Joan Laporta

DrPepper

Mourinho is the type of coach who, when he has his opponent by the balls, will throw on Mikel and think job done. Heynckes' Bayern had way more about them than any Mourinho team.

Just that Heynckes also liked throwing in Luiz Gustavo at the end. Against Juve, Barca, Chelsea, all the time he did that. Champions League is decided by the narrowest of margins, so I don't see anything wrong with that really.

Klopp hasn't slagged off our club at every opportunity he gets

I'll give you that :lol:

khaled_a_d

There is 1.5 years between now and elections,even if Laporta win it you can never know who is gonna be available at that time
This is just Media suggestions IMO

MessiDinho10

Guardiola also threw Keita on when the job was done, that's not a problem at all imo.

I would like a manager with class (very important to restore our global image) and tactical awareness who plays football based on technique, dribbling and quick passing combinations in tight spaces. That's what our football was based on in Rijkaard's era and in Pep's era and that is all I care about, beautiful football that made me fall in love with this club. Success is secondary to me, but that will come when the foundations are there/back. Sadly, such a manager will be extremely hard to find.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Guardiola also threw Keita on when the job was done, that's not a problem at all imo.

I would like a manager with class (very important to restore our global image) and tactical awareness who plays football based on technique, dribbling and quick passing combinations in tight spaces. That's what our football was based on in Rijkaard's era and in Pep's era and that is all I care about, beautiful football that made me fall in love with this club. Success is secondary to me, but that will come when the foundations are there/back. Sadly, such a manager will be extremely hard to find.

I should get my coaching badges ASAP so that I could become Barca's manager one day and use BarcaForum for tactical advice :xavi:

The class bit is already sorted out.

MessiDinho10

I should get my coaching badges ASAP so that I could become Barca's manager one day and use BarcaForum for tactical advice :xavi:

The class bit is already sorted out.

True, there are some people here with real tactical understanding of the game.

You'll never be 2008 Pep kind of class though :pep:

Kohe321

pretty sure its already there. Only way is up.

It can get much worse than this. How about not qualifying for the CL at the end of the season? Just look at ManU after Moyes... A big brand name and financial power doesn't give any guarantees when a club is managed in such a bad way that almost every big decision that gets made is catastrophic.

If things don't pick up with Lucho but continue like this and he stays this entire season, this is a very possible scenario.

Last edited:

DrPepper

Nah, not qualifying for the CL isn't happening in Spain. Who is realistically going to have more points than Barca at the end? Atletico and Real at best.

I mean, we're playing bad but not THAT bad.

Kohe321

Nah, not qualifying for the CL isn't happening in Spain. Who is realistically going to have more points than Barca at the end? Atletico and Real at best.

I mean, we're playing bad but not THAT bad.

If we keep getting owned by the likes of Celta Vigo at home, struggle in the same fashion against other smaller teams and lose to the big ones, then it could easily happen. There are other teams than Real and Atletico we need worry about. Sevilla and Valencia are both going to be fighting for a spot as well I think, together with Atletico, Real and us.

Not saying I think it's going to happen, I'm pretty sure we're going to stay top 4, but we've been playing so bad lately that if the trend continues we could easily slip down and really struggle to get back up. In fact, we were lucky not slip down to 4th last weekend. La Liga isn't a two horse race anymore when it comes to winning the league, and placing 4th has also gotten harder as a consequence of the improved quality.

We have Sevilla and Valencia as our next LL fixtures and we'll know more after those. If we were to lose both, which isn't entirely unrealistic based on our recent performances, then it could start to look ugly.

Last edited:

DrPepper

If we keep getting owned by the likes of Celta Vigo at home, struggle in the same fashion against other smaller teams and lose to the big ones, then it could easily happen. There are other teams than Real and Atletico we need worry about. Sevilla and Valencia are both going to be fighting for a spot as well I think, together with Atletico, Real and us.

Not saying I think it's going to happen, I'm pretty sure we're going to stay top 4, but we've been playing so bad lately that if the trend continues we could easily slip down and really struggle to get back up. In fact, we were lucky not slip down to 4th last weekend. La Liga isn't a two horse race anymore.

It's a three horse race for the title. Sevilla and Valencia are strong, but will they really be able to maintain their form for the whole season? Unlikely.

But let's really just see whether losing at home to the likes of Celta was just a one-off. Even with a clueless manager Barca should be able to win most of their home matches...

Kohe321

It's a three horse race for the title.

Yup I added some text to clarify my point about the top 4. :)

I agree it's unlikely that Sevilla and Valencia will keep following the top like this, but we can't start slipping either. Celta might've been a one-off, but I'm not too optimistic. What worries me is the absence of any signs showing that Lucho is getting the team to play better. Our win against Almeria last weekend following the Celta loss was anything but convincing, Lucho really dodged a bullet in that one. We can't keep struggling like this against weaker sides and still take a position in the top 4 for granted.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans