Joan Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pavard, Zubimendi, Neves

These guys are a bunch of clowns signing these overrated players.

As for Pavard then he does not want to play RB and was almost sent home from Qatar due to his shit attitude.

If this is how they are going to rebuild the team then I guess we are back to EL again next year.

Windhook

Agree. Barca are going nowhere signing breadcrumbs from bigger clubs.

Either our scouting is terrible or we don't have the money (or both) to get emerging talent. For instance Darwin Nunez, hard to tell how far his career develops, but such players always seem to slip out from Barca. Also from recent days some players on Argentina NT.

khaled_a_d

Pavard is ok option for CB instead of Eric, clear upgrade in that.
Good option as RB for what Xavi wants, it is just I don't agree with what Xavi wants.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't worry about Pavard. Apparently we are at 3:1 already for the winter transfer window so we can't sign anybody, rest assured.

Barcilliant

In the sporting field, we will go out and compete for everything. The priority objective is LaLiga. Clear and flat. The locker room is clear. And the truth is that we have a very young and competitive team, which we have also reinforced with players of proven experience,? he said.

?In the summer we already did the work with the economic levers and in two years we will have an even more competitive squad. What is clear is that we want to win LaLiga to show that the recovery process is going well.?

Windhook

Best coach in the world? All that fat hanging off Laporta is affecting his brain.

That felt awkward, indeed. Nobody in the world would believe those words. Not Xavi, not even Laporta himself. I understand the motivational, faith factor but that was unnecessary.

Birdy

Pavard is ok option for CB instead of Eric, clear upgrade in that.
Good option as RB for what Xavi wants, it is just I don't agree with what Xavi wants.

Nah,
Eric has a passing range ability and ability to drive with the ball that eclipses everything that Pavard can do

Don't tell me that he is taller and better on duels. We have others like Araujo Kounde and Christensen for that

As an rB, I get why Xavi wants him.
But we shouldn't. Arnau MArtinez for 15M is a prospect for the future. Why resort to high-wage toxic personality that will not get any younger?

serghei

Eric is mediocre at best. Pavard is superior by just being ok and nothing special. Pavard is easy upgrade over likes of Pique and Garcia, if his salary is kept in check.

khaled_a_d

As an rB, I get why Xavi wants him.
But we shouldn't. Arnau MArtinez for 15M is a prospect for the future. Why resort to high-wage toxic personality that will not get any younger?

Personality is legit concern, I agree.
Don't have a strong opinion on Arnau, but don't like what I see tbh.
Not a fan of this style in general, at least with a "Pavard" you could switch him to CB and get a new proper RB when new coach take over.
But don't take my word for it, as I haven't seen him enough.

kattanib

Agree. Barca are going nowhere signing breadcrumbs from bigger clubs.

Either our scouting is terrible or we don't have the money (or both) to get emerging talent. For instance Darwin Nunez, hard to tell how far his career develops, but such players always seem to slip out from Barca. Also from recent days some players on Argentina NT.

Paella is an amazing dish

FinBarcelonafan

Good quote imo:

Laporta to Xavi in the documentary: "I can't guarantee that this team we've built is enough to win the Sextuple, but certainly things can't be worse than before."

https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1608237627341160448?t=QBRlXdpf3yXckNk8JWc_1Q&s=19

Laporta ain't done with this team yet and he knows it.

Messigician

Good quote imo:

Laporta to Xavi in the documentary: "I can't guarantee that this team we've built is enough to win the Sextuple, but certainly things can't be worse than before."

https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1608237627341160448?t=QBRlXdpf3yXckNk8JWc_1Q&s=19

Laporta ain't done with this team yet and he knows it.

4 levers later
We back in Europa league lol

Arguably worse

Home of Barca Fans