Joan Laporta

jamrock

No you backed the deal for CVC for 25% over 40 years as you thought it was the right decision as you thought it was club were going.

The 'finance guy' will in that interview is most likely the one I quoted when the club made clear how bad the 25% deal with CVC was.

Those terms were atrocious and as club have said put them in worse position.

You are the one trying to act smug when called a hell of lot of situations wrong these past few weeks.

I said we have to sell rights, we did. no better option ofc I'm right about it, I had to be, it I was on the wrong side of a debate involving these things I would stop posting here.

You said the club could afford Tchouameni FOR ANY PRICE he went for & that we had plenly of money, so if u candy poo down that road we can.

JamDav1982

I said we have to sell rights, we did. no better option ofc I'm right about it, I had to be, it I was on the wrong side of a debate involving these things I would stop posting here.

You said the club could afford Tchouameni FOR ANY PRICE he went for & that we had plenly of money, so if u candy poo down that road we can.

The deal to sell rights matters and the CVC 40 years was atrocious.

Yes I said Barca would be able to sign a Thcoumeni type deal this summer and stand by it. Absolutely.

Made same argument about Haaland and Barca will spend the type of money it would have taken to sign him. Absolutely.

Still make same claim as Barca were always selling rights this summer.

jamrock

The debate was 25% for 40 vs selling best players. No 25% for 25, was involved or said.

I was for 25% for 40, vs the alternativel.

ofc I will also be for 25% for 25.

But if we wanna go into what ifs.

Everyone who was against the 25% for 40, would also have been against the 25% for 25 if that was the first deal that was announced, in retrospect 1 makes the other look better.

But it's still a shitty deal, that you only sign under exceptional circumstances,.

everyone would have been kicking and screaming for 25% for 25 if that was the first real announced.

If anything smart from Laporta to let leak the first option, he understands how the average person's brain works, great bait and switch really lol.

But the deal is shitty, we had to sign it because the club is in a existential financial situation. Said it from the jump, they confirmed the same today....

JamDav1982

The debate was 25% for 40 vs selling best players. No 25% for 25, was involved or said.

I was for 25% for 40, vs the alternativel.

ofc I will also be for 25% for 25.

But if we wanna go into what ifs.

Everyone who was against the 25% for 40, would also have been against the 25% for 25 if that was the first deal that was announced, in retrospect 1 makes the other look better.

But it's still a shitty deal, that you only sign under exceptional circumstances,.

everyone would have been kicking and screaming for 25% for 25 if that was the first real announced.

If anything smart from Laporta to let leak the first option, he understands how the average person's brain works, great bait and switch really lol.

But the deal is shitty, we had to sign it because the club is in a existential financial situation. Said it from the jump, they confirmed the same today....

The point about selling the best players was that it was how bad the 40 years CVC was which you wanted... it wasnt my desired solution.

For me the option if the deal was that bad would be to live within the 1/3 and would go as far as selling players before agreeing to it.

Who knows what would happen if the 25 year deal was first one mentioned but it is clearly a lot better than previous one.

I said before I think they may have played along with Tebas and the CVC deal so he is in weaker positon to fight a deal on better terms and also think they may have got league to agree to better salary % but guessing as not read that anywhere other than were pushing for it.

This deal is not ideal but previous ones were fucking horrendous.

Shorter term and ability to pay back earlier etc are big improvements.

Now they have to use it wisely and compete.

jamrock

Who is gonna have plenty of money & sign away 25% of their income for even 1 year?.

Two things are diametrically opposed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The BLM deal is sort of a no-brainer, like Romeu said today, "Do you want to have 100% control of a company that generates 10m or 50% of a company that generates 1 billion? Even if we didn't have any financial problems, I'd do it". Yes we will split profits in the next how many years until we buy it back, the idea is with financial and more importantly professional expertise, BLM will grow much bigger and we will benefit from that. My only concern is if we have the buyback in 5 or 6 years like they said, how much is it going to be/cost us, will we have the money to buy it back and if we don't, do we lose the buyback forever?

The TV rights deal is bad no matter how you look at it, but they have to do it in the current circumstances to be able to do anything, I suppose. One thing nobody asked today at the Assembly is will this be like the CVC deal where clubs have to repay the money, in addition to the 10% TV rights ceded to CVC, or we don't have to repay at all, it is just a sale with upfront fee in exchange for future revenue? I am hoping it is the latter. Romeu did say several times that it is a "sale" and not debt. Also, Romeu talked about how we can compensate the loss of 41.5m of lost TV revenue every year with increases in revenue from other channels, this is more of a wishful thinking. Where is the plan?

JamDav1982

Who is gonna have plenty of money & sign away 25% of their income for even 1 year?.

Two things are diametrically opposed.

Who has said Barca would have plenty of money to buy players if had not sold rights?

The whole point being made was that Barca would have money to spend this summer when folk trying to make out likes of Haaland, Nunez and others were too expensive.

Was always going to happen.

CatalinR10

Can someone tldr me this deal ? Haven't been following in the last days.

So is this deal done ?

How much are we going to get ?

xXKonan

Can someone tldr me this deal ? Haven't been following in the last days.

So is this deal done ?

How much are we going to get ?
We'll get over 600 Million, but most of it will go to cleaning up the accounts and not getting fucked by La Liga's FFP bullshit.

xXKonan

aren't we going to use some of that for transfers ?
Probably, but while this isn't a perfect deal it does give us a chance to finally breathe and properly assess what we can do in the market.

We will still have to clear out the deadwood to raise more funds. Don't expect us to go batshit Barto crazy and blow like 90+million on a single player and give them absurdly high wages.

Home of Barca Fans