Joan Laporta

mc_lovin

Way I see it, no way Frenkie buckles and comply, why would he?

Well, he needs to play, he's too good not to. But not sure how much a wage reduction helps with that, he will have a hard time anyway with our current squad and Xavi's preferences.

Generally I think it's not unreasonable to ask Frenkie to comply with the new wage structure or leave. It's not like he has any issues getting the money elsewhere (like Umtiti etc pp).

iniestaGOAT

Man, looks like club trying to railroad and pressure a player on a high pay roll to go bye bye

Laporta wants to rebalance the books with Lewa as top earner, fair game. But in the way of his new project, here's Frenkie with his 17 mil per year from the Barto Tulipe Mania era

Way I see it, no way Frenkie buckles and comply, why would he? I'd just tell coach to call me up on the golf course if he needs me. CB, FB, MID, can do it all :) EZ!

No you wouldn't. Unless you are bale who was 30 and won everything. Frenkie is an ambitious young man he isn't going to no golf course

FinBarcelonafan

Man, looks like club trying to railroad and pressure a player on a high pay roll to go bye bye

Laporta wants to rebalance the books with Lewa as top earner, fair game. But in the way of his new project, here's Frenkie with his 17 mil per year from the Barto Tulipe Mania era

Way I see it, no way Frenkie buckles and comply, why would he? I'd just tell coach to call me up on the golf course if he needs me. CB, FB, MID, can do it all :) EZ!

Tulipe mania era haha

Klysmakabouter

Isn t it 17 mil/year because he deferred his salary? He supposedly earned like 3 mil last season. That being said, he is never going to see that money if he leaves this summer as the club is contractually obligated to pay him the deferred wages starting next season. That is exactly why he is being pushed out. It is just sleazy

Laporte being sleazy Laporte, no other way of defining it. That is why Xavi and Laporte are now both stating the ?financial situation? publicly when talking about FdJ. All the while, at the same time, signing new players on huge wages.

Also, why does Xavi keep publicly stating he rates him when Xavi is supposedly not rating him? Why was he voted player of the year 2 seasons ago if he s just straight up not good enough? More contradictions on here then in the Bible.

Last edited:

snowy

lol yeah I totally would. Obviously, can't speak for Franky 4s but if they wanna have their highest paid playa and greatest midfielder ever hehe chill on the greens, let's go! :lol:

srsly for a sec, Lapopo's only hope is to convince one of City, PSG or Bayern to take him on 1 year loan

giphy.gif
dis cat don't get phazed

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Isn t it 17 mil/year because he deferred his salary? He supposedly earned like 3 mil last season. That being said, he is never going to see that money if he leaves this summer as the club is contractually obligated to pay him the deferred wages starting next season. That is exactly why he is being pushed out. It is just sleazy

According to who? I don't think clubs can get away with not paying contractually-agreed wages (deferred or not) just by selling the player.

Klysmakabouter

According to who? I don't think clubs can get away with not paying contractually-agreed wages (deferred or not) just by selling the player.

It?s been reported that FdJ signed a new contract when the club asked him to, when there were financial troubles during the COVID lockdown. The new contract is reported to have reduced wages in the first 2 years, and compensatory higher wages in the latter. So the same wages over the total contract, but progressively higher so Barca could ?get their shit together? first. This has been reported by multiple, credible, sources.

Technically Barca would not have to pay the wages owed for next season if they choose to sell FdJ in the summer. Which is what they are trying to do. If I were FdJ I wouldn?t want to leave either, just to get payed what was previously agreed upon.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It?s been reported that FdJ signed a new contract when the club asked him to, when there were financial troubles during the COVID lockdown. With reduced wages in the first 2 years, and compensatory higher wages in the latter. Technically Barca would not have to pay the wages owed for next season if they choose to sell FdJ in the summer.

I don't really believe they could do that. If so, clubs would have designed all contract or payment schemes like this, pay less first and pay more towards the end of the contract and then save the money by selling the player. That was the deferment that started during COVID that we were talking about. Nah, I am sure that wouldn't be legal or accepted. I think should a sale happen, the player will collect all the agreed-upon salary that is due to him or her for the duration of the contract before the time of departure.

Klysmakabouter

I don't really believe they could do that. If so, clubs will design all contract or payment schemes like this, pay less first and pay more towards the end of the contract and then save the money by selling the player. Nah, I am sure that wouldn't be legal or accepted. I think should a sale happen, the player will collect all the agreed-upon salary that is due to him or her for the duration of the contract before the time of departure.

It is just a matter of signing a new contract, if you both agree to make the initial contract a void. Most players would not agree, because they indeed can just sell you when they have to pay more wage, but Frenkie did it for the club. Nothing illegal about it. I believe Pique and others have made similar agreements with the club.

Also, see his personal statement about this:

https://twitter.com/dejongfrenkie21/status/1244590787494543360?s=21&t=YILvf28EQa-q7PvQPSoWBQ

I think it is more then fair Barca is receiving hate about the way they are handling this. He helped the club, just to be screwed over.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is just a matter of signing a new contract, if you both agree to make the initial contract a void. Nothing illegal about it.

Also, see:

https://twitter.com/dejongfrenkie21/status/1244590787494543360?s=21&t=YILvf28EQa-q7PvQPSoWBQ

New contract? I didn't think all the players who deferred their wages signed a new contract. Anyways, new contract or not, the deferment does not reduce the previously agreed wages, it simply changed the payment scheme by paying less now and in the short term and more toward the later part/end of the contract. It's like if I agreed to pay you $10000 on a 4-year term, instead of paying you $2500 a year, I will pay you just $1000 for the first two years and then pay you $4000 in the last two years. If a sale takes place on year 3 and you have been here for 2 years, the wages you should have been paid would be $5000 and I have only paid you $2000 so far, I should pay you the remaining $3000 that I owe you before you leave.

That message in the tweet was for the last 3 months of the 19/20 season when lockdowns were closing down stadiums across Europe. The 70% cut mentioned was only for the last three months of the 19/20 season and temporary, not much money was saved, only around 16m if I am not mistaken. There was no new contract signed to reduce 70% of their salaries, of course not. The deferment was separate from the 70% and temporary cut mentioned in that letter.

Messigician

New contract? I didn't think all the players who deferred their wages signed a new contract. Anyways, new contract or not, the deferment does not reduce the previously agreed wages, it simply changed the payment scheme by paying less now and in the short term and more toward the later part/end of the contract. It's like if I agreed to pay you $10000 on a 4-year term, instead of paying you $2500 a year, I will pay you just $1000 for the first two years and then pay you $4000 in the last two years. If a sale takes place on year 3 and you have been here for 2 years, the wages you should have been paid would be $5000 and I have only paid you $2000 so far, I should pay you the remaining $3000 that I owe you before you leave.

That message in the tweet was for the last 3 months of the 19/20 season when lockdowns were closing down stadiums across Europe. The 70% cut mentioned was only for the last three months of the 19/20 season and temporary, not much money was saved, only around 16m if I am not mistaken. There was no new contract signed to reduce 70% of their salaries, of course not. The deferment was separate from the 70% and temporary cut mentioned in that letter.

No wrong

He didn't defer his wages he signed a new contract agreeing to be paid less now and more in the future

It doesn't mean he's owed future income if he leaves before the contract is up.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No wrong

He didn't defer his wages he signed a new contract agreeing to be paid less now and more in the future

It doesn't mean he's owed future income if he leaves before the contract is up.

When did he sign a new contract? I found what you described hard to believe. It is essentially a get-out-of-the-jail free card for clubs, should this be allowed.

Klysmakabouter

The new contract was signed with the purpose to defer his salaries or to get paid more for the duration of the contract?

It is basically the same total wage as agreed upon in the previous contract, but in the new contract it is paid over a longer timespan. Where they agreed lower wages in the first few years, higher wages are agreed in the latter. This way FdJ could help the club financially while at the same time not taking a (huge) pay cut. Hence the high wages per next season.

This is why Barca can (and want to) sell him and avoid paying the higher wages. You don t have the pay the wages of a player you sold.

I feel the reason you find it hard to believe this construction was agreed upon between club and FdJ -even tough it has been widely reported via multiple sources - is the exact same reason the club is being criticized for how they are handling the situation. It is morally reprehensible. Not illegal, though.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans