Joan Laporta

Messi983

Situation wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is if we wouldn't lose hundred of millions of planned incomes.

Longterm would ofc still need to lower our wage bill.

Porque

Quotes from Andre Cury on RAC1 yesterday.

On working at Barca
"it is not easy to work at Barça because all the easy things end up getting complicated"

"In Barça politically there are always problems and there is no peace of mind to work. I have worked there for two decades and there are always many people talking. The style of the club often prevents us from doing things because there are always a lot of people inside the club".

On Deco becoming SD
"He is prepared to work at Barça, he is a very competent guy. He has experience in the South American market."

On Victor Roque
"He's a great player and if Barça decides he will be 100 percent right. He will be a very important asset for the future because his value will increase a lot, he will be worth five times more."

On Lord Douglas
"I told Zubizarreta that Douglas didn't have the level to play for Barça. The technical secretary wanted to pay 12 million to sign the winger, but I made him pay 4 million."

On Gustavo Maia
"The club came to Brazil to sign him without asking me for anything. I worked for them. I would never have let them sign because I told them he had no level to be at Barça . "

---

Those quotes on Douglas and Maia.
giphy.gif

JamDav1982

Most relevant quote there...

"it is not easy to work at Barça because all the easy things end up getting complicated"

"In Barça politically there are always problems and there is no peace of mind to work. I have worked there for two decades and there are always many people talking. The style of the club often prevents us from doing things because there are always a lot of people inside the club".

Catta

Makes perfect sense, the main objective of a football club is to win big titles, and Barca did it this season. So... very nice job by them. Let's see next season how they do.
With that logic, Barto was a great president. We won big titles every season with him.

serghei

With that logic, Barto was a great president. We won big titles every season with him.

He was ok until the last 2-3 seasons. Then he set the house on fire and left a huge mess behind.

His spending was stupid, especially in term of wages structure, which got fom bad to worse.

JamDav1982

The other main objective is to not burn down the house while winning a title. So...

Haha so rules are changed to more than just about titles.

Nice.

More than just titles matter.

Barca under EV were too foused on short term and shit scared of losing power dynamic to amigos despite the titles.

Barca have done well to win this title but folk can still be pissed off at decisions taken and performances in other competitions if think not good for the long term.

Now it is all about titles when at start of seasons titles were not seen as all that important as wont win any for years anyway.

Xavi now needs to show massive improvement in Europe next season and shows learned from some awful mistakes.

His poor coaching in Europe has cost club tens of milliosn when cant afford that. Needs to change.

BJJ

For all the bullshit spewed about Catalan nationalism and 'More than a club' all our ex execs like Soriano don't seem to give a damn.
They seem more interested in building City and making money. Sad to see the club like this. At one point we could sign any player in the world. Now we struggle to sign geriatric, free agents ..such is our state. It's exactly what happened to the Italian clubs. Most of them were reduced to signing veterans who could come for free
We really blew unnecessary money on the likes of Raphinia, Ferret & Lewandowski.

Messigician

❗️Messi round-up:

🔴 No agreement w/ Al Hilal
🙏 Still prioritizing Barça
💼 Barça still on it
⚠️ No green light from La Liga yet
💰 Club has to bring in money (sales, contract renegotiation, sponsors, etc)
🇪🇺 Wants to remain in Europe
👍 Back in PSG training

Home of Barca Fans