Joan Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca sent a survey out to a select group of socis to ask their opinion about the club's ownership model and what they prefer.

The current model or turning it into a public limited company with a sale of the club or a mixed option where a 49% stake being sold are among the options.

You could say it's nothing, but small steps.....

malvolio

Barca sent a survey out to a select group of socis to ask their opinion about the club's ownership model and what they prefer.

The current model or turning it into a public limited company with a sale of the club or a mixed option where a 49% stake being sold are among the options.

Wasn't Laporta the first president to put a name on the front of the shirt? Yeah, for a good cause at first. Just so we get used to the idea. Then next thing you know we were seeling the shirt to Qatar.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They are testing the water. I hope the vast majority of socis say no to that idea so they don't even think about it.

JamDav1982

Makes perfect sense, the main objective of a football club is to win big titles, and Barca did it this season. So... very nice job by them. Let's see next season how they do.

Messi won WC...ultimate winner.

Yet you claim he will be a negative.

Do better.

Nazario1985

Sooner or later this current model is going to die.

No need to ask the socios start changing it NOW.

Asking the socios is like asking grand ma if it was better back in the day ..

Birdy

Barcelona have achieved €120m in savings between cuts and new income. There's now €80m left to reach the goal and be able to register players normally.
@QueThiJugues

Club is spreading fake hope

80m in wage savings means a lot of exits.
And if that happens, we get back to 1:1
which means that if you want to bring someone new (Gundo, Inigo) you need exits of EQUAL amount of money.
Imagine how much would be needed to bring back Messi on 25m gross

JamDav1982

80m could be a couple of exits depening on how much get for players.

No that believe anyone is offering 80m for Raphinha but if sold him for that on next seasons books it is 50m+ saved next season and 20m in each of next two.

Also they can 'spend' 40% of any sales/decreased contracts before getting to 1:1 if it comes to that.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
They are testing the water. I hope the vast majority of socis say no to that idea so they don't even think about it.

Same vast majority of idiots will probably vote for Rosell again in 2026 or some other criminal.

Not sure I give a damn about what those geezers think. Our local socis are braindead.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Same vast majority of idiots will probably vote for Rosell again in 2026 or some other criminal.

Not sure I give a damn about what those geezers think. Our local socis are braindead.

Barça is still their club, first and foremost.

Becoming a SAD doesn't really prevent anybody like Rosell, Bartomeu or Laporta from getting elected, the socis still own the majority of the club. The problem is, it is a precursor to the club being sold.

BJJ

If COVID didn't happen do you think we would be in this situation? Even if Covid didn't happen I think this situation was inevitable . Barto just destroyed the club.

Home of Barca Fans