Joan Laporta

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
From being rejected by Kevin Punter last minute to the zigzagging in trying to extend with Arnau Tenas, the monstrosity of mismanagement of this club never ceases to amaze me.

Laporta's defense today of the Negreira's case is quite pathetic. If the club hadn't done anything, Tebas or CVC or whatever wouldn't have been able to "persecute" us anyway.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

From being rejected by Kevin Punter last minute to the zigzagging in trying to extend with Arnau Tenas, the monstrosity of mismanagement of this club never ceases to amaze me.

Laporta's defense today of the Negreira's case is quite pathetic. If the club hadn't done anything, Tebas or CVC or whatever wouldn't have been able to "persecute" us anyway.

He says the Negreira case is something they 'inherited'.

Reality is that his board paid Negreira across their whole tenure from 2003-2010.. no other board did that.

Always the politician and folk lap it up.

BJJ

Qatar money is dirty and immoral. We need the holy watered dollar or the blessed euro. SMH.. I swear when I read people s opinions about international affairs it genuinely makes me laugh at this point.
Ironically Qatar is much cleaner than the holier than thou Western countries. Yes,they treat the subcontinent labour like shit. But, they don't go invading other countries and cause millions of deaths. I'm no fan of Qatar but the Eurocentric,holier than thou attitudes here are a joke.

JamDav1982

Laporta: "Last year we had an offer of €100m for De Jong, and we did well not selling him. There are players who should not be on the market."

khaled_a_d

Most notable quotes was his comments on Qatar, Arda, Roque and ... wait for it.. Oriol Romeu

Transfer market:
Laporta: "The window opens tomorrow, but we have already done a lot of work. VITOR ROQUE... Work is underway."

Laporta: "Kimmich and Zubimendi? There are players that we cannot afford because of the money we are talking about. Oriol Romeu? There are a number of names that the sports area and Xavi like and we have to let them work."

Laporta: "Brozović has an offer from the Saudi League and we will not enter to compete with that."

Laporta: "GÜLER? Deco was in Istanbul. Now, La Liga allow us to carry out the operations that do not count for this year. Our scouting department was following him. We also have Deco's opinion. We are trying to COMPLETE the deal."

Qatar:

Laporta: "What about Qatar? The Gulf has become a great market and what we are trying to do is find business opportunities for the club."

Laporta: "Qatar? They have proposed that the women's team play there and that would be good for us and to help equal rights in those countries

Laporta: "Qatar? I stand by my principles and I'm open to the fact that there are places in the world that are starting an opening movement and we can help with football (women's team playing there)."

Laporta: "My non-presence in the Basketball Final Four? We were in Qatar looking for other forms of business."

Some political stuff:

Laporta: "We have resumed institutional relations with La Liga, and with UEFA there is a dialogue."

Laporta: "The Negreira thing is a campaign against Barça."

Laporta: "I have met with Čeferin and he understood the explanations about the Negreira case. We count on playing the Champions League next season."

Laporta: "Bridges have been rebuilt with La Liga and Tebas. We must try to re-establish relations through harmony because Barça cannot be in conflict with the institutions."

Regarding Bayern model:

Laporta: "Barça's ownership model is guaranteed. The club will continue to be the property of its members; that is indisputable."
Laporta: "I'm not in favor of a formula like Bayern's (49%-51%). I don't think it has given Bayern a good result, Oliver Kahn told me."

Barca TV:
Laporta: "An agreement has been reached with Telefónica on the issue of BarçaTV. There will be good news."

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wonder what the good news about Barça TV is going to be. Will they be able to retain some folks and keep it afloat for a bit longer? If so, great news.

Home of Barca Fans