Joan Laporta

serghei

I don't understand Barca's model. If the club needs money to get back on top, how are they going to get it using the current model? It makes zero sense in 2023.

What is Barca's way of bringing money into the club to improve the team and compete at the top, without generating more debt?

JamDav1982

Lewa, Raphinha and Fati would generate more than enough to close that gap.

Could see those three sold and even Chritsensen next summer if Kounde settles at CB and Faye looks the real deal.

Renewing players can generate another 25/30m and then better run in CL is crucial also.

serghei

So the solution is to sell valuable players and replace them with Barca B players? I thought the aim is to compete vs the best teams. If you sell these players the aim should be to buy new, better ones. :lol: Expensive ones.

JamDav1982

So the solution is to sell valuable players and replace them with Barca B players? I thought the aim is to compete vs the best teams. If you sell these players the aim should be to buy new, better ones. :lol: Expensive ones.

Lewa is on his last legs and could see club going with Roque and someone like Morata if can get him for free.

Fati... if get decent bid and can sign Nico makes sense.

Raphinha would have decent market and Lamal is better than him while Ferran would need to find form for longer.

Would be a lot in for very little if any drop in quality.

That scenario also then gives money to improve DM etc also.

serghei

Way too early for Lamal. Let's see him vs some top teams first. Especially in CL. He didn't even debut in CL and you act as if he's a sure hit. I've seen this tune played before and it ended badly.

If you sell Raphinha, then I expect a better player brought in. Absolutely. Same for Lewandowski and Christensen. So... saving money by selling highly rated players is not a good tactic, because we're in the bussiness of competing vs the elite teams.

That's the opposite of what the other teams are doing. They are keeping their best players, getting rid of flops, and briging more quality by spending top dollar.

JamDav1982

Way too early for Lamal. Let's see him vs some top teams first. Especially in CL. He didn't even debut in CL and you act as if he's a sure hit. I've seen this tune played before and it ended badly.

Lamal is better than Raphinha and can rotate with others.

Raphinha would not be a big miss and can generate good fee from EPL.

Raphinha did fuck all in CL last season anyway.

Would need Ferran to show longer term form in first team also.

There is no similar 'tune'.

serghei

So, are you prepared to go all the way and say Lamal is gonna be a big hit? Already? This is so unlike you... :lol:

serghei

You think he wont be and Raphinha currently better player by huge margin as already told us.

Lets see.

I didn't say that. I said Lamal is talented but it's too early for him atm to get a prominent starter role. Raphinha is a better player atm.

Say Raphinha is sold, and Lamal is starting at RW. Even then, I'd expect the money to be invested into fixing a weak position by signing a top class player. Like a DM, or a LW.

Don't forget that Cancelo also is just loaned for a season.

JamDav1982

I didn't say that. I said Lamal is talented but it's too early for him atm to get a prominent starter role. Raphinha is a better player atm.

You said he was nowhere near as good as Raphinha currently in terms of what brings when plays and laughed at folk who said he would start games this season.

Raphinha would need to improve massively to stay. Maybe he can. Lets see.

serghei

Lamal has been great so far, less so vs Osasuna, but still, very good. But it's early to put him ahead of a seasoned player like Raphinha imo. But I don't exclude it, maybe you're right and unlike others, he is the real deal.

Time will tell. Like you said, we have some tricky games approaching and we'll see more about this duel between Lamal and Raphinha for the starting position.

JamDav1982

Lamal has been great so far, less so vs Osasuna, but still, very good. But it's early to put him ahead of a seasoned player like Raphinha imo. But I don't exclude it, maybe you're right and unlike others, he is the real deal.

Unlike who?

Lamal situation has no relevance to other players.

There is no way Raphinha is vastly superior to Lamal even now as is made out.

Personally can see him being one the club cash in on and may well have happened this summer had Dembele stayed.

Lamine has been better in every game this season than Raphinha was v Getafe for example.

If Raphinha proves unsellable... then dont sell him.

Porque

Whether Lamal is better than Raphinha or not, the main thing we can agree on is that he has arrived, and early than anticipated.

That gives us a nice free solution to
a) the Dembele loss
b) the option of selling/keeping one out of Raphi and Ferran and still having 2 options for RW without signing anyone

PLUS, if Nico arrives on a free, he can also cover RW when need be.

So those are the shrewd options we have in play, that will also lower the salary cap with a sale.

Basically RW is not one of our problems right now even with one sale, and LW can be improved with a free signing that is just 21. Lovely jubbly.

Home of Barca Fans