Joan Laporta

Klysmakabouter

They are so salty. Jealous.

Disappointed really. We all came to love the Barca of Cruijff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Xavi and Messi. Not this mess.

The way the club is being run right now is despicable. For example: asking players to defer their salary for a few seasons only to push them out when the salary is due. Then publicly stating there is a ?financial problematic situation? if they stay, just to force a player out while also buying new and very expensive players (while the club already has huge debts), it is just pure criminal. It is pitiful and the club as a whole should be ashamed of this.

fergus90

Disappointed really. We all came to love the Barca of Cruijff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Iniesta, Xavi and Messi. Not this mess.

The way the club is being run right now is despicable. For example: asking players to defer their salary for a few seasons only to push them out when the salary is due. Then publicly stating there is a ?financial problematic situation? if they stay, just to force a player out while also buying new and very expensive players (while the club already has huge debts), it is just pure criminal. It is pitiful and the club as a whole should be ashamed of this.

Barca is getting itself out of the mess. I get it, you're mad because you're Dutch and De Jong is the player who's constantly linked with an exit. But what many Barca fans see now is hope at being able to actually compete.

Klysmakabouter

Barca is getting itself out of the mess. I get it, you're mad because you're Dutch and De Jong is the player who's constantly linked with an exit. But what many Barca fans see now is hope at being able to actually compete.

I must confess my Dutch roots gives me bias. You got that right. On the other hand, it is not about what Laporte and the club are trying to achieve - it is the way they go about it. It is not worthy of a club with the stature of Barca. Deferring salaries to register overpayed players, publicly discussing the salary issues and the massive spending on new players while at the same time being in massive debt. You must admit, it all does look very strange.

The reactions from supporters of other clubs as mentioned here earlier are not just being salty or jealous. It is holding the club in a higher regard as they are presenting themselves right now.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

What's allegedly owed will be paid, there is no question about it. Whether Frenkie will stay here next season or not I don't know, but I am sure what he is owed will be paid. The reason why the club wants to sell him is not because they want to get away with not paying his allegedly owed wages, not at all, it is because from both a sporting and economic perspective they want better or more suitable options (rumored to be Bernado Silva, on lower wages etc.).

I agree the way Frenkie was handled by the club is not good, quite pathetic in my opinion like I said. But at the same time, the club's No.1 goal is to strength itself and become more competitive, therefore there is nothing wrong with the club getting new signings.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I must confess my Dutch roots gives me bias. You got that right. On the other hand, it is not about what Laporte and the club are trying to achieve - it is the way they go about it. It is not worthy of a club with the stature of Barca. Deferring salaries to register overpayed players, publicly discussing the salary issues and the massive spending on new players while at the same time being in massive debt. You must admit, it all does look very strange.

The reactions from supporters of other clubs as mentioned here earlier are not just being salty or jealous. It is holding the club in a higher regard as they are presenting themselves right now.

Deferring wages serves two purposes, first to lessen pressure on our cash flow and secondly to fit our wages within La Liga's salary limit. It first took place during COVID. They were not done to "register overpaid players", they were done to make sure the entire squad can be registered.

I could be wrong, I don't think the club publicly discussed salary issues, did they? Massive spending? You mean during this window? Lewandowski aside, it hasn't been "massive" really, since we badly need a quality CB and when we pursued Raphinha, we were all under the impression that Dembele was leaving. The bottom line is the club needs to invest to stay competitive. We are paying a huge price for this window, mortgaging our future, a fact that I am not proud of. But too often fans of other clubs don't care to learn what really happened and jump into conclusions as if money grows on trees and we magically circumvented every rule existed etc.

Joan

People are too dramatic about Barca mistreating Frenkie. They never went publicly against him and the smear campaign some like to talk about doesn't exist. They've been rather friendly if anything.

Frenkie is on enormous wages. We'll register players either way. And Frenkie will get paid if he stays. So what's the problem?

Besides Barca wanting your darling out, I don't see it.

iniestaGOAT

Many deferred their salaries it's not just de jong. He will get his money.

The bigger issue is this guy just isn't good enough to play for us. if he was none of the financial issues would matter.

snowy

Many deferred their salaries it's not just de jong. He will get his money.

The bigger issue is this guy just isn't good enough to play for us...

He is plenty good enough. He's the best of the mids in aerial duels and ground duels+1v1s. He's also the best at long passes along with Pedri.

The salary is the issue for the board

iniestaGOAT

He is plenty good enough. He's the best of the mids in aerial duels and ground duels+1v1s. He's also the best at long passes along with Pedri.

The salary is the issue for the board

It's been obvious seen last season xavi does not rate him. He is doing de jong a favor by playing him CB cause let's be honest he's not needed there either.

snowy

Man, looks like club trying to railroad and pressure a player on a high pay roll to go bye bye

Laporta wants to rebalance the books with Lewa as top earner, fair game. But in the way of his new project, here's Frenkie with his 17 mil per year from the Barto Tulipe Mania era

Way I see it, no way Frenkie buckles and comply, why would he? I'd just tell coach to call me up on the golf course if he needs me. CB, FB, MID, can do it all :) EZ!

Home of Barca Fans