Javier Tebas (LFP President)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No. Sell the club asap. It?s time to become an oil club. No shame.

I do not want us to become an oil club, but have 25 to 49% of the club opened up for serious investors. Preferably local ones and not some sheikhs from the Middle East.

Similar to Bayern where Adidas, Audi and Allianz are stockholders and have a permanent board seat.

Socis have proven to be incapable of controlling the club and securing its interest and so have various elected presidents throughout the club's history. Especially with regards to financial controls.

JamDav1982

Even if we sell Gavi and Frenkie etc they will still find a way to fuck us

Barca gonna have to sell its soul, Tebag got us over a barrel

No he doesnt and if that is the theory why go with what he wants to happen?

Tebas has clubs best interest at heart does he?

JamDav1982

2Playbook said it is both, 270m from CVC and potentially another 270 from Goldman Sachs.

What I don't understand is how the 270m from CVC is treated as income (as opposed to debt), since it has to be repaid.

If we have to sell shares of TV rights anyways, I'd rather we sell to Goldman Sachs or whoever that we don't have to repay later.

CVC is recorded as income as it is a deal to help clubs accounts during covid and a loan wouldnt do that to same extent.

jamrock

Nope... what he said is if they want to sign Lewa they need to sell players and parts of club.

No one is arguing have to go out and sign big this summer as an alternative.

It would be selling players and working within current rules as has been said plenty of times.

Yea brilliant plan let's sell of our players, buy no one & become arsenal/Milan for A decade.

Smart strok, thank god you don't run a business.

Anyways while in reality as the leaders have the club have said & everyone knows we will only get out of this situation while performing on the field while balancing bartomeu's fuck up.

JamDav1982

I believe I read so. But I stand to be corrected and will look for the quotes.

Both together is a disaster. Big disaster.

It is being said they are trying for x2 TV rights deals not one or other although that could be how it goes if socios dont like the deal and want some kind of compromise of signing one.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
CVC is recorded as income as it is a deal to help clubs accounts during covid and a loan wouldnt do that to same extent.

Must be some inventive accounting created by Tebas and his cronies at La Liga.

I have grown to dislike the CVC deal, giving up shares of future TV money for one thing but man, not only are we getting screwed in the future for 50 years but we have to repay the 270m.

If we are essentially getting the exact same deal the other clubs have signed, I don't know what the heck is the point they have been discussing with CVC for that long. I'd be happier if we can get an early termination clause (like if we repay the 270m after say 10 years etc., which gives CVC ample time to make money off of us).

jamrock

2Playbook said it is both, 270m from CVC and potentially another 270 from Goldman Sachs.

What I don't understand is how the 270m from CVC is treated as income (as opposed to debt), since it has to be repaid.

If we have to sell shares of TV rights anyways, I'd rather we sell to Goldman Sachs or whoever that we don't have to repay later.

Cvc is a loan to LA Liga that is structured in a certain way to be seeing as income/equity.

We could so the same with Goldman sacks but tebas is a dick.

It's all just how la Liga choices to define one loan vs another.

JamDav1982

Yea brilliant plan let's sell of our players, buy no one & become arsenal/Milan for A decade.

Smart strok, thank god you don't run a business.

Anyways while in reality as the leaders have the club have said & everyone knows we will only get out of this situation while performing on the field while balancing bartomeu's fuck up.

While you want the club to take money to sign a few players now for short term gain and pay for it for next 40 years.

Thank god yoi dont run a business.

You just decide if it is a good deal based on what Laporta decides.

jamrock

While you want the club to take money to sign a few players now for short term gain and pay for it for next 40 years.

Thank god yoi dont run a business.

You just decide if it is a good deal based on what Laporta decides.

I do is very successful, increase profits 100x year over year....

Porque

The JamDav plan isn't a bad idea to be honest, if we have a strong sporting director and manager (not discounting Xavi here).

We will always have some pull for a certain level of talent (look at Palbo Torre over Madrid, and Kessie- two good low cost moves).

Being firm on Mazeouie(sp) and selling/releasing Alves,Roberto and Dest could have been another move.

LaLiga is weak enough to keep touching distance to winning, while CL offers enough opportunity to have a run like Villarreal, Ajax, Lyon, Leipzig and the Portuguese clubs in recent years.

When we were under Gaspart, we were horrible but still had runs in Europe.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
By the way, if this clears up any salary cap issues, what is the excuse for loading the team with likes of Alonso and Azpi now? Even paying Chelsea a fee for them.

Insanity.

Home of Barca Fans