Javier Tebas (LFP President)

JamDav1982

Thanks,, I see 2Playbook just corrected their story just now and replaced Goldman Sachs (which was on the earlier edition of that article) with CVC.

Yeah was confused a bit by that as twitter said CVC x2 also but that article said GS.

Doesnt really matter much either way suppose.

jamrock

The deal is shitty, that's a given it's been shitty since day 1, so to say it's a shitty deal isn't saying much, unless it took us 12 months to understand this, I've said this from day one, as has the leaders at the club.

But if we start from that point & accept that, then look at our current situation and know we have has 12 months to come up with alternatives, we came up with 1 or 2, but those may not be enough, then at some point we have to accept that we are in a corner & may have to accept the shitty deal, because we are Getting no help from tebas.

It's that are we accept we will become arsenal/Milan for a very long time.

JamDav1982

Nah would not be 'AC Milan/Arsenal' that is nonsense and what players you expecting if sign off this deal? Azpi/Alonso etc..

The club are going down road Tebas wants which tells its own story.

It is accepting a few years of scaling back and trying to rebuild and accepting that is an option or going for instant success to sign players that most likely wont even bring that and to pay for it for next 40 years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah was confused a bit by that as twitter said CVC x2 also but that article said GS.

Doesnt really matter much either way suppose.

If it is all CVC and they decided to sell shares to CVC, why couldn't they just sell 20% or 25% of TV rights to them in one swoop (via the company that will be set up to be the rights owner of TV rights) vs. the first 270m from CVC has to be repaid, the second 270m doesn't have to be repaid? At least we could have saved 270m that we will have to repay 50 or 40 years later.

Shitty deal.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So our revenue will be at least 42m + less every year than Madrid from now on, and we will probably back out of the ESL deal (facing any potential fines?).

Fuck you Bartomeu and Tebas.

Messigician

It seems that is what the long term intent has been of the club.

1. First reject the CVC.
2. Second open to idea on better turns (get the loan counted as profit).
3. Leverage this to get a better deal.
4. Have LaLiga accept that as a profit as they accepted CVC as profit.
5. Checkmate

Right now it seems we are at stage 4. Tebas is putting the pressure of time, but he must concede.

If he doesn't then we are fucked and he is fucked, as this going to court is probably going to lead to him being fired too. While we're left without being able to signing anyone and getting by minimally through sales of Frenkie and (maybe) Gavi.

So basically right now we're at a battle of egos.

This is the way I'm reading it right now but maybe I am giving the board too much credit.

BTW it is CVC OR Goldman Sachs by my understanding- not both.

" Tebas must concede"

Where have I heard this one before

Last edited:

Porque

If it is all CVC and they decided to sell shares to CVC, why couldn't they just sell 20% or 25% of TV rights to them in one swoop (via the company that will be set up to be the rights owner of TV rights) vs. the first 270m from CVC has to be repaid, the second 270m doesn't have to be repaid? At least we could have saved 270m that we will have to repay 50 or 40 years later.

Shitty deal.

This is the key question. Barcelona could theoritically devise a better investment plan through leveraging the TV rights with some VC rocketfuel.

They have the precedent of better metrics in all areas of income, marketing, brand and media than LaLiga.

But to challenge LaLiga rejecting our own deal as profit for their imposed salary cap would take years to overturn.

If we had a strong plan D (love or hate him- like JamDav suggests) then we could.

The other thing is Laporta has 8 years max unlike Perez and is pushed to provide a quick fix.

JamDav1982

If only MATS was in charge of La Liga they would have conceded on first offer Barca made.

Apology to the lad and doesnt change opinion if him truly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is the key question. Barcelona could theoritically devise a better investment plan through leveraging the TV rights with some VC rocketfuel.

They have the precedent of better metrics in all areas of income, marketing, brand and media than LaLiga.

But to challenge LaLiga rejecting our own deal as profit for their imposed salary cap would take years to overturn.

If we had a strong plan D (love or hate him- like JamDav suggests) then we could.

The other thing is Laporta has 8 years max unlike Perez and is pushed to provide a quick fix.

If what you are suspecting is true, that Tebas and La Liga refuse to allow any other deals except CVC to be treated as revenue/income rather than debt, then this is really Tebas and La Liga trying to blackmail us. These fuckers probably got some kickbacks from CVC, I wouldn't be surprised.

I do think Laporta loves and cares about the club, but he probably is more concerned about his presidency and legacy more than anything else at this point. 50 years from now Laporta is long gone, I'd be dead too but the long term damage to the club will be immense.

I hope the socis will veto this. They should ask all socis to vote on this.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

If what you are suspecting is true, that Tebas and La Liga refuse to allow any other deals except CVC to be treated as revenue/income rather than debt, then this is really Tebas and La Liga trying to blackmail us. These fuckers probably got some kickbacks from CVC, I wouldn't be surprised.

I do think Laporta loves and cares about the club, but he probably is more concerned about his presidency and legacy more than anything else at this point. 50 years from now Laporta is long gone, I'd be dead too but the damage to the club will be immense.

Not really.

I would think any other league that proposed the CVC deal it would be as a one off and not strictly then open season for clubs to start selling off parts of future tv income in same way. It would lead to carnage and worse situation than started from.

Can see why it is not just accepted from La Liga without question there has to be some kind of rules in place.

Messigician

I do think Laporta loves and cares about the club, but he probably is more concerned about his presidency and legacy more than anything else at this point. 50 years from now Laporta is long gone, I'd be dead too but the long term damage to the club will be immense.

Calm down,

Tebas isn't some crazy alien trying to destroy Barca.

His first term was really good, and these measures are nothing new

Literally every club was well aware of the rules and followed them hence why Real Madrid have a very high salary cap and did not need to sign CVC

Messigician

Not really.

I would think any other league that proposed the CVC deal it would be as a one off and not strictly then open season for clubs to start selling off parts of future tv income in same way. It would lead to carnage and worse situation than started from.

Can see why it is not just accepted from La Liga without question there has to be some kind of rules in place.

PSG literally signed the CVC deal

Try harder

Home of Barca Fans