Joan Laporta

blaugrana1987

Laporta's coach candidate Mou? I'm sure there is some truth to it, there generally is in football. The fascinating thing is how did we fall that fast that Mou is arguably good choice for Barca? How did we fall with players like Messi, Neymar, Iniesta and Suarez?

No matter of his history, what is remembered are titles and silverware and thats what Lucho won't deliver, that I'm sure of. We are in so much shit (on and of the pitch) that Mourinho doesn't even seem like a bad choice. I would certainly give one of my limbs for him to replace this brain dead idiot at our bench.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta's coach candidate Mou? I'm sure there is some truth to it, there generally is in football. The fascinating thing is how did we fall that fast that Mou is arguably good choice for Barca? How did we fall with players like Messi, Neymar, Iniesta and Suarez?

No matter of his history, what is remembered are titles and silverware and thats what Lucho won't deliver, that I'm sure of. We are in so much shit (on and of the pitch) that Mourinho doesn't even seem like a bad choice. I would certainly give one of my limbs for him to replace this brain dead idiot at our bench.

Why would Laporta bring someone his close advisor really dislike? He met with Mendes and suddenly a bunch of different Pro-Madrid outlets starts coming up with crazy rumours about Laporta wanting to bring Mou and Cristiano :lol: :lol:

khaled_a_d

Media lives on rumors and mainly on transfer rumors (specially for written media)
Fans always love to talk about what players want on their team,what possible super lineup next year and media try to give them that .Sport&MD might not be trustable but they know what they are doing with all this bullshit rumors ,they are gaining popularity ,we all here talk about how bad they are yet an international forum that keep tracking everything they write
Now we have this transfer ban,they are put on hold for 1 year,no more transfer rumors,no more barca transfer target,suddenly we are connected to Mourinho?there is nothing now for them but speculating about next president and coach .they have done both with Mou rumor

L

linetty

People believing in all the shit md and sports spreads are simply idiots...don't believe these Laporta/Mou rumours at all. Pap for blind fools as khaled already mentioned above

Doobs

The Messiah
People actually believing this bull? Laporta is a Cruyffista. You'd think people would know this by now smh

khaled_a_d

It was worse under Laporta last time until Pep came in and saved so many aspects of the club.

No,we were never that bad under Laporta,prior to him may be
we were CL,CDR semi-finalist and we were competing with RM for Liga until near the end in probably what was our worst season with injuries,our what so called fantastic four was all available for Rijkaard handful of games(If I remember correctly for around 3-4 games only all 4 was healthy) and most of the time only 2 was available that in our worst season with Laporta .back then the gap between the classico side and rest of Liga wasn't so huge too .the academy was producing Gems and Iniesta/Xavi/Puyol/VV/Messi was all on their prime .the foundation that made Pep succeed was already their

Tomchin

No,we were never that bad under Laporta,prior to him may be
we were CL,CDR semi-finalist and we were competing with RM for Liga until near the end in probably what was our worst season with injuries,our what so called fantastic four was all available for Rijkaard handful of games(If I remember correctly for around 3-4 games only all 4 was healthy) and most of the time only 2 was available that in our worst season with Laporta .back then the gap between the classico side and rest of Liga wasn't so huge too .the academy was producing Gems and Iniesta/Xavi/Puyol/VV/Messi was all on their prime .the foundation that made Pep succeed was already their
That 2007-2008 was such a nightmare, frustrating games every single weekend. We reached the CL SF then, but if I remember correctly, our path the SF was very easy (easy opponent in 1/16 and 1/8 and 1/4 finals)

F

Flavia

Laporta: “With Mendes I didn't speak about Mourinho. Everyone knows what technical profile I like.”

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
http://www.sport-english.com/en/not...has-always-been-sandro-rosells-puppet-3693253

Joan Laporta: "Josep Bartomeu has always been Sandro Rosell's puppet"

The former Barcelona president also said the socio's condifence in him is motivating him to run for a second term

He who was once Barcelona president and he who could possible be the next president, Joan Laporta, has said that the confidence of the club's socios gives him motivation to return.

"The fact that the socios of Barça have confidence in me, even though I've still not presented myself [as a candidate], motivates me to run," he said in an interview with 'L'Esportuiu'.

And while there is no date for new presidential elections yet, he's confident he has time to decide if he will run.

"If the elections are in 2016, I can take a decision at the end of 2015, or even at the beginning of 2016," Laporta continued.

"If they're earlier, I will take a decision sooner. I have experience and don't need time to make my case.

"I want a new project and no, it would not be the same as in 2003. I want a project that will return Barça to being a reference point in world football.

"I want an innovative project based on the things that made us successful in the previous stage. I feel true to the style of play, that of Cruyff, and supporting homemade talent."

On the recent rumours that he had spoke with Jorge Mendes about Jose Mourinho managing Barcelona, Laporta made it clear that was not true.

"Mourinho is a good professional and I respect him, but I didn't speak about him with Jorge Mendes," he explained.

"Everyone knows my type of manager, you only have to remember the two that we had at the club when I was in charge. My style is that of the Cruyff philosophy.

"I've not thought of names, but Cruyff, Txiki, Rijkaard and Guardiola will always be linked with Barça - directly or indirectly. They've formed part of the best Barça in history.

"Pep has the capacity to do what he wants in Barça. He's demonstrated that as manager and he has the human touch, intelligence and knowledge of the club to be president when he wants."

As for the current president, Laporta was less kind.

"[Josep Maria] Bartomeu has always been a puppet in the hands of [Sandro] Rosell and, possibly, that is still the case," he sniped.

"It would be good for Barça if the elections [for the new president] came at the end of the season."

Home of Barca Fans