Javier Tebas (LFP President)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not really.

I would think any other league that proposed the CVC deal it would be as a one off and not strictly then open season for clubs to start selling off parts of future tv income in same way. It would lead to carnage and worse situation than started from.

Can see why it is not just accepted from La Liga without question there has to be some kind of rules in place.

Perhaps, but the possibility that they made an exception only for CVC but not others smells very fishy and unfair.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Calm down,

Tebas isn't some crazy alien trying to destroy Barca.

His first term was really good, and these measures are nothing new

Literally every club was well aware of the rules and followed them hence why Real Madrid have a very high salary cap and did not need to sign CVC

I am not blindly anti-Tebas, I have defended him many times before and I do think he did an OK to good job on some other fronts in terms of giving La Liga a higher profile etc., but if he is pressuring us to sign the CVC deal in order for us to have any salary cap margin, then he is a piece of shit.

I am against selling 10% of TV rights to CVC and having to repay the 270m later. Moreover, I am more against selling even more shares to CVC or anybody else (GS or whatever).

JamDav1982

I am not blindly anti-Tebas, I have defended him many times before and I do think he did an OK to good job on some other fronts in terms of giving La Liga a higher profile etc., but if he is pressuring us to sign the CVC deal in order for us to have any salary cap margin, then he is a piece of shit.

I am against selling 10% of TV rights to CVC and having to repay the 270m later. Moreover, I am more against selling even more shares to CVC or anybody else (GS or whatever).

According to that playbook articlet the league are to some extent relaxing the rules on finances with losses from covid being allowed to be spread over a number of years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You think PSG would accept a bad deal?

I don't know the terms that PSG and other Ligue 1 clubs accepted, PSG is not short of money, perhaps they accepted it because without it, the deal would have collapsed? Maybe they did for the greater good of Ligue 1.

Messigician

Don't think he's pressured anyone

Clubs free not to sign like Bilbao

Don't see him mentioning them every week

But Bilbao don't pay their players 50m and try to sign Lewandowski

JamDav1982

PSG are not comparable.

They manufature commercial deals, dont rely on domestic tv deal to same extent as Barca or anywhere close, dont care about FFP rules and could even use some of the income to justify Mbappe signing. While it was alsi a smaller % than the 15% CVC has been to date.

Not even remotely same situation as Barca.

Messigician

I don't know the terms that PSG and other Ligue 1 clubs accepted, PSG is not short of money, perhaps they accepted it because without it, the deal would have collapsed? Maybe they did for the greater good of Ligue 1.

Sure but the argument was it's a bad deal that failed everywhere except Spain

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to that playbook articlet the league are to some extent relaxing the rules on finances with losses from covid being allowed to be spread over a number of years.

Yeah, I saw that but I honestly don't understand what its implications are and how that affect us either way.

Anyways, Tebas kept saying we have to sell assets in order to have salary cap margins, so the alleged relaxation on factoring in losses most likely didn't help us that much at all.

Messigician

Yeah, I saw that but I honestly don't understand what its implications are and how that affect us either way.

Anyways, Tebas kept saying we have to sell assets in order to have salary cap margins, so the alleged relaxation on factoring in losses most likely didn't help us that much at all.

This is what he said tho

Javier Tebas (La Liga president): "Lewandowski? As of today Bar?a cannot sign him. Bar?a already know what they have to do. I don't know who they will sell. They have to sell players."

Fair enough

JamDav1982

Can still help but Barca require to raise less income.

Home of Barca Fans