Joan Laporta

serghei

I don't know if one can extrapolate Bartomeu's disastrous fumbles and bumblings and shenanigans to everything under his rein, I don't think that is fair or prudent as he has done some good things and has had some successes, but the ARA article mentions a few things that is quite worrisome, which sort of fits Laporta's track record as a politician and as the president of this club. I just hope he know what he is doing.

I don't know about Bartomeu. I just don't trust him. And the new stadium is too big of a project to get wrong or gamble with.

Windhook

Why did Reverter step down from board? Heard it is as a result of Spotify deal? Why?

Few scenarios:

1) Made that decision a while ago, with no relation to Spotify

2) Had personal business interests in signing a sponsorship with the other candidates

3) Joe Rogan

Anyway, people here react to a resignation like it's Leo Messi leaving the club. Few people, if none, here know what work Reverter did in the last year.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why did Reverter step down from board? Heard it is as a result of Spotify deal? Why?

A few things have been reported as the causes of his departure, in a nutshell they are

- Differences over visions, strategies and how the club should be run, management models and staffing, hiring etc.
- Spotify (allegedly Reverter wasn't happy with including the title rights of the Camp Nou in the deal)

The Spotify deal is just the last stroke that blew up the whole thing I think, the alleged differences over many things are the real reasons, I think.

behindbrowneyes

Well, we know already from his first presidency that Laporta and his board like to be involved in the daily business. If you got a strong CEO like Reverter, he'll be annoyed by that sooner than later.

That was something Font heavily thematised in his campaign: he wanted to be a president and not getting involved much in the daily business, because he wanted to leave that for the experts (CEO, CFO ...) which I always agreed with tbh.

Laporta is too strong of a personality to let the CEO making important decisions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The worrisome trend is that many business executives have resigned since Laporta took over due to differences over the visions, strategies or whatever you call it. It has become a trend. If we are losing good business people with industry knowledge and expertise and replace them with some Laporta and Yuste loyalists and personal favorites, then we are really screwed.

Reverter is the latest example of this ongoing trend, that's why this is not good at all. To me this string of events (of business people resigning and leaving, not just some board members) is bigger than Messi leaving as it is more indicative of what's coming for this club.

khaled_a_d

Many theories, most have already been said.
Another one is that he already got a better offer in Barcelona as CEO of a drug company that headquarters in Barcelona.
Basically a chance to move up while staying beside family

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To be honest board members resigning during Laporta's first stint wasn't exactly unheard of.

Not worried about board members resigning as it usually has more to do with inner politics and power struggle but business executives resigning in droves is a very bad sign, in my opinion.

fergus90

Not worried about board members resigning as it usually has more to do with inner politics and power struggle but business executives resigning in droves is a very bad sign, in my opinion.

Understood but I can imagine his strong personality gets in the way. It’s happened in the past and a part of him that will probably never change.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Understood but I can imagine his strong personality gets in the way. It’s happened in the past and a part of him that will probably never change.

Yeah I know, I just think at this particular critical time of ours when we badly need to get out of this huge hole, we can do without Laporta's hinderance and let the experts do their job.

Messigician

"The leaks that Laporta lied about not being able to keep Messi due to finances is the reason for why Reverter has resigned. The club decided he will be the fall guy and take the public fallout for the decision. "
@ AndresMartinez

"It is believed that Bartomeu is responsible for the leaks"

Home of Barca Fans