Joan Laporta

terryzinc

RM get 35 Million for Odegard and 40 Million for Varane and then they can buy Mbappe. Meanwhile we cannot get ANYTHING FOR ANY OF OUR PLAYERS. This is a disgrace. Varane has sucked for 2 years Odegard is terrible. We are going to give Moriba away for 15 20 million he has showed more than Odegard ever did. How can RM trick teams all the time but we cannot not trick them we cannot even get anything even under priced for our players. FCB is done man this is going to take a decade to fix. Laporta and whoever he hires as manager is going to have to be long gone before we can win again. We need the guy running Dortmund and a coach who wins like Conte before we ever start being a real top 5 team again. Even Chelsea sells their garbage for several millions every time.

Morten

RM get 35 Million for Odegard and 40 Million for Varane and then they can buy Mbappe. Meanwhile we cannot get ANYTHING FOR ANY OF OUR PLAYERS. This is a disgrace. Varane has sucked for 2 years Odegard is terrible. We are going to give Moriba away for 15 20 million he has showed more than Odegard ever did. How can RM trick teams all the time but we cannot not trick them we cannot even get anything even under priced for our players. FCB is done man this is going to take a decade to fix. Laporta and whoever he hires as manager is going to have to be long gone before we can win again. We need the guy running Dortmund and a coach who wins like Conte before we ever start being a real top 5 team again. Even Chelsea sells their garbage for several millions every time.

You can, you just aren't selling players the club views as valuable.

Joan

Come on now. Varane is light years away from anything Barca has among defence oriented players. And Odegaard is a good player, been at loan at Arsenal and they could judge for themselves. On the other hand, we've got duds nobody wants which we're trying to sell. Moriba's contract runs out in a year btw.

El Gato

Villarato!
I'd assume he means De Jongs etc

RM is full of unwanted assets too. But that's what you get when you make it a point to prioritise rewarding current squad you rate so high and you don't learn to move with times in fear of being labelled as club that doesn't appreciate its winners.

jamrock

Probably the worst post I've ever seen on here & that's saying a lot.

Moriba showed more than Odegard 🤣.

terryzinc

PS Juventus sells Ronaldo for 20 million. We let Suarez and Messi walk for nothing.

PPS They are going to give Coutinho ANOTHER chance. SMH. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.

MTL_Barca

PPS They are going to give Coutinho ANOTHER chance. SMH. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result.

Well it's not exactly our choice is it :lol: Nobody will buy him. He's not even ready to play right now, was injured forever, underperformed hard, earns a fortune. Same "qualities" as our other beloved bums we can't get rid of.

It will take some time to sort all of this out. Umtiti, Coutinho, Braithwaite, Pjanic, Lenglet...non of them are useful. Griezmann hugely underperforming for his salary. Dembele the same and always injured. Busquets and Pique near the end of their careers, Alba will be next once he drops speed.

That's half the squad already :lol: And there are still Sergi, Dest, Puig, Emerson etc who likely won't be starter material for the foreseeable future. And most of them probably won't earn us a lot of money as well.

Ansu, Memphis, Frenkie, Pedri, Araujo...that's solid and the B team has some promising players as well but the whole thing will take it's time unless we can somehow strike gold with a coach like we did with Pep.

khaled_a_d

PS Juventus sells Ronaldo for 20 million. We let Suarez and Messi walk for nothing.

Laporta didn't sell Suarez.
And CR7 is on a whole different level than Coutinho

Raketa10

To be fair his first 6 months are on Barto level of disaster. He signed Aguero, lost Messi. Couldn't renew Moriba and failed to offload ANY deadweight except Firpo. Literally anyone could do what he has done so far. The only good thing this board did was Depay signing which was Koeman's idea in the first place. In addition to that Depay signing was basically agreed before Laporta took over.

I am perfectly aware that we are in a horrible financial situation but this guy broke every single promise he made in December. Furthermore it looks like he was completely unaware of the financial situation. He was deceived like a child by Tebas and probably Perez who claimed they are equally broke but are now offering 180mil for Mbappe. I hope he improves but his first 6 months were beyond awful.

Some of you will say that that his hands are tied by club's financial situation but why the fuck did he run in the first place if there is nothing he can do? IMHO he took the easiest path there is and was waiting for the miracle that never came. I hope I am wrong but if he continues like this we are in for another vote of no confidence in the next year or two.

Last edited:

akaranzo

To be fair his first 6 months are on Barto level of disaster. He signed Aguero, lost Messi. Couldn't renew Moriba and failed to offload ANY deadweight except Firpo. Literally anyone could do what he has done so far. The only good thing this board did was Depay signing which was Koeman's idea in the first place. In addition to that Depay signing was basically agreed before Laporta took over.

I am perfectly aware we are in a horrible financial situation but this guy broke every single promise he made in December. He was also deceived by Tebas and probably Perez who claimed they are equally broke but are now offering 180mil for Mbappe. I hope he improves but his first 6 months were beyond awful.

I don't agree at all. He got Pique to lower his wages drastically (and soon the other senior players too most likely), made a great few signings in Depay, Garcia (I know it's the meta to hate on him rn, but I believe he'll be very good for us long-term) and Emerson. He didn't cave in to Moriba's ridiculous demands and we'll hopefully get some money for him.

Sure, he lost Messi but at least he didn't keep him hostage like Bartomeu did, which was 100x more embarrassing for the club. Laporta also got the vital loan for us and stood up against the awful television deal Tebas is trying to push. Imo he's done well considering our situation and it could be a LOT worse. Also everyone knew Madrid had money but they were saving it exclusively for Mbappe, that was no secret to even people online nevermind Laporta lol.

Raketa10

I don't agree at all. He got Pique to lower his wages drastically (and soon the other senior players too most likely), made a great few signings in Depay, Garcia (I know it's the meta to hate on him rn, but I believe he'll be very good for us long-term) and Emerson. He didn't cave in to Moriba's ridiculous demands and we'll hopefully get some money for him.

Sure, he lost Messi but at least he didn't keep him hostage like Bartomeu did, which was 100x more embarrassing for the club. Laporta also got the vital loan for us and stood up against the awful television deal Tebas is trying to push. Imo he's done well considering our situation and it could be a LOT worse. Also everyone knew Madrid had money but they were saving it exclusively for Mbappe, that was no secret to even people online nevermind Laporta lol.

Garcia, Emerson and Depay are not his signings. Garcia wanted to come back long before Laporta won the elections. In addition to that, we were working on Depay's signing from the last summer and we had a buy option on Emerson. Claiming that Laporta is responsible for these signing is ridiculous. His board is only responsible for the signing of Aguero and that move was dumb as fuck.

Lowering our highest wages could be his first good move but this is still far from finished. Only Pique agreed so far and as far as I know talks with Griezmann and Coutinho are yet to start.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Garcia, Emerson and Depay are not his signings. Garcia wanted to come back long before Laporta won the elections.

Depay and Garcia both signed for less than initially agreed.
A quick reminder that the other two candidates wanted us to give Eric more salary and agree a 3+7M deal with City in January.
Safe to say that who was the smarter with money among all 3.

jamrock

I am perfectly aware that we are in a horrible financial situation but this guy broke every single promise he made in December. Furthermore it looks like he was completely unaware of the financial situation. He was deceived like a child by Tebas and probably Perez who claimed they are equally broke but are now offering 180mil for Mbappe. I hope he improves but his first 6 months were beyond awful.

Some of you will say that that his hands are tied by club's financial situation but why the fuck did he run in the first place if there is nothing he can do? IMHO he took the easiest path there is and was waiting for the miracle that never came. I hope I am wrong but if he continues like this we are in for another vote of no confidence in the next year or two.

"Some of you will say that that his hands are tied by club's financial situation"

All you needed to say, answered your own question here.

Bartomeu's level of disaster Jesus.

Raketa10

"Some of you will say that that his hands are tied by club's financial situation"

All you needed to say, answered your own question here.

Bartomeu's level of disaster Jesus.

Tell me what he did and any other half decent CEO couldn't? Pique salary reduction (that enabled registration of Depay and Garcia) is Pique's contribution to the club and he alone decided to do that. We shouldn't praise Laporta for that.

Can anyone justify signing of Aguero and spending additional 6 mil salary on this finished player? How many deadweight did they manage to offload? None! They even added one! At first he also wanted Koeman out and two weeks later he changed the story. If we are taking about consistency he showed none.

I am not his hater and I hope he will accomplish much better things in the future but his first 6 months were absolutely horrible. At the moment it looks like he is completely lost.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans