Joan Laporta

JamDav1982

Could be something like....

Investing company pays 250m for 49% of BLM for 6 years.. in that six years they take the 'profit' each season capped at say 35m so would have taken back 210m.

After that 6 years Barca have the option to buy back the 49% at the original 250m + inflation.

The company makes 210m over 6 years while Barca buy it back for 250m but it is worth has doubled in that time.

Win win for both sides.

Fuck knows if that is even possible but could be type of deal they are looking for maybe.

Then... sell the % of the BLM now worth 1.2 billion and pay off the tv deals.

Bobs your uncle

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
All the mumbo jumbo, so we will sell up to 25% of TV rights, with each 10% segment for no less 200m and for a duration that is less than 50 years (still unknown).

JamDav1982

All the mumbo jumbo, so we will sell up to 25% of TV rights, with each 10% segment for no less 200m and for a duration that is less than 50 years (still unknown).

No they have said wouldnt be longer than 25 years.

It can be less years if the tv contracts go above an agreed cap of what the investor can make each season.

They keep mentioning 700m is what they need so I wonder if the tv rights deal will depend on how much get for BLM.

If get 200m BLM they would look for 500m tv money and if 300m BLM then would look for 400m tv money and lower %.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No they have said wouldnt be longer than 25 years.

It can be less years if the tv contracts go above an agreed cap of what the investor can make each season.

They keep mentioning 700m is what they need so I wonder if the tv rights deal will depend on how much get for BLM.

If get 200m BLM they would look for 500m tv money and if 300m BLM then would look for 400m tv money and lower %.

I thought we needed 600m? But yeah, overall you are right, if we sell BLM for more then we could sell less TV rights.

"Rafael Fando (7825): "How much will it be charged? Will it be a one-time payment?"

Laporta: "If for 49.9% we are talking about 200 or 300 million and for 25% we are talking about 200 million for every 10%. Do not make me say the total sum because it can vary, but it is important to have your own funds in positive. And today we are at minus 600 million so these operations will have to get at least 600 million."

JamDav1982

It is 700m that is the number Laporta keeps mentioning the club are looking to receive when this is voted through.

That appears to be their target from this.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Laporta is going on and on beating the same dead horse, basically is we don't want to receive 41m less of TV money every year but we have to sell it to get us above water.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Club need really strong leadership next few years. Cannot keep handing away big salaries and sign players for big money like it's candy.

Bartomeu took risks without thinking twice. If that happens again becoming a SAD is inevitable.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why is that most of the delegate socis at the Assembly today are so old? I have hardly seen a middle-age face, let alone a young one.

They really should have opened this up to all socis to vote on.

As if 99% of them would bother turning up :lol:

JamDav1982

Definitely getting approved and thought they put across their case well.

Laporta spoke well and Romeu star of the show.

That VP of marketing should be kept in background next time. He was terrible.

jamrock

So basically the deal is shitty, we have to do it because the club is in a financial crisis.

Sounds familiar...

Let's just get it done & Start planning for the future, dragging it out too long will only cause more stress.

JamDav1982

Well yes the deal is shitty but nowhere near as bad as the CVC one that they said would never have been signed over 40/50 years.

They said that would have been damaging to the club.

Lets see if Barca now spend big on players as some said they would.

Last edited:

jamrock

Singing away 25% of your finances for 25 years, 40 years,15 years, isn't about signing a bunch of has beens 30 year olds has far too many here tried to make it out to be, to make the reasoning behind look crazy, ain't no body that stupid.

It's about weighing your options & understanding the cost of doing the best best option, and deciding from there which is best.

We were never gonna do the next best option, so had to do this.

Wether we go out now & sign X player for 80m isn't even the point of the deal, that's just one aspect, as I've said all long, it's about stabilizing the club in the short to medium term, so we can rebuild & reset long term.

Let's sign this deal, sign some players, remain competitive and make sure this never happens again.

That's how I rebuild a brand and business.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
You are fucking clueless when it comes to running a business. If you ever do run one id expect you to be going broke in no time flat. These are not good financial decisions in any world.

Home of Barca Fans