Joan Laporta

FinBarcelonafan

A question for Mr. Laporta.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAN TO SIGN ANYONE NEXT SUMMER IF WE DON'T QUALIFY FOR THE CL?

Fucking clowns...

This is a true concern.

Although United was still able to sign Pogba for example, when they missed CL I think.

As long as coaches see a good opportunity, some of them will bite. Right now they see a mess, no way out etc. We need to show some positive signs.

Jakabor

Font should have won.

This politician could not keep Messi, and he now refuses to at least fix one of the problems in the club - Koeman.

ajnotkeith

- We don't have money for transfer fees
- We have a bad squad
- We will probably play Europa League next season
- We can't pay high wages

Why would any top player come here? Forget Haaland, we won't convince Franck Kessie.

Realistically no world-class reinforcements will come for at least 2 years.

kattanib

- We have a bad squad

Why would any top player come here? Forget Haaland, we won't convince Franck Kessie.

Why? Because its a golden opportunity to write history. Ffs Depay is the hero of football club Barcelona

akaranzo

- We have a bad squad

- We'll have a pretty decent transfer budget next summer actually
- We have a lot of young talents, just need reinforcements to replace the old guard
- Yeah it's possible
- Not crazy wages, true but we can pay the same as many other big clubs. Our old wages were just absolutely ridiculous, higher than any other club.

A lot of players would want to come here. We're one of the biggest clubs in the world and every person involved with football knows that it's just a matter of time until we're back competing at the top. This is the perfect opportunity for a lot of players to come in, become key players at a historically huge club and lead the resurgence of Barca.

Barcilliant

- We'll have a pretty decent transfer budget next summer actually
- We have a lot of young talents, just need reinforcements to replace the old guard
- Yeah it's possible
- Not crazy wages, true but we can pay the same as many other big clubs. Our old wages were just absolutely ridiculous, higher than any other club.

A lot of players would want to come here. We're one of the biggest clubs in the world and every person involved with football knows that it's just a matter of time until we're back competing at the top. This is the perfect opportunity for a lot of players to come in, become key players at a historically huge club and lead the resurgence of Barca.

In theory. Reality is different though. Nowadays even good players want huge wages and teams like City and Psg dominate the market. Back in the day we managed to sign a star like Ronaldinho for a decent fee. Times have changed.

Barcilliant

At the moment it's chaos at the club. Everything seems to be crap. Board, manager, squad even support staff.
The club is stuck in the past. They need to employ outsiders to have a hard look and figure out what needs to be fixed. Going back to ex players and Barca DNA is not the answer.

ajnotkeith

Our salary cap is only 93m. So we'll need to make much further cuts to get to the point where we can make any acquisitions for next season.

akaranzo

Our salary cap is only 93m. So we'll need to make much further cuts to get to the point where we can make any acquisitions for next season.

I'm pretty sure that's what it was for this season, based on the past year's revenue. Now that fans are back in stadiums and covid restrictions are loosening, the revenue is going to be higher, which means the salary cap will be higher too.

akaranzo

In theory. Reality is different though. Nowadays even good players want huge wages and teams like City and Psg dominate the market. Back in the day we managed to sign a star like Ronaldinho for a decent fee. Times have changed.

Depends on the player. I do think us going after someone like Haaland is a bit unrealistic yes, considering we would be competing with City and PSG (+ every other huge club). But there are plenty of players that aren't hunted by every single big club. We would have signed at least one of Bernardo Silva and Laporte this summer if we had money. So maybe next summer another opportunity will arise for someone like that.

Leo_Messi

It is painfully obvious that Laporta was dealt a losing hand for the ages but the level of improvisation so far during his current tenure is simply too high. In particular the entire handling of Koeman?s future. The current unsustainable situation could and should have been avoided and resolved after the devastating and unforgiveable manner in which last season ended. Throughout the period since the boards discontent and disagreements with Koeman have been a constant. ?Projecto Koeman? was one of the many brilliant gifts of Bartomeu and Laporta would never have appointed Koeman himself however I am baffled by Laporta?s bizarre turnaround in regards to Koeman. It is as if Laporta is of the belief that Koeman and the current squad are able to replicate what occured during the 2003-04 season, in particular the second part of that season. I don?t see that happening at all but I hope to be proven wrong. The current entorno of the club is toxic to put it mildly but not everything is bleak so there will be light at the end of the tunnel eventually in the immediate future. Preferably without Koeman at the helm.

khaled_a_d

It is painfully obvious that Laporta was dealt a losing hand for the ages but the level of improvisation so far during his current tenure is simply too high. In particular the entire handling of Koeman?s future. The current unsustainable situation could and should have been avoided and resolved after the devastating and unforgiveable manner in which last season ended. Throughout the period since the boards discontent and disagreements with Koeman have been a constant. ?Projecto Koeman? was one of the many brilliant gifts of Bartomeu and Laporta would never have appointed Koeman himself however I am baffled by Laporta?s bizarre turnaround in regards to Koeman. It is as if Laporta is of the belief that Koeman and the current squad are able to replicate what occured during the 2003-04 season, in particular the second part of that season. I don?t see that happening at all but I hope to be proven wrong. The current entorno of the club is toxic to put it mildly but not everything is bleak so there will be light at the end of the tunnel eventually in the immediate future. Preferably without Koeman at the helm.

Well, with rumours about coaches being part of salary cap, can you blame him? Imagine a coach waiting for his players waiting to take paycut in order to be registered to be on the bench.
La Liga rules are just insane

It is for current season, if we end the financial year with no loss then we get our 70% back and should be able to get 400-500M salary cap (that includes the transfers btw)

Leo_Messi

Well, with rumours about coaches being part of salary cap, can you blame him? Imagine a coach waiting for his players waiting to take paycut in order to be registered to be on the bench.
La Liga rules are just insane

The current La Liga rules are an own goal in many ways however I don’t believe that they are preventing the board from sacking Koeman. Less than 24 hours ago every source was reporting Koeman’s immediate sacking. This has most likely more to do with the lack of consensus within the board in regards to the replacement. In any case I feel that my criticism is valid.
Don’t get me wrong, I hold Laporta in high esteem for what he has done for the club and I also voted for him once again this year but I cannot deny that he has handled a few issues rather poorly so far, among them insisting on Koeman when the board should have ideally parted ways with him in the summer. Potentially a huge mistake that might cost us a top 4 position in the worst case scenario if the recent unacceptable results continue. Let alone a CL group stage exit. We can’t really afford to continue to devaluate the reputation of the club as this will end up having sporting and financial repercussions that might take years to repair as recently seen during the dark Gaspart years (2000-2003).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans