Joan Laporta

Messi983

Read some reports Deco is hiring Bojan Krkic lol

As per Marca, he will work side by side with Deco in the new regime, with his primary focus being to follow up on the training of players.

Bojan will also look to pave the way for youngsters to make the move from La Masia or Barca Atletic to the first team, something that he did during his time as a player in Catalonia.

Won't be directly involved in transfer decisions and negotiations etc. so nothing wrong giving him that role imo.

Porque

I bet Bojan could teach them some incredible breathing exercises for anxiety.

Probably has a hippy commune in Bosnia where he will take all the new promotions every summer to learn to adapt to the pressures of top flight football.

Porque

Wage bill is actually relatively modest this year and the board have done will to whittle it down. Just FFP is screwing us like a leaky butthole.

By comparison our wage bill is roughly 50m/year lower than Madrids, yet our salary cap margin difference is huge.

And that still includes Lenglet on the books.

Few points of contention obviously

1) Was Inigo necessary when Lenglet is still on the books and his future not solved? Considering Inigo injury history and all.

2) Did we need to bring in Gundy on such a high wage that it blocks a low amortization signing like F. Diaz or Fressy?

3) Did Alonso need to be renewed if Cancelo was the play?

4) Did Bob need to be renewed?

But overall, don't lose our heads this end of window, and we should be able to operate normally as from next year.

Not bad considering the Bartomeu mess.

iniestaGOAT

Wage bill is actually relatively modest this year and the board have done will to whittle it down. Just FFP is screwing us like a leaky butthole.

By comparison our wage bill is roughly 50m/year lower than Madrids, yet our salary cap margin difference is huge.

And that still includes Lenglet on the books.

1) Was Inigo necessary when Lenglet is still on the books and his future not solved? Considering Inigo injury history and all.

2) Did we need to bring in Gundy on such a high wage that it blocks a low amortization signing like F. Diaz or Fressy?

But overall, don't lose our heads this end of window, and we should be able to operate normally as from next year.

Not bad considering the Bartomeu mess.

1. Yes
2. Hell yeah
3. Maybe not, there is no gurantee Cancelo is coming
4. Fuck that guy

Porque

1. Yes
2. Hell yeah
3. Maybe not, there is no gurantee Cancelo is coming
4. Fuck that guy

Tbh, I'm looking at the wage bill and the spending since the levers, and it is clear as day that are problems exist outside of the football section.

Our wage bill is now comfortably lower than Real Madrid (highest in the world), Bayern, Man City and Man Utd with our spending in general, way lower.

Porque

Everytime I see an Emirates shirt sponsorship I image it says

JamDav
Do Better
1_Saka-1.jpg

delancey

I can understand Getafe or Cadiz parking the bus in defense or midfield, but for Barcelona to be playing such uninspiring godawful football with the players at Xavi’s disposal, there’s no excuse, except for gross incompetence. Laporta should feel ashamed of himself.

Honestly, our football was much more entertaining under Koeman, who also had an inferior squad.

And what is up with having Oscar H. as our Assistant Manager? We should be doing everything we can to ensure that each position is held by the most qualified individual, not indulging in nepotistic practices.

I hope our CL group is stacked to show the world, yet again, just how ridiculous it was appointing a complete amateur as Manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world. Nothing unrealistic, but merely teams with players who aren’t better than our own. Think Arsenal, RB Leipzig and a Portuguese, Belgian or Italian team.

God awful football.

Reactions: BJJ

khaled_a_d

1- I would say yes, you can't be reactive at times, so securing Inigo allow us to get rid of Lenglet, a player that seems mentally checked out of Barca and the coach wants out.
Inigo injury history is good, except for last year.
The question here is whether medical team gave the ok for it or they were overruled? Only the later make it a wrong decision.

2- Gundogan is just on different level tbh, guy fit the team from day 1.
I wanted Diaz, but I mentioned that I don't see him as single pivot, Gundogan add much needed quality and experience to the team. I would also argue that his presence will help player's development, like Pedri and Gavi

3- Alonso shouldn't have been renewed regardless, bad player, no upside.
But I think it was agreed when he first signed and we didn't want to break the promise

4-No, but if he is in low wage, he ease the transition of team captains and keep some Catalan blood from the old guard. Political move but for low cost I can get it.

Home of Barca Fans