Joan Laporta

Andresito

Staff member
F4sVtIwWcAEFLgY

serghei

1- I would say yes, you can't be reactive at times, so securing Inigo allow us to get rid of Lenglet, a player that seems mentally checked out of Barca and the coach wants out.
Inigo injury history is good, except for last year.
The question here is whether medical team gave the ok for it or they were overruled? Only the later make it a wrong decision.

2- Gundogan is just on different level tbh, guy fit the team from day 1.
I wanted Diaz, but I mentioned that I don't see him as single pivot, Gundogan add much needed quality and experience to the team. I would also argue that his presence will help player's development, like Pedri and Gavi

3- Alonso shouldn't have been renewed regardless, bad player, no upside.
But I think it was agreed when he first signed and we didn't want to break the promise

4-No, but if he is in low wage, he ease the transition of team captains and keep some Catalan blood from the old guard. Political move but for low cost I can get it.

Excellent post. Also, Inigo adds a bit of maturity that we lack in our defense. The role Pique should have covered but was badly exposed as retirement material.

He still has to prove himself of course, but an experienced older player in our backline was needed. Also better to have such a player stepping in in case of injury crises than an unproven youngster who could very well have huge nerves and fuck it up, especially without prior minutes to build his confidence.

Inigo transfer makes sense, as in he's the profile of player that was needed in our team after Pique's fiasco from last year. Remains to be seen if Inigo is that player, and can perform the role he was acquired for, or not.

Agree on Gundogan also. Yes, he's not a spring chicken anymore, but he's still one of our best players instantly after he was signed. In our position, we can't pass on a free agent like that even if on a higher wage. Especially considering Pedri has frequent problems with injuries. An AM with good presence in the last 3rd was badly needed.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

Wonder how much money is being swapped behind the scenes with Mendes.

What a coincidence that Mendes represents Fati, Cancelo and Felix.

Home of Barca Fans