Joan Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
These numbers are for the whole institution?

According to Capology (I know their numbers have been disputed but here me out) our wage bill has been lower than Madrid's since the start of 21/22 season.

Yes, 528m is the target for the entire club, 450m is the targeted wage mass for the men's first team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think Laporta can claim much credit, most of these squads were built before he got here. He deserves some credit for reinforcing the women's squad though.

jamrock

The man just beings winning where he goes and he definitely deserves credit for the women & men's football success.

khaled_a_d

I don't think Laporta can claim much credit, most of these squads were built before he got here. He deserves some credit for reinforcing the women's squad though.

I think he can tbh, he shouldn't be starting those teams from the scratch to get credit. It isn't like we were winning league in all 6 categories at same time when he came in. Had 2 summers to work too.
He provided estability to those teams and added reinforcement during times of financial crisis, I will say that is a great work tbh
Maybe not Hockey and Handball, although with the later it isn't credit to Bartou either, we were winning since Sociedad ceased to exist

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think he can tbh, he shouldn't be starting those teams from the scratch to get credit. It isn't like we were winning league in all 6 categories at same time when he came in. Had 2 summers to work too.
He provided estability to those teams and added reinforcement during times of financial crisis, I will say that is a great work tbh
Maybe not Hockey and Handball, although with the later it isn't credit to Bartou either, we were winning since Sociedad ceased to exist

Yeah, I was thinking about the sections and not the men's football's first team, he certainly deserves credit for the changes and transformations made in the last two years on the men's first team, good or bad.

With regard to the sections, I'd say there was a couple of decent reinforcements in the handball section (Nielsen, Wanne), basketball section was hit (Lapro) and miss (pretty much everybody else he brought in) but his hands are tied due to the cuts, roller hockey and futsal not much was done as far as I know.

JamDav1982

The womens squad was pushed long before Laporta got there.

They won the CL a few months after he started and Barca were ahead of curve with womens team long before Laporta.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
🇶🇦 Barça have received a multimillion-dollar offer to allow a Qatari club to use the club's name. [Catalunya Ràdio]

Aren’t Qatar against LGBT? Barca have it has their main pic on most social media and all over their pages. Hope that doesn’t affect things :LOL:

JamDav1982

Oh how Laporta used to cry about Barca and Qatar sponsorship.... 'values' blah blah blah.

Was always hypocrtical politics and the amount of people who lapped it up as gospel and parroted it was sensational.

Some can see it.. some cant.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
💰 Barça have received an annual €100m offer from a Qatari team to have the name of Barça as a franchise. [Catalunya Ràdio]

If this is true I love you Laporta :love:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great opportunity for us, if true. Not sure if legally there will be challenges and hurdles to jump through. We are getting the much needed funds while elevating the Barça brand name in the Middle East, it is a win-win for us.

Gone are those days that we can pick and choose based on perceived morality.

Home of Barca Fans