Joan Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Just finished reading Bartomeu's letter to Laporta.

Between all the stuff trying to exonerate himself and his board, Bartomeu did raise two valid questions in my opinion:

(1) The departing board of Bartomeu had it in their 20/21 plan to further cut 20% of the wages in the 20/21 season, which according to Bartomeu would save us 90m. However Laporta did not take any action on it. I think Bartomeu was BSting since he was still in office for the most part of the 20/21 season and he didn't seem to do jackshit in that regard; however it is true that Laporta did not seem to commit to any wage reduction until pretty late, recently.

(2) Bartomeu's estimate of loss was around 375m for the 20/21 season from the closure of Camp Nou, the museum, stores, merchandising and sponsorship etc., however Laporta said last weekend that our loss was a whopping 478m. What gives? This should be explained indeed.

MTL_Barca

We already knew Barto was shameless but Jesus Christ how delusional can you be...the guy and his board ruined the club and now he has the audacity to come up with this, it's incredible. He should be happy he didn't get beat up by angry fans on the streets of Barcelona yet and just stay away from the club forever.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartomeu couldn't even reduce the salaries the first time. The players had their salaries deferred for later, not reduced.

How was he going to achieve a salary reduction this time when players don't want to leave and players don't respect him at all? After all he is the President who paid a company to trash the players on social media.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Bartomeu couldn't even reduce the salaries the first time. The players had their salaries deferred for later, not reduced.

How was he going to achieve a salary reduction this time when players don't want to leave and players don't respect him at all? After all he is the President who paid a company to trash the players on social media.

There is a reason he waited for Messi to leave and the CVC deal to go through , before he sent that garbage. I was joking yesterday that Bartomeu is preparing a vote of no confidence , but him and his cronies might actually go for it.

Last edited:

mssarm

Just finished reading Bartomeu's letter to Laporta.

Between all the stuff trying to exonerate himself and his board, Bartomeu did raise two valid questions in my opinion:

(1) The departing board of Bartomeu had it in their 20/21 plan to further cut 20% of the wages in the 20/21 season, which according to Bartomeu would save us 90m. However Laporta did not take any action on it. I think Bartomeu was BSting since he was still in office for the most part of the 20/21 season and he didn't seem to do jackshit in that regard; however it is true that Laporta did not seem to commit to any wage reduction until pretty late, recently.

(2) Bartomeu's estimate of loss was around 375m for the 20/21 season from the closure of Camp Nou, the museum, stores, merchandising and sponsorship etc., however Laporta said last weekend that our loss was a whopping 478m. What gives? This should be explained indeed.
On #2 it’s possible that Barto’s estimates include only the losses while he was in the office. He was gone mid 20/21 season so the losses might have increased after his departure.

serghei

Lol, we'll be registering losses even 2 years form now from the shit Barto signed while in office. One of his main solutions was to kick all problems down the road for the future board to deal with.

Really the worst slime of a politician this guy. Half the Parliament in Romania is filled with crooks like Barto.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There is a reason he waited for Messi to leave and the CVC deal to go through before he sent that garbage. I was joking yesterday that Bartomeu is preparing a vote of no confidence , but him and his cronies might actually go for it now.

Club seemed to have briefed the press they will release a statement in two days with all the facts and respond to Bartomeu properly this time, which IMO should have happened as soon as they got the initial results from the audit.

This man might go to prison. He should have his membership stripped being the disgrace he is.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
On #2 it’s possible that Barto’s estimates include only the losses while he was in the office. He was gone mid 20/21 season so the losses might have increased after his departure.

I am not sure about that. Even 375m is unbelievably high, since that means we lost roughly 215m from commercial and broadcasting alone (375m - 160m, which is what we usually get for matchday in a season), that's incredible.

Now 478m, meaning besides matchday income we lost 318m??? I can't fathom that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

They did reduce their wages toward the end of 19/20 season and saved us 18m. Yes, the bulk was done via deferral, which was around 138m I think.

serghei

I am not sure about that. Even 375m is unbelievably high, since that means we lost roughly 215m from commercial and broadcasting alone (375m - 160m, which is what we usually get for matchday in a season), that's incredible.

Now 478m, meaning besides matchday income we lost 318m??? I can't fathom that.

Why not? Nearly all marketing related contracts are usually tied to many variables, the vast majority of which were affected by covid. A football club (non oil club or sugar daddy club) is not much different than a touristic asset. It provide entertainment services to the public. That's one of the sectors most badly damaged by covid.

Nazario1985

And this is precisely why I said going soft on Bartomeu/Rosell was a mistake.

Time for Laporta and this board to name and shame by presenting the audit and making a complaint to the police if necessary if they suspect fraud/embezzlement of any sort.

What fraud ?

FCB is not a company it's an association and that's for a reason, Social shit at it's best.

They are all corrupt to the neck including Laporta so he will not call anyone and what can they even do ?

We don't really know anything and have to believe one of the tow blaming each other, as association are zero percent transparent unlike a limited company ex: ManCity / United ..etc where you can read through their books crystal clear.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why not? Nearly all marketing related contracts are usually tied to many variables, the vast majority of which were affected by covid. A football club (non oil club or sugar daddy club) is not much different than a touristic asset. It provide entertainment services to the public. That's one of the sectors most badly damaged by covid.

That means most of our sponsors, including Nike, didn't pay us for an entire season. How did they justify that?

Also, how come no other clubs have suffered loss from commercial and broadcasting revenues of this kind of magnitude?

serghei

That means most of our sponsors, including Nike, didn't pay us for an entire season. How did they justify that?

Also, how come no other clubs have suffered loss from commercial and broadcasting revenues of this kind of magnitude?

Do we have a clear separation on revenue from different activities? I imagine in our case, matchday revenue is the highest of all clubs due to 80.000 fans average attendence. That's like gone completely.

I think all the conditions for why we have suffered the biggest losses from covid from all clubs are there in our case.

- covid caught us in a spending spree (basically we spent huge on transfers banking on future revenue that collapsed, in many ways we spent money we didn't have)
- have the highest revenue generated from fans attending games, we and Madrid are the most global clubs who have a spend what you earn business model. Partly Bayern as well. But Bayern didn't buy 3 120m players and didn't have a single player earning 550m in 4 years in wages and all sorts of silly bonuses.
- we can't inject capital to deal with problems early on due to fan owned model (any new money has to be with bank loans), meaning it usually will get worse before it gets better
- huge inflated contracts with all sorts of idiotic bonuses for players who have no incentive at all to move to other teams

Last edited:

malvolio

What fraud ?

FCB is not a company it's an association and that's for a reason, Social shit at it's best.

They are all corrupt to the neck including Laporta so he will not call anyone and what can they even do ?

We don't really know anything and have to believe one of the tow blaming each other, as association are zero percent transparent unlike a limited company ex: ManCity / United ..etc where you can read through their books crystal clear.

the same people are running this club since 2003

Presa_possessi-_Junta_2003.jpg

Home of Barca Fans