Joan Laporta

JamDav1982

It's probable that Laporta was ok with more than one scenario. What he wasn't ok with in the end was CVC Deal. That was off, so the way to register Messi was to pressure La Liga. I think Laporta was fine with Messi on 50% cut salary + no CVC.

But he was also fine with no Messi as long as it doesn't backfire on him. It leads to a cleaner more consistent rebuild, with a lot of money saved in terms of wages.

I agree he was fine with him on 50m a season to point was trying to pay him 50m a season when would not even ne there to play so in reality much higher than that.

No option but to be fine with Messi leaving. What else can he do? Take CVC or quit?

His idea was not Messi to leave for a rebuild.

JamDav1982

of course signing auba has relevance as it clearly implies we needed a top striker upfront. if aguero didn't have heart issues we wouldn't have went in the market for another striker.

No relevance to Aguero who was never a top striker when signed and completely different player.

Can say LDJ was replacement for Aguero if want to go back that far and likes of Auba all about improving squad with pace and options not about filling some needed gap from Aguero.

Were in market for another striker after Aguero even signed and club would have been looking to improve further regardless.

Can agree to disagree on Aguero as been over it many a time.

But this idea Laporta handled Messi leaving in smooth way as if all went to plan is absolute nonsense.

Last edited:

malvolio

No relevance to Aguero who was never a top striker when signed and completely different player.

Can say LDJ was replacement for Aguero if want to go back that far and likes of Auba all about improving squad with pace and options not about filling some needed gap from Aguero.

Were in market for another striker after Aguero even signed and club would have been looking to improve further regardless.

Can agree to disagree on Aguero as been over it many a time.

But this idea Laporta handled Messi leaving in smooth way as if all went to plan is absolute nonsense.

aguero was brought in as first strike option(only pure striker we had at the time). we latter got LDJ on loan for a quick fix because aguero got injured in august.

board brought auba in as they've figured out by december where they stand with aguero and LDJ being a shit footballer.

but you do you jammie, 'pace and options' or whatever the fuck.

JamDav1982

aguero was brought in as first strike option. we latter got LDJ on loan for a quick fix because aguero got injured in august.

board brought auba in as they've figured out by december where they stand with aguero and LDJ being a shit footballer.

but you do you jammie, 'pace and options' or whatever the fuck.

Nah dont agree.

Aguero as a player made no sense and it was down to in large part trying to keep Messi happy.

You only back signing as get emotional any time you think anyone remotely negative about Messi or his influence on club.

Yes I will do me. You do you and keep thinking Laporta handled Messi leaving in 'smooth' way.

malvolio

Nah dont agree.

Aguero as a player made no sense and it was down to in large part trying to keep Messi happy.

You only back signing as get emotional any time you think anyone remotely negative about Messi or his influence on club.

Yes I will do me. You do you and keep thinking Laporta handled Messi leaving in 'smooth' way.

i didn't say anything about how laporta handled the messi departure. what do you mean by 'smooth'? as in laporta lied to messi/fans in order to get his way?

i backed the signing mostly because there was no free option on the market. and board also took advantage of the aguero-messi connection when negotiating with aguero.

no doubt the friendship weighed in on the transfer, but not in the way you portrait it. like in laporta brought in aguero in order to keep messi.

JamDav1982

i didn't say anything about how laporta handled the messi departure. what do you mean by 'smooth'? as in laporta lied to messi/fans in order to get his way?

i backed the signing mostly because there was no free option on the market. and board also took advantage of the aguero-messi connection when negotiating with aguero.

no doubt the friendship weighed in on the transfer, but not in the way you portrait it. like in laporta brought in aguero in order to keep messi.

You said it was your thoughts when someone else claimed it.

As said agree to disagree on Aguero. Will never come to conclusion on that one.

Dont agree Laporta always planned to get rid of Messi. He wanted to keep him and on a huge contract.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to 2Playbook, Reverter resigned because of differences with Laporta on a slew of issues, from positions and hirings within the organization to strategies and business decisions to who has the power to do what etc. Apparently Laporta keeps hiring people that he and the VP Yuste had personal connections with, which clashed with Reverter's core business group based on merits and expertise (rather than connections and nepotism). Also Revert might not have seen eye to eye with Laporta on issues like the ESL, CVC etc. The Spotify deal was allegedly not run through him, probably the last straw that brought down the camel. Reverter is currently in the US trying to secure funding for the Espai Barca project, this is such a huge blow.

The immediate task is to find the money to start the Espai Barca project in the summer, and we need to fill this crucial position. Who is going to lead us in this historical recovery? Honestly I don't trust Laporta's people.

https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/fe...por-discrepancias-con-directiva_6824_102.html

khaled_a_d

According to 2Playbook, Reverter resigned because of differences with Laporta on a slew of issues, from positions and hirings within the organization to strategies and business decisions to who has the power to do what etc. Apparently Laporta keeps hiring people that he and the VP Yuste had personal connections with, which clashed with Reverter's core business group based on merits and expertise (rather than connections and nepotism). Also Revert might not have seen eye to eye with Laporta on issues like the ESL, CVC etc. The Spotify deal was allegedly not run through him, probably the last straw that brought down the camel. Reverter is currently in the US trying to secure funding for the Espai Barca project, this is such a huge blow.

The immediate task is to find the money to start the Espai Barca project in the summer, and we need to fill this crucial position. Who is going to lead us in this historical recovery? Honestly I don't trust Laporta's people.

https://www.2playbook.com/clubes/fe...por-discrepancias-con-directiva_6824_102.html

It seems he is going to be CEO of Grifols, a pharmaceutical company with headquarter in Barcelona.
Seems like he got a better offer near home

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm with Laporta. Going with such a huge and important project and having it thought out by Barca's undertaker Bartomeu is dumb, or at least gives me huge question marks. The guy was incompetent and who's to say this new Camp Nou project is not yet another Barto-disaster waiting to happen? So if there are worries about the project and the expertise of the team that won the project, act now and decisive. You can't joke around with that.

Barto does stadiums. Expect the construction equivalent of Coutinho and Dembele.

I don't know if one can extrapolate Bartomeu's disastrous fumbles and bumblings and shenanigans to everything under his rein, I don't think that is fair or prudent as he has done some good things and has had some successes, but the ARA article mentions a few things that is quite worrisome, which sort of fits Laporta's track record as a politician and as the president of this club. I just hope he know what he is doing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It seems he is going to be CEO of Grifols, a pharmaceutical company with headquarter in Barcelona.
Seems like he got a better offer near home

I don't blame Reverter for wanting to quit, even without all the noises and differences with Laporta etc., the job alone is already a daunting and exhausting one.

I really hope we can find a good and competent replacement, not just a stooge.

jamrock

The great Joan Laporta, player chess while others playing checkers.

He'll have Perez running away again in a few years.

Bartomeu & is Galatico policies ruined us, but even when thrown curve balls, the man will keep on winning.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta needs to trust the real business people he hired and gives them the full power to run things while making sure his personal hirings won't impede the professionals.

Otherwise we will become a family and friends club of his and we will sink further.

Home of Barca Fans