Javier Pastore

JAMAIN

I really like him. I think he has one of the best young football brains in Europe and you need a football brain to play for Barca. If the Cesc saga continues without bearing any fruit he should be the next one on the list even over Ozil and the like. With his positioning, dribbling, and passing he has what it takes to break down parked buses. A smart piece of business if Cesc is not coming this season.

V

Valon

Would love to see him in Spain but I hope Palermo keep him this season.

JAMAIN

The more I think about him, the more I think he could be geat with this current playing group. His ability to pass, keep the ball, beat guys off the dribble and his football brain should work wonders behind Xaviesta. If not Cesc is not on, I reall hope we look at him closely for this season. He should be gettable for 20M.

JAMAIN

Yeah, he'd be fabulous. If he can play left wing thats great because Jefferen still needs to prove he can play at the level thats needed.
Pastore is going to cost half what Cesc is going to cost and he will come just at the right time (price and development wise) and he will play with nothing to lose~

JAMAIN

Palermo don't play like Barca, but who does?

From what I've seen Pastore likes the middle but drifts left and in. Unlike a Riquelme he does not need the whole game to get going nor does he need the whole 'system' to work around him. Although not a scorer and not as fast, he is similar to Kaka in that he can come and influence games without much fuss.

He can hold the ball up, ghost past defenders, has a killer final pass. However his awareness and movement off the ball to make space for himself and others is genius. If Hleb is the poor mans Kaka, Pastore is the thinking mans Kaka. Iniesta, Xavi and Messi especially are going to love him.

Messi and Pastore are close friends and Pastore has already rejected Madrid because of a 'promise' his made with Leo. However Palermo know what they have. He is going to take about 25M-30M to prise him away.

Trequartista

The good
Palermo don't play like Barca, but who does?

From what I've seen Pastore likes the middle but drifts left and in. Unlike a Riquelme he does not need the whole game to get going nor does he need the whole 'system' to work around him. Although not a scorer and not as fast, he is similar to Kaka in that he can come and influence games without much fuss.

He can hold the ball up, ghost past defenders, has a killer final pass. However his awareness and movement off the ball to make space for himself and others is genius. If Hleb is the poor mans Kaka, Pastore is the thinking mans Kaka. Iniesta, Xavi and Messi especially are going to love him.

Messi and Pastore are close friends and Pastore has already rejected Madrid because of a 'promise' his made with Leo. However Palermo know what they have. He is going to take about 25M-30M to prise him away.

Very Interesting,I never watched a full match for him,but his profile looks the same like Ozil.

JAMAIN

Very Interesting,I never watched a full match for him,but his profile looks the same like Ozil.

Pastore is going to be a star at Barca. Whilst personally, I think Ozil will get found out if he comes. He had a great cup, but Germany were working with all guns blazing and Ozil was seeing a lot of space. He is not going to get that space in the Nou Camp where it's going to parked buses everywhere. I also don't think he has acumen to play with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Thats where Hleb was left wanting. He does not have the brain to keep possession with the others. If you watch Pastore you will see that he can beat men off the dribble (similar to Iniesta) and work himself out of tight positions with clever one-two's cause his movement off the ball is so smart. Against Parked buses this what you need, players who can create well in tight spaces from wide and around the box, whilst being composed enough to play keep ball around the middle.

Pastore (like Xavi and Iniesta) will be able to draw the buses out by playing in the triangles and find the ball for the likes of Villa and Pedro to get a shooting angles in the box. Unless your a freak like Messi that can beat two or three guys at will that is what our system is all about.

Last edited:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Pastore is going to be a star at Barca. Whilst personally, I think Ozil will get found out if he comes. He had a great cup, but Germany were working with all guns blazing and Ozil was seeing a lot of space. He is not going to get that space in the Nou Camp where it's going to parked buses everywhere. I also don't think he has acumen to play with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Thats where Hleb was left wanting. He does not have the brain to keep possession with the others. If you watch Pastore you will see that he can beat men off the dribble (similar to Iniesta) and work himself out of tight positions with clever one-two's cause his movement off the ball is so smart. Against Parked buses this what you need, players who can create well in tight spaces from wide and around the box, whilst being composed enough to play keep ball around the middle.

Pastore (like Xavi and Iniesta) will be able to draw the buses out by playing in the triangles and find the ball for the likes of Villa and Pedro to get a shooting angles in the box. Unless your a freak like Messi that can beat two or three guys at will that is what our system is all about.

your speaking as if Pastore has already been signed, am i missing something?

El Guadiana

Pastore is class and wont hesitatte to place a hex on him if he joins Barca! An injury ridden career to make Woodgate look like a warrior.....Some of this guys on this forum have too acute and eye for who should play for Barca damn! while alot of other Madridistas i know want bloody ribery, silva adn maria i the same vein.

Pastore is a technically gifted Kaka... I woulkd exchange him gladly for that Jesus bum Boy. Kaka runs like he is Ice skating and topple over easily wtf!? Pastore is young, strong, and very intelliegient. Maradona is a crackhead overworking Messi so much when he had so many playmakers on the damn bench

B

barcafan4ever

agreed, i havent seen much of this lad but would love to see him at barca. forget chasing after fabregas and let him do his business at arsenal and bring this young lad, i love argentinian, spanish, brazil type players... very talented and technical and thats what barca needs, so id love to see him work alongside xavi iniesta... would be great.. :)

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Pastore is class and wont hesitatte to place a hex on him if he joins Barca! An injury ridden career to make Woodgate look like a warrior.....Some of this guys on this forum have too acute and eye for who should play for Barca damn! while alot of other Madridistas i know want bloody ribery, silva adn maria i the same vein.

Pastore is a technically gifted Kaka... I woulkd exchange him gladly for that Jesus bum Boy. Kaka runs like he is Ice skating and topple over easily wtf!? Pastore is young, strong, and very intelliegient. Maradona is a crackhead overworking Messi so much when he had so many playmakers on the damn bench
Are you a Madridista?

Home of Barca Fans