João Cancelo

L3v1s

He would unironically be the best fullback we've had since prime Alves if we speak about quality.. You surely dont get to play for some of the best teams year after year without being somewhat decent atleast. Now, I was curious to see why he changed teams so often and I found this on the internet.

Pep Guardiola on João Cancelo: “The reality was that we decided that he had to leave and we didn't care where he was going, even if he wanted to go to United, which is our rival.”
https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/1671206809732886545/photo/1
And then some City fans said that they wont miss someone who celebrated Haaland's miss against Bayern last season, while he was on loan at the Bavarians. He surely has personality issues, even threw a dig at City by saying he wants to win a CL at Bayern, which didn't end too well. With that said, most City fans do acknowledge that he was fantastic at City, and I remember that he was regarded as the best fullback in the world for a short period. But he's a toxic cunt.

Well, we always had cunts in our teams. Some of them became legends. Come to think about it, every CL winning squad of ours had atleast one. So what's one more?:lol:

delancey

reports indicate that an obligatory purchase clause takes effect if we reach the CL round of 16. Xavi getting out of a CL group is a lofty expectation. Ha!

Laporta playing 4D chess. :lol:

fergus90

reports indicate that an obligatory purchase clause takes effect if we reach the CL round of 16. Xavi getting out of a CL group is a lofty expectation. Ha!

Laporta playing 4D chess. :lol:
Any word on what the clause is if the club somehow see the Europa League round of 16?

Temptation

What were the issues with him at Juventus and Bayern?

Did he come the cunt there?
Davies back, Guerriero signed. Cancelo would cost Bayern around 70 mil. Why would you spend 70 mil on a full back when you're desperate to get Kane in the same window and he'll cost a lot?

Cancelo was brought to Bayern under Nagelsmann. After that, Tuchel took over. Surplus to requirements.

JamDav1982

Davies back, Guerriero signed. Cancelo would cost Bayern around 70 mil. Why would you spend 70 mil on a full back when you're desperate to get Kane in the same window and he'll cost a lot?

Cancelo was brought to Bayern under Nagelsmann. After that, Tuchel took over. Surplus to requirements.

Not what I meant.. what were the attitude issues at other clubs as is often mentioned as if been case everywhere been.

Temptation

Not what I meant.. what were the attitude issues at other clubs as is often mentioned as if been case everywhere been.

As far as I know Juve let him go for budget reasons. They wanted to get De Ligt back then. Cancelo also wanted to leave and asked his agent to find him a new club.

The attitude stuff is an exaggerated narrative. He majorly fell out with Pep as we all know and in general has a moany-whiny typical Portuguese personality like Bruno for example. That's it really.

In the past Cancelo has been criticised for being a bit naive tactically at times.

Asked my Juve supporting friend: he said he's very gifted but has not trained according to the coach's demand two or three times and has moaned about playing time in the past.

Home of Barca Fans