Joan Laporta

serghei

Yep, wanted Messi to leave that's why we brought his best buddy Aguero to please him.

Messi asked for too much money and we could not afford it in the end, move on.

Nazario1985

Nobody believes this "Laporta wanted Messi out", maybe the CEO

Simply because Laporta can't plan 24 hours ahead !!

Getting Aguero just shows how weak he is, not even talking about being in Perez's shoes!

khaled_a_d

Im convinced now that they just wanted messi to leave.
It was said a few days ago that without Messi it was at 95%, there is no way that it went down by 25% by Pique lowering his wages, even if Pique played for free that wouldnt be possible.
Either Tebas let it happen or Laporta's 95% was BS and it was more like 75%.

We earned around 35M this transfer window in addition to saved wages of the departured players and Pique.
The moment it was confirmed Emerson registered as he was already Barca player, there were little doubt the other 2 will get registered

malvolio

Yep, wanted Messi to leave that's why we brought his best buddy Aguero to please him.

Messi asked for too much money and we could not afford it in the end, move on.

Yeah, Messi asked the club for Aguero. Club obliged because he was Messi's friend, not because he was a recognised goalscorer coming on a free. Even though the club never signed a Messi friend before.

Messi then proceeds to get greedy by agreeing to a 50% lower salary, which the club was happy with. Club then proceeds to lie and in the end offer Messi nothing.

Messi tells Aguero: "Sorry bro, I know I asked the club to bring you here, but I have many mouths to feed and I'm fucking off to PSG. Bye!"

Anything from serghei so that his amigos theory is validated :lol:

Prodi

Im convinced now that they just wanted messi to leave.
It was said a few days ago that without Messi it was at 95%, there is no way that it went down by 25% by Pique lowering his wages, even if Pique played for free that wouldnt be possible.
Either Tebas let it happen or Laporta's 95% was BS and it was more like 75%.

It doesnt work like that.

We can spend 20% of the sales and wages released even if we exceed 70%.
The problem with Messi is that if he is renewed it would go over 100% and we would have losses again in the next budget meaning Laporta and his board loses all his money and must resign.

In addition, the following years he would earn more, more wages and we still do not know if we will recover the income.

Last edited:

akaranzo

It doesnt work like that.

We can spend 20% of the sales and wages released even if we exceed 70%.
The problem with Messi is that if he is renewed it would go over 100% and we would have losses again in the next budget meaning Laporta and his board loses all his money and must resign.

In addition, the following years he would earn more, more wages and we still do not know if we will recover the income.

Thank you, finally someone with sense here. Tired of all the conspiracy theory maniacs.

Messigician

Checkmate

❗According to sources close to Bartomeu he would have tried to ensure Messi's continuity with a unilateral 20% reduction of the squad's salary and the sale of Bar?a Corporate.

? Bartomeu calculated a total of ?310m to register new signings and also Messi.

Via (🟠): @sport https://t.co/RvazO2G1Cb

kattanib

Checkmate

❗According to sources close to Bartomeu he would have tried to ensure Messi's continuity with a unilateral 20% reduction of the squad's salary and the sale of Bar?a Corporate.

? Bartomeu calculated a total of ?310m to register new signings and also Messi.

Via (🟠): @sport https://t.co/RvazO2G1Cb

What are you trying to communicate? That Barto is great? Well you are stuck with Laporta .. That Laporta sucks? Well you are stuck with Laporta

Swallow it however you would like to swallow it, but the sooner the better

Also your username name is no longer relevant

Messigician

What are you trying to communicate? That Barto is great? Well you are stuck with Laporta .. That Laporta sucks? Well you are stuck with Laporta

Swallow it however you would like to swallow it, but the sooner the better

That Laporta sucks and he should resign asap he's out of his depth

cro-man

I think it was smart not letting anyone know how bad the situation is. It would have exposed us and it would have been harder to sign players. Just the thought alone we cant register anyone and the potential not being able to play would scare away some players. Messi staying did depend on the CVC deal which didnt happend at the end. I think both parties did know that this thing is quiet open. The outcome did suit well both parties because i think messi did want to leave and laporta did want to get rid of him. Everyone else is of course not happy.

Home of Barca Fans