Joan Laporta

JamDav1982

I said that in the past. I obviously don't think that anymore after what happened in the last half a year or more.

Yes you called it wrong with shit take and constantly downplayed the work of what Xavi and squad could achieve.

Sme with shite about Real being so far ahead Barca couldnt win for years etc.

Didnt believe in the coaching staff or squad.

Xavi hater. Players hater. Club hater.

Easy.

ajnotkeith

Madrid weren't the best team in the world the season after the CL win. They had shown major deficiencies in league as well however because we were reeling from Messi loss and FFP we gave them a headstart is the truth.

Xavi or another competent manager comes in in the summer and the board doesn't fuck them around and we win that title probably.

JamDav1982

How is that? Madrid beat last season Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG. I haven't seen us beating teams like that in Europe in a long time.

Liverpool and Chelsea were worse than Man Utd, Inter and Bayern last season to be fair.

The first top team Real came up against they were humiliated.

Stop with the lies chief.

ajnotkeith

How is that? Madrid beat last season Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG. I haven't seen us beating teams like that in Europe in a long time.
We could beat any of them right now.
Our problem isnt the quality. Its the mental problems we have with European games.
Chelsea Liverpool and PSG were shite last season. Chelsea finished like 11th, Liverpool 5th and PSG the usual.

serghei

We could beat any of them right now.
Our problem isnt the quality. Its the mental problems we have with European games.

Could is not real. Did is real. When we will beat those teams I will upgrade my opinion. Should be simple enough to understand.

To be better than Madrid you have to make a bigger impact in CL. A much bigger impact than in the last 2 seasons.

serghei

We are not a better team than Madrid, but we could be in the near future, if we confirm our form in CL against bigger teams. There... should be fairly obvious what is the nuance here.

La Liga win helps, but more is needed to go over Madrid.

ajnotkeith

Could is not real. Did is real. When we will beat those teams I will upgrade my opinion. Should be simple enough to understand.

To be better than Madrid you have to make a bigger impact in CL. A much bigger impact than in the last 2 seasons.
We already smacked Madrid around many times and you still don't concede we are the better side, lol, so you already admitted h2hs dont matter for you.

First full season under Xavi... league domination against them, many Clasico wins, then in CL we got put out by Inter who in fairness are a better team than anyone they played.

serghei

We already smacked Madrid around many times and you still don't concede we are the better side, lol, so you already admitted h2hs dont matter for you.

First full season under Xavi... league domination against them, many Clasico wins, then in CL we got put out by Inter who in fairness are a better team than anyone they played.

They smacked us 4-0 too. Beat us 3-1 and 4-0 last season as well.

mc_lovin

Isn’t it boring just being reactionary? Where’s the value in that?

serghei

Isn’t it boring just being reactionary?

No. It's not. Not when dealing with generaton twitter that lives in the "could", and "if" imaginary world.

Madrid has much better record in CL than we do. CL is the biggest club competition. Until we get close to them in CL no logical fan could claim we are a better team than them. It's simply stupid.

ajnotkeith

They smacked us 4-0 too. Beat us 3-1 and 4-0 last season as well.
Yeah, but we had easily better H2H, right? We won out in a fairly large sample size.

So we proved the better team in H2H encounters and in a 38 game league season.
As said yes we went out in groups but Inter are better than Liverpool/Chelsea at that time really.

JamDav1982

We are not a better team than Madrid, but we could be in the near future, if we confirm our form in CL against bigger teams. There... should be fairly obvious what is the nuance here.

La Liga win helps, but more is needed to go over Madrid.

Were better last season and the squad/coach all were better than Real.

You act like Real have nothing to prove... they have to prove they are better than Barca also and now.. not trophys from two seasons back.

serghei

Yeah, but we had easily better H2H, right? We won out in a fairly large sample size.

So we proved the better team in H2H encounters and in a 38 game league season.
As said yes we went out in groups but Inter are better than Liverpool/Chelsea at that time really.

Yes, we did well vs Madrid. Now we need to do as well as they did vs best teams in England, France etc. Beat likes of PSG, best teams in England... so on.

We do that, we're better. We don't, we aren't. It's cold performances here, not wishy-washy fan wishes and hopes.

ajnotkeith

No. It's not. Not when dealing with generaton twitter that lives in the "could", and "if" imaginary world.

Madrid has much better record in CL than we do. CL is the biggest club competition. Until we get close to them in CL no logical fan could claim we are a better team than them. It's simply stupid.
Part of giving your opinion on something is being able to see things coming/predict trends before they happen.

Your view on everything is essentially, I will agree with you once I see it happen, that's not a real opinion, its fence sitting.

Do you think Madrid will continue to be a top team or are we right and they're on a fair decline?

Home of Barca Fans