Joan Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Puyol and Abidal should stay away from being used in election politics. If Laporta gets elected they can re-join Barca without their names being used like that.
And btw. I wouldn't trust everything Laporta says anyway judging by elections and tenure he won previously.

Is his program out yet? Only seen a youtube clip announcing himself as candidate

He'll present it next week.

Barcafan 2304

I want laporta and in particular, his worldwide vision. He will open the membership back up for everyone. It seems recently, Barca makes membership renewal or even opening a membership extremely problematic for anyone outside Catalonia

DonAK

Membership should def be re-opened. Right now the only way to become a member is if you're related to someone who are. Or the commitment card for which after 3 years of holding that, your application will be considered for full membership.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Membership should def be re-opened. Right now the only way to become a member is if you're related to someone who are. Or the commitment card for which after 3 years of holding that, your application will be considered for full membership.

Exactly, the "showing up between July and September each year in Barcelona for three consecutive years" is just too much for most overseas fans. And if I am not mistaken, getting the commitment card itself is quite a chore, right?

DonAK

Exactly, the "showing up between July and September each year in Barcelona for three consecutive years" is just too much for most overseas fans. And if I am not mistaken, getting the commitment card itself is quite a chore, right?

You have to be at the Supporter offices at Camp Nou in person.

Alen

Quite a tricky situation really. In order to keep the association status, membership must be closely monitored. Does anyone know how it is for RM, Athletic Bilbao and the likes?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see a problem with foreigners voting. The club can always secure themselves against hostile influence through statutes.
Barca founder was Swiss and first president English.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I want to be a member and pay without voting, I just want to support the club and be officially a socio (or mini socio, without seats since I don't leave in barcelona unfortunaly, nor vote), so definitely in favour of memberships to be easier to get or some kind of light membership in between.

MessiDinho10

In the future, when I have graduated from uni and got a job, I want to become a member with the right to vote. Right now I would not be able to become one.
The major advantages of (re-)opening membership are that the socios as a whole are much less susceptible to the media in Spain and Catalunya and what the board itself says (Bartomeu for instance when he said the club was wrongfully ''attacked'' when the ban hit us, while it was really the board's fault for sitting on the problem for a year. A lot of socios believe him, while most people outside of Catalunya and Spain know better than that.) and that it will generate a lot of money each year for the club to use/invest.

Home of Barca Fans