Jeremy Mathieu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I admit, I underestimated him. I hereby change my position from "we should have bought Benatia instead of Mathieu or Vermaelen" to "we should have bought Benatia instead of Vermaelen."

:lol: Get off your high horse. Having Mathieu need to jump through hoops to prove himself to be 'not useless' to you in comparison to Benatia when you hadn't seen either player ever play. Change your position however you want, it doesn't really increase in any subjective validity.

As for Mathieu himself, keep it up Weasley :worthy:. I've rarely seen anyone dominate Aduriz in the air throughout all of his time at Athletic but Mathieu was doing it with ease today. Not to mention his skills/passing/tackling/pace :lol:.

spark

Hes sort of a muscular Abidal. And plays like it too. Where abidal did everything elegantly but still dominantly , Mathieu comes in and takes no prisoners, but he isnt a butcher either. Great player all around.

Alarcón

I admit, I underestimated him. I hereby change my position from "we should have bought Benatia instead of Mathieu or Vermaelen" to "we should have bought Benatia instead of Vermaelen."

And when Vermaelen starts playing you will change your position to "we should have bought Benatia and sold Piqué" I guess

And when Vermaelen starts playing you will change your position to "we should have bought Benatia and sold Piqué" I guess

Let's talk about IF he starts playing before we start talking about when.

Also, if Vermaelen actually outperforms Benatia, then that'll be proof that miracles can happen. In fact, Mathieu outperforming Benatia would also be proof of that.

Last edited:
just admit you were wrong bro

Nope. He still isn't world class. Benatia's still a better CB than him. Bayern still got a way better deal than us. Ignoring Benatia was still dumb as hell. I'll only say otherwise if Mathieu actually outperforms him this season.

But again, Mathieu's not the one we should have bought Benatia over. Vermaelen is.

Last edited:

serghei

Mathieu is strong, fast and very commited. These 3 qualities are the foundation of a great defender. He could become one on Camp Nou. Great game, really great.

Right, now, after three games, Mathieu and Mascherano look really solid.

I

instinct

Jeremy Mathieu has recovered 17 balls during the game against Athletic, while he didn't lose any

Sid90

Cigarettes are the secret of this guy's energy should start drinking as well...will make him unplayable.

SeloBarca

Not the best with the ball at his feet though, tends to scoop it away most of the time.
Best defender today though.

Irish_Cules

Not the best with the ball at his feet though, tends to scoop it away most of the time.
Best defender today though.

He clears it now and again but he is generally very good with the ball at his feet. He made some really nice passes and also worked his way out of tight situations.

Home of Barca Fans