Joan Laporta

Porque

Exactly, it isn't done by owners of the club so it isn't considered income.

Only other connection is the CVC deal

There is two theories in the comment, one that it means it is similar to CVC deal and they get a share of the TV rights (and I don't believe that one) and the other it is used as guarantee to pay the agreement, so they only get it if we failed to pay normally.
If it is the later (most likely) then there is zero connection to the Messi situation.

It is definitely the latter. The TV rights are the guarantor for the loan.

It lends thought to why Barcelona wouldn't want to give away 10% for 200m (of which 70% must be used per LaLiga terms) when they can get double that on their own terms of usage.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The loan itself has nothing to do with Messi, it is a response/remedy measure to our terrible financial situation. We needed money to pay off outstanding debts and refinance some of existing ones, and we need cash to pay wages and cover other expenses.

Messi's departure is ultimately due to the mess we are in because of Bartomeu & Co. and COVID.

Messigician

Joan Laporta: "Bar?a will have a female president within the next ten years."

" I would like to remind Mr Laporta the Socios elect the presidents of this great club"
-Bartomeu

Well said

Barcilliant

Does Laporta really think we can challenge for trophies this season?
I doubt it.
The only way we challenge is by buying the right players. Cb is priority. Kurt Zouma is available. He's better than any of our CBS. This is just going to be another hopeless season unless we reinforce the defense.

malvolio

You know what I also think? That Messi never wanted to renew as well. Just as Laporta never intended to do anything to keep him. Both parties knew a split was needed IMO.

plausible, but then again messi was truthful last year about the whole fax thing and i believe he didn't faked it this year with the whole crying and the way him and his father talked about the board/laporta afterwards.

plus it is clear he loved living here, don't think he did all this circus just to go to PSG and win a possible CL with them. money discussed was the same as negotiated with barca, from what we know right now.

he also said clearly that he changed his mind and wanted to stay. for him it would have been easy to say that he wants out and it would have been good for all parties involved.

I am more and more certain that he wanted Messi out. The only thing that doesn't support this theory is transfer of Aguero.

maybe you should stop believing in the amigos theory or the fact messi convinced the club to transfer his buddies here.

aguero was a free agent and could have went to other clubs easily on the money he is getting here. sure he was enticed to be near his best friend and living in barcelona, for him it was important.

but for laporta it mattered mostly that he is a proven goalscorer, coming on a free and willing to lower his salary expectations.

aguero just got fucked over, as i'm sure he would of negotiated differently if he knew messi is leaving.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Aguero was signed to try and keep Messi at time when Laportas ego probably thought he could change the league rules or bring in investment for Messi to stay.

He is 33 and his legs are not there while just came off an injury hit season.

Laporta signing him as a 'proven goalscorer' doesnt add up and it was Depay that was signed to play CF/LW.

Messi clearly had massive influence on transfers at Barca whether it be directly in asking for players such as Neymar and more recently Romero or the club making decisions with him in mind too often.

It happens with virtually all top players at top clubs that they have some degree of influence. It is a joke to make out Messi never had that.

malvolio

Messi and Barcelona needed to divorce. At this stage in his career, he needs better caliber players around him to win a CL or big trophies. And Barcelona with current Messi were nowhere near CL contenders. We freed up 150M a year on wages and can rebuild quicker than we would have with Messi spending another 2-3 years here.

You know what I also think? That Messi never wanted to renew as well. Just as Laporta never intended to do anything to keep him. Both parties knew a split was needed IMO.

Aguero was signed to try and keep Messi. Makes zero sense otherwise.

He is 33 and his legs are not there while just came off an injury hit season.

Laporta signing him as a 'proven goalscorer' doesnt add up and it was Depay that was signed to play CF/LW.

Messi clearly had massive influence on transfers at Barca whether it be directly in asking for players such as Neymar and more recently Romero or the club making decisions with him in mind too often.

It happens with virtually all top players at top clubs that they have some degree of influence. It is a joke to make out Messi never had that.

why would it make zero sense? what other free strikers that had the goal scoring prowess of aguero were available this summer? they just took a gamble as he came on low salary.

messi would have preferred staying in barcelona, regardless of aguero coming or not.

clearly had massive influence but didn't sign any of his buddies until aguero. :lol:

messi himself said in an interview how it went with the possible return of neymar - https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...ca-really-tried-to-sign-neymar-or-not-7630195

what happened with romero? the fact that messi wants to play with some players he deems good, doesn't means he asked the board to sign them. suddenly discussion between friends turns into messi forcing laporta into signing them?

so basically you have no actual proof that messi explicitly requested a certain player.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

why would it make zero sense? what other free strikers that had the goal scoring prowess of aguero were available this summer? they just took a gamble as he came on low salary.

clearly had massive influence but didn't sign any of his buddies until aguero. :lol:

messi himself said in an interview how it went with the possible return of neymar - https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...ca-really-tried-to-sign-neymar-or-not-7630195

what happened with romero? the fact that messi wants to play with some players he deems good, doesn't mean he asked the board to sign them. suddenly discussion between friends turns into messi forcing laporta into signing them?

so basically you have no actual proof that messi explicitly requested a certain player.

Makes zero sense to sign 33 year old that needs regenerative work done to his knees and just came off a season he could barely string matches together and when have no money. Completely illogical signing clearly done with Messi in mind.

Messi like all top players had huge influence at every level of Barca first team.

The amigos were real. They at different degrees impacted signings, coaches, training, tactics and likes of Messi has used his power throughout time at Barca dont kid yourself.

Take his word at face value if you like. Not for me. He spoke shit last summer when wanted to leave but some lap it up.

malvolio

Makes zero sense to sign 33 year old that needs regenerative work done to his knees and just came off a season he could barely string matches together and when have no money. Completely illogical signing clearly done with Messi in mind.

Messi like all top players had huge influence at every level of Barca.

The amigos were real. They at different degrees impacted signings, coaches, training, tactics and likes of Messi has used his power throughout time at Barca dont kid yourself.

illogical when we need a striker and choose a short therm option waiting for finances to get better and go for someone on big bucks? no, i don't find it illogical. the other option on the market, on a free, was giroud(ok, actually not free as milan paid 1M pounds for his transfer).

i'm not saying that he didn't have influence. for sure he was asked about some of the players the board wanted to sign(also confirmed by messi). but that's a different story to pressuring the board in signing someone.

all the coaches we got after pep, were some bums that no player in our squad would have vetoed for. most were unknowns on a managerial level. it is true they liked valverde, but don't think anyone knew him before signing here. and yet, the board fired him.

what signings have been impacted by the amigos? turan? andre gomes? coutinho? give me one example of player or manager that you think the amigos asked for.

you're just throwing accusations out there without actual proof. just guessing and hypothesizing.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

illogical when we need a striker and choose a short therm option waiting for finances to get better and go for someone on big bucks? no, i don't find it illogical. the other option on the market, on a free, was giroud(ok, actually not free as milan paid 1M pounds for his transfer).

i'm not saying that he didn't have influence. for sure he was asked about some of the players the board wanted to sign(also confirmed by messi). but that's a different story to pressuring the board in signing someone.

all the coaches we got after pep, were some bums that no player in our squad would have vetoed for. most were unknowns on a managerial level. it is true they liked valverde, but don't think anyone knew him before signing here. and yet, the board fired him.

what signings have been impacted by the amigos? turan? andre gomes? coutinho? give me one example of player or manager that you think the amigos asked for.

you're just throwing accusations out there without actual proof. just guessing and hypothesizing.

No it is illogical for reasons given despite need for a striker and Depay is the CF Barca signed and likes of Fati coming back also can help. Aguero was all about Messi.

Interesting you seem to want cast iron proof when you make up plenty claims of your own about Laporta etc that have none.

Take Messi at face value if you want.

khaled_a_d

plausible, but then again messi was truthful last year about the whole fax thing and i believe he didn't faked it this year with the whole crying and the way him and his father talked about the board/laporta afterwards.

Was he?
The whole thing went through the media, and he made a claim that he can break his contract easily through the clause in his contract but most report indicates he would have lost that case and City themselves were afraid of that.
He only said he wanted to leave after he was forced to stay, it was basically a dig against the board.

plus it is clear he loved living here, don't think he did all this circus just to go to PSG and win a possible CL with them. money discussed was the same as negotiated with barca, from what we know right now.

I don't think money is the same, he was getting around 20M net here and in PSG he is getting 35M net + 50M signing bonus.
I don't think Messi was manufacturing a circus at all, and I don't think Laporta was forcing Messi out either, but it seems both were ready for the divorce and wasn't willing to make the deal of him staying at any cost.
Of coarse ,My guess is as good yours and we will never know the full truth about it.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Messi wasnt truthful.

Claims he was asking to leave all season.. but neither he is or legal team thought to put that in writing before deadline?

Did the interview to try and save face and can clearly see who it was aimed at.

Nonsense. Some folk just take anything he says as gospel as cant have anything said that doesnt fit him as some saint that tells nothing but truths.

malvolio

No it is illogical for reasons given despite need for a striker and Depay is the CF Barca signed and likes of Fati coming back also can help. Aguero was all about Messi.

Interesting you seem to want cast iron proof when you make up plenty claims of your own about Laporta etc that have none.

Take Messi at face value if you want.

my theory about aguero signing is based on facts. because that's what we know right now. aguero was free, wanted to come and took a big pay cut. confirmed by laporta. so i'm not speculating anything as that's what happened.

again, about amigos it is what i know from the persons involved. so not speculating anything since there is no information that proves otherwise. you are the one with the theories.

the only thing i'm speculating and going into conspiracy theory territory is laporta not wanting to keep messi for his future project. i admit that on this subject i'm just interpreting(subjectively) the whole situation.

Was he?
The whole thing went through the media, and he made a claim that he can break his contract easily through the clause in his contract but most report indicates he would have lost that case and City themselves were afraid of that.
He only said he wanted to leave after he was forced to stay, it was basically a dig against the board.

was referring to the fact that he said he wanted tot leave as he had enough of the board. the fax was real, no?

I don't think money is the same, he was getting around 20M net here and in PSG he is getting 35M net + 50M signing bonus.

last discussion with laporta ended with messi agreeing to a 50% pay cut here. he was on ~70M net before that. so 30-35M net with the cut?

reports say that he didn't get a signing bonus at psg.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans