Jean Marie Dongou

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Wonderful indeed! Seems like La Masia is built on a gold mine! :D
There has been many "Messi" or "better than Messi" youth products, better to avoid making any comparisons with the potential greatest ever so he can go on step by step without pressure,I hope he turns out great !:)

Yugi

he is scoring them for fun
but cant believe graham thinks he is better than messi at 16
i think samper is better than him but he doesnt score so people miss on him

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
he is scoring them for fun
but cant believe graham thinks he is better than messi at 16
i think samper is better than him but he doesnt score so people miss on him

I was thinking the same thing :lol: I like Graham but I wouldn't mistake him for a scout

I've seen times where Dongou looks like the real deal...but the one player I see that occasionally flashes genius is Samper

Wouterinho

I think Samper & Dongou both look really promising but Samper seems to be more of a typical Barca-player. Dongou is a big talent but our current first team doens't really play with a center forward. However he has the potential to become a big player.

jamrock

He is not only better than messi at 16, he is better than messi at 17, which is when I first saw messi play, but that doesn't say much as to how he will develop over time, as I have seen a few players that were as good as or better than messi at the same age and they just haven't developed.

But Dongou seems humble and willing to put in the work, if he doesn't make it to be at least a competent striker in a top league I would be shocked.

Yugi

Leo at 17 was first teamer already so thats very hard to judge, had he still played at juvenils he would be bored after 5 matches, it would be too easy for him
I never seen young leo but from youtube la masia days he looked too special and composed for guy his age

Wouterinho

How old is he?
And any statistics on how many goals he's scoring?
Goals aren't the only thing that matters, his entire game is impressive. And statistics? I don't know his statistics in the domestic competition but in the Next Gen Series he has already scored 7 times in 6 games (If he even played every game), he's currently number 1 of the top goalscorers list.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Comparing any youth to Messi is wrong IMO. Leo Messi is not a ruler to measure how good a kid is or will be, he is an anomaly, a freak, force of nature thing. He was nutmegging big guys like he made fool of his peers when he was a teenager. What FCBarca said is true Leo Messi has been playing like this since he could kick a ball.

there is their playing styles(very different),body built, opponents, etc... you can not compare them. Form what I have seen from this kid, he is very impressive but it's too soon to judge him imo and better to let him come by as pep says piano, piano ,withdrawing any comparisons with big boys

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You feel me brah...It's always going to be sheer folly to compare a youth to Leo...Can you imagine the enormous talent a kid would have to display to outclass a young Leo?...It'd have to be an alien or something out of the future where everyone can express particular genetic codes ala carte

I like Dongou but saying he looks more impressive than Leo at any age, IMHO, just goes to prove how much hyperbole exists in scouting young talent

As my boy McCloud would say...There can only be one

highlander-christopher-lambert-kilt-sword.jpg

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
You feel me brah...It's always going to be sheer folly to compare a youth to Leo...Can you imagine the enormous talent a kid would have to display to outclass a young Leo?...It'd have to be an alien or something out of the future where everyone can express particular genetic codes ala carte

I like Dongou but saying he looks more impressive than Leo at any age, IMHO, just goes to prove how much hyperbole exists in scouting young talent

As my boy McCloud would say...There can only be one

highlander-christopher-lambert-kilt-sword.jpg

tumblr_llmv4pKHGq1qafrh6.gif

Home of Barca Fans