Jack Wilshere

Canto

Johan Dalin part II

You obviously haven't been watching many United matches this season have you? Tom has been excellent this season so far, some of his quick link up play with Wellers in particular has been fantastic

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Why put Josh in? He's done absolutely nothing. He's the most overrated English player.... EVER.

what's Barkley done?

Wilshere-Rodwell is clearly the future, but until JR steps up (which IMO means he hasta leave Everton) I'd give that spot to Cleverley or Parker, depending on what type of game you wanted to play.

Jenks

The more I watch England the more I think it's time for a clearout. I find it bizarre that England fans hate Ashley Cole so much, when he's the only senior player we have that performs at a consistently top class level. We'll miss him when he's gone. As for the rest though, I would happily sacrifice most of them for youth. We have to accept that the upcoming tournament is a write off, we don't stand a hope in hell of winning, so why not devote these matches (assuming we qualify) toward building for the future? Perhaps it's a bit extreme, but I would happily put a team like this out, at least they'd play passing football on the deck:

Hart
Smalling Jones Cahill Gibbs
Wilshere Barkley McEachran
Sturridge Rooney Walcott​

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The more I watch England the more I think it's time for a clearout. I find it bizarre that England fans hate Ashley Cole so much, when he's the only senior player we have that performs at a consistently top class level. We'll miss him when he's gone. As for the rest though, I would happily sacrifice most of them for youth. We have to accept that the upcoming tournament is a write off, we don't stand a hope in hell of winning, so why not devote these matches (assuming we qualify) toward building for the future? Perhaps it's a bit extreme, but I would happily put a team like this out, at least they'd play passing football on the deck:

Hart

Because Capello is a smart man who knows how to build teams for the future. Look at what he has done with Real Madrid, on two occasions with a decade in between. What he has done with other teams he has managed should also show you how he builds robust systems that are indifferent of players.

The team is winning because of the young players he has included, and the team is losing because of the old guard. When the team wins and is being cheered, everyone praises the young players, so their hype is based on merit. Look at Ashley young for instance. What is it now? 2 in 3 for a winger? Perfect. Who is being highlighted as the antagonists? Players like John Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, and so forth, not to mention rightfuly so. If he had left them out right away, it would have added massive pressure on the youngsters which would destroy them. Plus everyone would cry for their heroes. People are turning onto their so called heroes now and just in time for the younger players who can actually play football to take over, with confidence and results. You do not want an Arsenal project here. Capello is appallingly slow, and international football doesn't help. However I truly believe that he has changed a lot in the culture and the mindset of the fans. There is very little bullshit surrounding England, I don't hear the same buzz what so ever. Its a huge dent to the ego, but a necessary one.

Liverpool, Arsenal (strange), Everton? and Man U are supplying and preparing the national team and Capello's team is directly reflecting that. And what I find interesting about the current/new generation is that they are all English playing together, not Chelsea or Liverpool or Man U or Arsenal heroes trying to rescue England. Look at Italy for instance, players have one club at heart but have no problem moving around, because for all the wrong things in that country, they play as a unit (though slowest progressing motherfuckers).

Play that same team you ask for and they will be pretty and will be exciting but sooner or later they will crash, hard. Let the old guard take the blame, let the younger ones sneak in from behind, no pressure no noise, just results and growing confidence. The defense seems solid as hell, Wilshere is damn impressive and I believe in Rooney. Ashley Young seems like a clutch type of player. Hart is cursed, but you hope he has a bit better luck than the other English goal keepers, cuz he is good.

Jenks

Because Capello is a smart man who knows how to build teams for the future. Look at what he has done with Real Madrid, on two occasions with a decade in between.

The difference being that club teams play together every day in training, and weekly in matches, plus they are challenging for titles every year. International football is nothing like that, he has precious little time to get the players together and actually play matches, and tournaments are every two years. What's the point in using players now that realistically are never going to be part of a title challenging side? If it's a case of them being necessary for qualification then fair enough, but I was talking about tournament football. The team I posted is perhaps a bit extreme, but I think we can defnitely afford to lose players like Ferdinand, Terry, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Barry, Parker etc. from the side, because realistically all they're doing is denying a younger player the experience they might need to realistically win something for England. Because I can assure you, this current team will win nothing.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Or he's out of his depth with that job.

Everyone else before him also were, and never brought one new idea. Capello did, and even if he did not, he at least did not reinforce the same old hype around his team like others before him did. Guess who qualified to the Euro Cup this year? Yup, England. Guess who didn't make it last time around? Yup, England.

Jenks

We haven't qualified yet. We need a draw in the last game to qualify, as we did in the previous campaign, and lost.

M

M00se

Hart

Agree with what you said, that will never happen though while Capello is incharge, Capello is old skool, shite football and defensive minded as they come, Capello should have gone when England failed in S.Africa, ok the players were poor but i say the management staff was even poorer, clueless with only 1 tactic, to hoof it up to Crouch and Heskey.

I suspect more tears for next summer, but by 2014 the team could look something like this:-

Hart
Richards Smalling Jones Gibbs
McEachran
Barkley Wilshere Cleverley
Morrison
Rooney

Which is impressive on paper and when you look at what the bench could look like too, it really could be an impressive team.

Home of Barca Fans