Joan Laporta

Barcilliant

If we win EL at least that will be a shit in the arm for the club. It will show the fans that Xavi can adapt to European football and succeed. However I don't see this happening and this is my concern. La Liga is the weakest I've ever seen it and winning it doesn't hold the same prestige as winning it 29 years ago.

iniestaGOAT

If we win EL at least that will be a shit in the arm for the club. It will show the fans that Xavi can adapt to European football and succeed. However I don't see this happening and this is my concern. La Liga is the weakest I've ever seen it and winning it doesn't hold the same prestige as winning it 29 years ago.

No one cares about Europa league except your bum ass

Win the league and xavi keeps his job enough said

FinBarcelonafan

Lol thats impossible. Winning la liga should get you a lot more money.

Source?

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2022/08/12/62f6a40a268e3e696a8b45cc.html

You are right, winning LaLiga is worth 60mil which is more but the difference between first-second and third probably isn't as much as crashing out in the Europe League Vs United and winning it, so you could say winning Europe League is worth more to us.

https://www.totalsportal.com/money/uefa-europa-league-revenue-distribution/
So if Tottenham were to win the 2021-22 UEFA Europa League they can clear around ?24 million from guaranteed and performance related payments plus another ?20 to ?22 million from Market pool money taking there total earnings from 2021-22 UEFA Europa League to around ?45 million.

European Trophy over LaLiga, because we will end up at minimum second place in LaLiga. More money.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2022/08/12/62f6a40a268e3e696a8b45cc.html

You are right, winning LaLiga is worth 60mil which is more but the difference between first-second and third probably isn't as much as crashing out in the Europe League Vs United and winning it, so you could say winning Europe League is worth more to us.

So if Tottenham were to win the 2021-22 UEFA Europa League they can clear around ?24 million from guaranteed and performance related payments plus another ?20 to ?22 million from Market pool money taking there total earnings from 2021-22 UEFA Europa League to around ?45 million.

European Trophy over LaLiga, because we will end up at minimum second place in LaLiga. More money.

There is like a few million difference in Europa league between finishing first and getting knocked out round of 16.

Winning la liga probably gives you a lot more than 60m. Plus there is prestige, beating Madrid and all the benefits that come with it cause they aren't winning UCL this year.

In short winning la liga is lot more beneficial than winning Europa which nobody gives a fuck about. Gets you 0 respect. Probably negative respect and more meme material if we being honest.

Barcilliant

Having a Catalan president is a pain. It means they only care about the local fans. The international fans only count when it comes to revenue. The club is falling into a state of malaise and disrepair. Will be very hard to get out of this situation.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Having a Catalan president is a pain. It means they only care about the local fans. The international fans only count when it comes to revenue. The club is falling into a state of malaise and disrepair. Will be very hard to get out of this situation.

Nah, the fact that we are in trouble had little to do with the accusation of the club president being Catalan or the club pandering to local Catalan fans. Actually, there had been complaints from the local fans that the club is drifting from its Catalan base (people complained about only a minor portion of the club’s communication was done in Catalan, vs. English and Spanish etc. Laporta bragged about having persuaded Spotify to add Catalan as a language on their portal as a result or response to this). The club’s obsession with Spanish players isn’t really a reflection of this Catalan focus or bias, in my opinion.

Club had been mismanaged but it isn’t really a result of its alleged Catalan focus and forsaking foreign fans. No.

Barcilliant

Nah, the fact that we are in trouble had little to do with the accusation of the club president being Catalan or the club pandering to local Catalan fans. Actually, there had been complaints from the local fans that the club is drifting from its Catalan base (people complained about only a minor portion of the club?s communication was done in Catalan, vs. English and Spanish etc. Laporta bragged about having persuaded Spotify to add Catalan as a language on their portal as a result or response to this). The club?s obsession with Spanish players isn?t really a reflection of this Catalan focus or bias, in my opinion.

Club had been mismanaged but it isn?t really a result of its alleged Catalan focus and forsaking foreign fans. No.

The obsession with Spanish players seems to be a result of the Catalan fans obsession with a possession style of play. I may be wrong but this is the impression alot of international fans get. Even Real Madrid fans I speak to don't understand our obsession with this style and profile of player that we seem to love.

delancey

I agree. To add to that, what does it say about out level, our ability to compete at the highest stage, if we cannot even advance in the fricking EL.

Last edited:

Messi983

EL win is good too because it gets us back into pot 1. So no Bayern or PSG drubbing for a year atleast.

Winning the league does the same too, doesn't it? And it should be easier, at least on paper.

For me La Liga is a priority every season.

Home of Barca Fans