Joan Laporta

khaled_a_d

What he said about short term mindset is true.

Also true that we will be falling behind more and more.

People running the club are incapable in comparison to any mediocre professional club.

Most corporate nowadays have this short term mindset tbh. It is all about anannual or quarter profit in the worldwe are living in and Barca is no difference.

Most fans of big clubs think there boards are incompetent tbh.
I mean Atletico is in financial trouble, they signed a random kid from Portugal for over 120M.
Loaned him for half a year and extended him on high salary. The loan was to dysfunctional team and he returned back and they have no clue how to get rid of him.
Sevilla is offering whole squad for sale.
Valancia are laughing stock.
Liga clubs, Ligue 1 clubs sold their souls to CVC in worse deal than Barca.
PSG is the definition of incompetent club.
Chelsea have been horrible as of late.
Italian clubs were doing bad, although had resurgence past season.
Bayern had people who evaded tax, refused to pay minimum wages etc. Manchester United had been awfully run for a decade.
And the list goes on tbh

Last edited:

jamrock

The only well ran club in Europe right now is Liverpool & Real as big clubs.

Man city doesn't count because they have a golden parachute.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not that sure about Liverpool, I honestly don't know what FSG's objectives are.

AFC Wrexham is pretty well run. Ryan & Rob stayed out for the most part, hired competent people and entrust them with running the club, listened and provided them with the needed resources.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Too much politics and personal grudges with Barca.
Barca DNA is self-destruction. Look throughout the history of the club. Even if Laporta somehow, some way manage to rebuild and stabilize the club you are only one bad choice away from destruction and next time it might lead to a complete sale of the club.

jamrock

Same happen with Madrid after Perez left, though Perez first go around wasn't anywhere near as good as the 2nd, but he was much better than Calderon and had to return.

In theory electing a president is all good and well, until you elect a bartomeau, but that's just what comes with the territory of "democracy", whether in be in Nation building or sports.

Better that, than to be suck with someone like peter lim, who is the out right owner and you can't ever get rid of.

Pros & cons as with everything.

Last edited:

BJJ

At the moment we're stuck in no man's land, really.
I can't remember a time when our future was so uncertain. It's obvious the Gulf states are long time players and are here to stay. We are in a mess financially and even if we come out of it there's no way we can compete with them financially.
Part of our appeal was the fact that we played attacking football with world class forwards.
Where does that leave us now? What's the way forward? Do we continue to sell our souls or do we compromise some success by keeping the club intact by not whoring our brand out to any and everyone?

FinBarcelonafan

Club is finished
Sometimes I am sick of the shit show. No money, cap whatever the excuse. It makes us look like an amateur club or how it's run. Be ******** professionals for once.

Get the finances in order!!

In the end, as a fan it's frustrating.. we pay for tickets 70-250e a ticket and we can't even sign players. Its a joke. Annoys the **** our of me sometimes. Fans deserve better.

Rant off.

In the end, Barcelona is the most interesting club in the world and one of the best cities but we need to get our **** together.

Home of Barca Fans