João Cancelo

Horatio

You're welcome
True, can't even trust MessiG in recent times as well.

We'll see what happens after either the German lever or Laporta's own $$$ is submittted.
My point is that...the image Frabizio used is what clubs use to announce transfers.

Now all of the social media accounts trying to act as a "source" have become aware of that style and will just emulate it and add it to whichever tweet they put out to add to its credibility.

Could be because we have AI tools at our disposal that whip up these images in a jiffy.

L3v1s

What a pathetic joke if we cant get him... We are stuck with 2 players who aren't even natural RBs. Kounde doesn't enjoy playing there+doesn't have offensive qualities, while Roberto had to change his position for the sake of remaining a footballer, in his lovely Barcelona.

Porque

Apparently if there is a buy option then LaLiga won't accept the deal to comply with FFP.

It will be counted as trying to game the rules.

Tebas is really hell-bent on destroying the league.

Messi983

As much as I dislike Tebas I think this rule make some sense.

IF there would be a buy option under conditions (Barca qualifying for KO rounds in CL like first reported) then it's understandable club would need to prove we could buy him in December if/when that criteria would be met. Obviously can't do that.

If it's a loan with buy option before 30th June 2024 then again we have to prove now we could buy him before that date which we can't do either right now.

So a simple loan it is then. And I'm perferctly fine if that's the case. Didn't want to get tied logterm to a player with quite big character question marks/concerns anyway. There is a reason why he didn't stick in any big club for long as he clearly doesn't lack football talent. Can't really defend but after watching Roberto there on Sunday I don't doubt Cancelo will be an improvement in that aspect over him as well. And he's obviously much better offensively.

Porque

As much as I dislike Tebas I think this rule make some sense.

IF there would be a buy option under conditions (Barca qualifying for KO rounds in CL like first reported) then it's understandable club would need to prove we could buy him in December if/when that criteria would be met. Obviously can't do that.

If it's a loan with buy option before 30th June 2024 then again we have to prove now we could buy him before that date which we can't do either right now.

So a simple loan it is then. And I'm perferctly fine if that's the case. Didn't want to get tied logterm to a player with quite big character question marks/concerns anyway. There is a reason why he didn't stick in any big club for long as he clearly doesn't lack football talent. Can't really defend but after watching Roberto there on Sunday I don't doubt Cancelo will be an improvement in that aspect over him as well. And he's obviously much better offensively.

I get you. But then if it is an option and not mandatory, should LaLiga really have authority over variable scenarios?

Why couldn't a club secure a buy option in their loan? It may help decrease the potential transfer fee for next season if the players valuation is lower today then it will be in a year of good performances. Why should LaLiga be able to today been this not allowed?

Also Salary Cap's are not determined yet for 24/25. So that means LaLiga should therefore not allow any future deals if we go down that route.

Now if the clause is mandatory, then yes, the club should be able to show a degree of financial prudence. But again, if the mandatory clause kicks in for qualifying for the CL quarters, then that would also mean that Barcelona are receiving added income from reaching the CL quarter finals.

And again, why wouldn't LaLiga allow a mandatory option for next season, which will be applied to next seasons campaign, discount a loan for this window anyways? If Barcelona are over the Cap at the start of next window, then they have the transfer window to get under it, as they are right now.

If you do not allow the transfer for

Home of Barca Fans