Joan Laporta

fergus90

I'd be delighted with Ten Hag personally. His Ajax tenure has been very impressive, especially since the core of his 18/19 basically got sold off and he's managed to keep them playing nice football.

Learnt from Pep at Bayern too, ticks every box for me.

Devils

The fact that jHOEn Laportameu doesn't have Brendan Tiki Taka Rodgers on his list, shows really how out of touch he is with modern day football.

fergus90

Rodgers is coming under pressure for the first time since he took over Leicester as they don't look good at all this season so far, could be worth monitoring his situation.

FinBarcelonafan

I'd be delighted with Ten Hag personally. His Ajax tenure has been very impressive, especially since the core of his 18/19 basically got sold off and he's managed to keep them playing nice football.

Learnt from Pep at Bayern too, ticks every box for me.

True. He seems good gamble to me. He might be able to builld some system playere could follow. Finally.

El Gato

Villarato!
Rodgers is coming under pressure for the first time since he took over Leicester as they don't look good at all this season so far, could be worth monitoring his situation.

Is he? Maybe. But doubt Barca will look at him next summer or anytime soon anyway. Nor will he want to leave Leicester in a state, nor will they want to get rid cuz can't get an improvement on him

Starting CB Fofana injured
Starting RB Justin injured
At least two rotation CMs injured

Maddison almost sold to Arsenal and hasn't played well

They had a few tough games and poor results + shouldn't be losing in Europa League to Legia with Napoli and Spartak also in group, but don't think job is under threat really

Raketa10

Laporta clearly has no idea what to do. Only thing he is doing right now is waiting for a fucking miracle to happen. A disasterclas of a presidency so far. Can't believe he just publicly supported that idiot Koeman.

His presidency so far can be summed up in two words, lies and improvisation.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

:lol: Ten Hag is another bet, except he has more experience, albeit not at a club anywhere near Barca's ambitions. You'd say Ten Hag is some Klopp when you hear these dudes talk.

All names being mentioned are bets. To get someone with enough pedigree (style-wise aside, speaking only about managerial status), you'd have to start at Antonio Conte and go up from there.

Conte is a league coach whose CL track record is awful to say at least. He is very demanding from his board and I am not saying it in a good way, he treats board like he is their boss not the opposite.
He plays very un-barca way, which depending on how you see the squad could be perceived as good thing.
I am not sure he is really ideal candidate for us, or a potential disaster one

Ten Haag is a bet? I mean the same can be said about anyone really. There are only 3-5 managers right now that people consider a sure thing, Pep who is retiring from coaching clubs in 2023, Klopp whom we have a 1% chance of getting anyway, Flick who just landed his dream job of coaching NT (and likely will stay there for next decade) and Tuchel who will probably move out of the list once he finishes this season without CL/EPL title and Zidane.

Everyone else is a risk and you are betting on them being the right coach, whether it is the fresh graduate (like Xavi) the experienced employees looking for promotions (Ten Haad,Gallardo or Martinez) or coaches looking for resurgence (Pirlo)
Every day one of those are the favorite, and you have to question whether the media are informed or just taking shots and hoping one will prove right?
If we assume the latest rumour is true and we are waiting for Ten Haag, there is one sure positive thing from it: We are waiting for the summer to get a better coach.
You never knows what happens in football, but in summer Conte is most likely available, along Ten Haag and Gallardo, but potentially a surprising coach too. Maybe Tuchel will be fired from Chelsea (since they are Chelsea) or Klopp will decide that 7 years are enough.

kattanib

Laporta *clearly* has no idea what to do. *Only thing he is doing right now is waiting* for a fucking miracle to happen. A disasterclas of a presidency so far. *Can't believe he just publicly supported that idiot Koeman.*

His presidency so far can be summed up in two words, lies and improvisation.

What a unique way to look at things, its like looking a plastic water bottle and saying it should be a large metal square instead. I am inspired.

Someone who has no idea what to do either does nothing and does random things, neither describes Laporta.

Not panicking and actually supporting your team members as long as they are part of your team is actually a sign of good leadership. Only horrible bosses bad mouth their team members

khaled_a_d

One thing for sure, if the decision is made to keep Koeman, it is the right move to finally give him support publicly

ajnotkeith

What a unique way to look at things, its like looking a plastic water bottle and saying it should be a large metal square instead. I am inspired.

Someone who has no idea what to do either does nothing and does random things, neither describes Laporta.

Not panicking and actually supporting your team members as long as they are part of your team is actually a sign of good leadership. Only horrible bosses bad mouth their team members

Where do you think media talk comes from? How about Laporta telling journos Koeman had to play Puig to get a renewal?

These reports and stories often come out of Laporta's mouth and in that Puig case was confirmed to be so. All this media speculation and bs about Koeman's position is coming from Laporta and his team, a week later he turns around and acts like he is 100% behind Koeman. Pretty confusing.

serghei

Conte is a league coach whose CL track record is awful to say at least. He is very demanding from his board and I am not saying it in a good way, he treats board like he is their boss not the opposite.
He plays very un-barca way, which depending on how you see the squad could be perceived as good thing.
I am not sure he is really ideal candidate for us, or a potential disaster one

Ten Haag is a bet? I mean the same can be said about anyone really. There are only 3-5 managers right now that people consider a sure thing, Pep who is retiring from coaching clubs in 2023, Klopp whom we have a 1% chance of getting anyway, Flick who just landed his dream job of coaching NT (and likely will stay there for next decade) and Tuchel who will probably move out of the list once he finishes this season without CL/EPL title and Zidane.

Everyone else is a risk and you are betting on them being the right coach, whether it is the fresh graduate (like Xavi) the experienced employees looking for promotions (Ten Haad,Gallardo or Martinez) or coaches looking for resurgence (Pirlo)
Every day one of those are the favorite, and you have to question whether the media are informed or just taking shots and hoping one will prove right?
If we assume the latest rumour is true and we are waiting for Ten Haag, there is one sure positive thing from it: We are waiting for the summer to get a better coach.
You never knows what happens in football, but in summer Conte is most likely available, along Ten Haag and Gallardo, but potentially a surprising coach too. Maybe Tuchel will be fired from Chelsea (since they are Chelsea) or Klopp will decide that 7 years are enough.

Exactly my point. Ten Haag is not much more of a sure thing than someone like Xavi, or Pimienta. Yes, he has more experience, but not at a club like Barca. A downside is that he doesn't know the club, and the last 2 successful managers, Guardiola, and Lucho, both knew the club very well.

Don't have a problem waiting for the summer.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans