Joan Laporta

vegitot

He's doing a gods work. I dont understand why are people bashing him that much for having no plan or whatsoever, barto and co ruined this club to the ground, we are at the verge of bankruptcy and guy really didnt have a clue like we didnt know in what a mess club actually is.
We still have couple of great players that have potential to become world class instantly with couple of right signings in near future. Clean the closet first, trust the process and accept that we are not a tier 1 side in europe anymore. 20 years ago we were knocked out of cl semifinal against valencia, Valencia! Next thing you know puyol is lifting a cl throphy. Point is, in that era we were able to transform in couple of years, in this era is much easier with right people in the right place in the right time. Laporta is a gambler, but not with the club. Whoever comes after laporta would have a 'clean' page to build on.

This HAS to be done, and i cant wait for january to see how many of spoiled fuckers we would get rid of. Turbulent but exciting times dawgs

Same Valencia that reached two consecutive UCL finals??? Won 2 Liga in span of 3 years???

wisconsincule

If I were him I would continue to sign free transfers and invest in young talent. If he can continue to lower the wage bill and our revenue returns to 75% of what it was pre covid we can get out of the hole in a few years.

We are going to be mediocre during that time but it is what it is. We are preparing for the next cycle.

This means we will most likely miss on Haaland but will be in position in a few years to compete for the next star.

I’m indifferent on Koeman. We need some sort of continuity and right now we aren’t appealing to a true world class manager so might as well just keep him. Not like we are competing for Liga/Champions League anyways.

kattanib

Decent? :lol:

It's brilliant by Laporta so far. The only flaw is his somewhat lackluster communication part, and this is actually very aguable. I'm not sure the Barca fanbase is intelligent and mature enough to face the truth flat out. They need sugarcoating.

If Laporta is overtly open and sincere, the same people would go at his jugular for not trying enough. Spare me. Laporta understood that the fanbase can't reasonably deal with the things that have to be done, and he tried to ease them in. Make them seem less of a decision as an act of fate. He succeeded at this, and if he really masterminded the whole thing, the man is a genius strategist.

I don't think he's a schemer though. I think he loves the club, is an intelligent person and has the guts to take unpleasant decisions in the short term for the benefit of the club. That Bartomeu clown... I really think he's an impostor that doesn't really care much about the club.

The global fanbase of Barca was born from the elite era of Ronaldinho's Barca, built upon and even extended by the best team ever, Pep's Barca. I'm taking with a grain of salt the ability of this fanbase to recognize when an era has ended.

In fewer words, Messi had to go. The team had the last ball in that EV season when we could have won big. Poetically, the flaws prevailed (team flaws and manager flaws as well) and the season ended in dismay.

Word

serghei

If I were him I would continue to sign free transfers and invest in young talent. If he can continue to lower the wage bill and our revenue returns to 75% of what it was pre covid we can get out of the hole in a few years.

We are going to be mediocre during that time but it is what it is. We are preparing for the next cycle.

This means we will most likely miss on Haaland but will be in position in a few years to compete for the next star.

I?m indifferent on Koeman. We need some sort of continuity and right now we aren?t appealing to a true world class manager so might as well just keep him. Not like we are competing for Liga/Champions League anyways.

You can't just keep Koeman, because you lose time, time in which you can develop these youngsters to play the modern stuff they should be playing. It's actually the perfect time to bring in a long-term manager and give him 1-2 seasons of low pressure to get the foundation going in the right direction.

JamDav1982

Koeman has developed plenty of players in his career.

Van Dijk, Lukaku loved him. Mane credits him with huge part of development. Pedri went from nowhere to team of tournament at Euros a year later. Mingueza was deemed not good enough for B team eleven and took him to first team.

Just lazy to make out he is some coach from a bygone era that doesnt develop players. He has a good track record of it before Barca and did it last season.

Kul_z

Same Valencia that reached two consecutive UCL finals??? Won 2 Liga in span of 3 years???

That valencia, yes. Whats your point? That in galactico era valencia took two liga's and we werent competitive team at all? Thank you for justifying my narrative.

fergus90

I?d actually argue one of Koeman?s strong points is his development of younger players. It?s the tactical side of things, line up choices and general in game management where he falls short for me.

kattanib

I?d actually argue one of Koeman?s strong points is his development of younger players. It?s the tactical side of things, line up choices and general in game management where he falls short for me.

Barca will sign a superstar next season and his contract well have ended by then. You have guessed it correctly, Pep Guardiola

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lukaku was developed under Koeman? Wow, revisionism at it's finest - Jam talking nonsense for years

No one has been developed under Koeman

serghei

Sorry, but these two are so intertwined that you can't separate them. An average coach with tactics can't properly develop young players unless you think giving them time is all it is for a player to reach full fruition.

We're just losing valuable time with him. This is a period where we can make big steps forward with the younger core, taking advantage that the club and the fans are not putting them under huge pressure. The objective is easily reachable and they could have time to develop, if they had someone who could actually integrate them properly into a tactical plan.

To this day nobody has any idea what Koeman's style is. He paraded over so many changes, that I bet even he doesn't know what he wants from this team. He's like an artist that does cover songs 99% of the time because he can't write his own music.

We need so much better than Koeman if we are to get back and compete with the best it's not even funny. If Laporta fucks up in this area by not letting him go, or brings in another manager of his ilk, his project, and his best decisions will be worth shit.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Sorry, but these two are so intertwined that you can't separate them. An average coach with tactics can't properly develop young players unless you think giving them time is all it is for a player to reach full fruition.

We're just losing valuable time with him.

He has developed young players. In his past and already at Barca.

Will trust word of Lukaku/VVD on that one.

JamDav1982

Lukaku was developed under Koeman? Wow, revisionism at it's finest - Jam talking nonsense for years

No one has been developed under Koeman

You speaking shite as normal.

There is an interview of Lukaku praising Koeman and how much helped him grow as a player. Same with VVD.

I suppose Pedri development from 16 year old at Barca to team of tournament at Euros is just 'time'.

Same as always.. if dont want to give coaches credit it is all about natural progression that would have happened anyway.

The vast, vast majority of young players do not come through the very elite of coaches. It is a nonsensical point. They develop under a variety of conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_SiRZiFdB0&t=607s

Last edited:

serghei

He has developed young players. In his past and already at Barca.

Will trust word of Lukaku/VVD on that one.

If you think a manager with an average tactical application on the game can really develop players to the level required at Barca, you're clueless. If you think Koeman is top in the tactical area, you're just as clueless.

There's no real progress with someone who can't give proper indications to these players. Simple as. They will get game time, sure, but that is the bare minimum.

Home of Barca Fans