results as Jack is still too young,not capable of carrying the team but if he starts to play,he will be England's leader at 2014,Josh is still too toung,He shouldnt join the first team now until Jack proves himself at the national level,starting to play Jack may have a few drawbacks but its worth it,Choosing Josh at 2013 wont have that drawbacks and he will fit in a team that suits his qualities(if Jack earns himself a spot there)as he is bit of more dashing Jack(not better and I guess he will never be but tidy version)
-I have seen a few nmatches for Afobe in England U-17 and he didnt look that good,England's U-21 main strikers are Dani Sturridge and DAnny Welbeck and I dot rate them both that high so I guess England will have to depend on the current attackers but for god's sake not current midfielders

People say England's mentality should change, i don't believe that. Obviously we need a player or 2 in the centre of midfield that can control things like Scholes could do and hopefully Jack Wilshere can do.

But we shouldn't slow down our play and just play short simple passes all the time like Spain do because that's not English, people in England don't want to see fantastic 60 yard passes all the time, sometimes putting in one of those crunching tackles gets fans and players fired up more than good passes. I don't want England to lose that, our high intensity is what we are. What England need is that balance and if we get that balance right we may have an advantage over countrys like Spain and Brazil since we will be able to adapt to any situation.

People say England's mentality should change, i don't believe that. Obviously we need a player or 2 in the centre of midfield that can control things like Scholes could do and hopefully Jack Wilshere can do.

But we shouldn't slow down our play and just play short simple passes

:lol:

What England need is that balance and if we get that balance right we may have an advantage over countrys like Spain and Brazil since we will be able to adapt to any situation.

What you need is good enough players, you don't have that.

Bergkamp10

basically their players are shiiter than the rest but they can't see that, which is good.

Yep. The media brainwash people into thinking that Lampz and Stevie G is the best midfield in the world, that Wazza is world class and that brave heart JT is the best defender eva! When in reality, England have one world class player in Ashley Cole but most of the fans hate him :lol:

England need to follow Germany's lead and promote good, young players into the team. Cappello isn't the man for England but there are no up and coming young English managers to replace him. They're all too stupid and the football would be dire hoofing up to 'Crouchy'. God help England if 'Arry takes over.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yep. The media brainwash people into thinking that Lampz and Stevie G is the best midfield in the world, that Wazza is world class and that brave heart JT is the best defender eva! When in reality, England have one world class player in Ashley Cole but most of the fans hate him :lol:

England need to follow Germany's lead and promote good, young players into the team. Cappello isn't the man for England but there are no up and coming young English managers to replace him. They're all too stupid and the football would be dire hoofing up to 'Crouchy'. God help England if 'Arry takes over.

your right. i can tell you if arry takes over scotland would celebrate. meanwhile the likes of talksport are looking forward to not having a foreigner and having someone to 'put an arm round your shoulder' (wasn't hodgson supposed to do this with joe cole? oh wait i forgot cole is crap and putting an arm round his shoulder won't do anything) and laucnhing it up to crouchy and wazza

also having ''two olding players, thats what all the top top claaaaass european sides do''

Bergkamp10

your right. i can tell you if arry takes over scotland would celebrate. meanwhile the likes of talksport are looking forward to not having a foreigner and having someone to 'put an arm round your shoulder' (wasn't hodgson supposed to do this with joe cole? oh wait i forgot cole is crap and putting an arm round his shoulder won't do anything) and laucnhing it up to crouchy and wazza

also having ''two olding players, thats what all the top top claaaaass european sides do''

:lol: so true.
If 'Arry was manager I could imagine all the little gems he'd come up with. "with lampz, stevie and gaz baz we have a better midfield than faaaakin spain!" and "who needs David Aston Villa we have crouchy?"

'Arry would probably play '4-4-faaaaakin-2'. If he took over he'd never have the guts to put Wilshere and Rodwell in the team.

Home of Barca Fans