João Cancelo

Masetro10

Cancelo is infinitely better than what we have though. You don't need to think he's World Class. He's 10x better than Roberto and would be the only RB we've had in years that actually knows how to attack. I for one would welcome it.
He makes us have to change the whole structure of the team now. Does anyone trust Xavi to rebuild the tactics?

Raketa10

I don't even care if people here like or dislike Cancelo. That's NOT the point. We are talking about principles here. My point is that we have agreed something with this person, his agent and City. However, now we are playing dumb and we are offering a completely different signing formula. This guy was waiting for us until the end of transfer window and if we fail to sign him today he will have to either stay with City or go to Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, our behavior is beyond awful and we are ruining this club's brand and reputation beyond repair. I honestly don't know how can anyone support Laporta and his board full of clowns after everything he has done during the last 2 years. His word is worthless and he has no plan whatsoever. People are forgetting what he did to Messi two seasons ago and the story would probably be the same if Messi accepted their proposal to return this summer. This charade needs to stop and it needs to stop now!

Last edited:

Messigician

This is seriously embarrassing stuff. I agree with Barcaman, if we fail to sign the most important target we had this summer then he should fuck off from the club. He and his board are embarrassing this club for some time now. Bartomeu financially destroyed Barca but now Laporta is completely destroying what’s left of our reputation. I hope he will fix this during the next 24 hours or he should resign.

Calm down old man

Messigician

I don't even care if people here like or dislike Cancelo. That's NOT the point. We are talking about principles here. My point is that we have agreed something with this person, his agent and City. However, now we are playing dumb and we are offering a completely different signing formula. This guy was waiting for us until the end of transfer window and if we fail to sign him today he will have to either stay with City or go to Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, our behavior is beyond awful and we are ruining this club's brand and reputation beyond repair. I honestly don't know how can anyone support Laporta and his board full of clowns after everything he has done during the last 2 years. His word is worthless and he has no plan whatsoever.
Source?

Porque

I don't even care if people here like or dislike Cancelo. That's NOT the point. We are talking about principles here. My point is that we have agreed something with this person, his agent and City. However, now we are playing dumb and we are offering a completely different signing formula. This guy was waiting for us until the end of transfer window and if we fail to sign him today he will have to either stay with City or go to Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, our behavior is beyond awful and we are ruining this club's brand and reputation beyond repair. I honestly don't know how can anyone support Laporta and his board full of clowns after everything he has done during the last 2 years. His word is worthless and he has no plan whatsoever.

What's that old saying.

Don't write checks your ass can't cash

Seems about right about now. But then from what I understand that this whole thing has been brokered by Mendes, and we only submitted an official bid late last night.

We're obviously having big problems with the paper palanca, which will probably be replaced with another paper palanca next year, same issues and so on.

I'm not seeing where the margin comes from, and something seems fishy in the grand scheme of things where we are rumoured to need "just" 20 million. 20 million should be chicken feed for a club of our stature.

Now today rumours are emerging Abde will be sold, and for just 10m.

And all these desperate movements to try and get Cancelo and Joao Felix over the line.

Given all the financial difficulties some key questions.

Could we have just gone for a free agent like Hamari Traore (now Royal Society) or Azpi (yuck) of which we been linked to both before?

Ok barcaforum would have sacrificed someone if we signed the Azpi, but then if we don't get Cancelo over the line, then these will be key questions.

Raketa10

What's that old saying.

Don't write checks your ass can't cash

Seems about right about now. But then from what I understand that this whole thing has been brokered by Mendes, and we only submitted an official bid late last night.

We're obviously having big problems with the paper palanca, which will probably be replaced with another paper palanca next year, same issues and so on.

I'm not seeing where the margin comes from, and something seems fishy in the grand scheme of things where we are rumoured to need "just" 20 million. 20 million should be chicken feed for a club of our stature.

Now today rumours are emerging Abde will be sold, and for just 10m.

And all these desperate movements to try and get Cancelo and Joao Felix over the line.

Given all the financial difficulties some key questions.

Could we have just gone for a free agent like Hamari Traore (now Royal Society) or Azpi (yuck) of which we been linked to both before?

Ok barcaforum would have sacrificed someone if we signed the Azpi, but then if we don't get Cancelo over the line, then these will be key questions.

Exactly! We need to start planing within the limitations we currently have. As I said this is not about Cancelo or Azpi, this is about principles and creating a complete chaos within the club and on the market. We are acting like a complete morons for some time now. Karma is a bitch and I am afraid it's just a matter of time until we get what we deserve.

Last edited:

serghei

Doubt this happens. If the numbers don't add up, then they don't add up. Move on. It's Cancelo anyway, still a reject, even though a notable reject.

JamDav1982

Should happen and he is still one of the top right backs going that adds a lot of flexibility to the team tactically.

He wont play RB v the better/pacey wingers bar some injury crisis.

serghei

That's true. He still comes from Bayern and City. Could be what we need especially considering he could pair well with both Raphinha and Lamal.

Much better offensively than all we had on the right since Alves.

JamDav1982

Against poorer teams it will probably be Cancelo RB and against the better ones Araujo.

Xavi I am sure is looking at the 'top' teams in La Liga and CL and seeing how they have little pace at CF but lots of pace at LW.... Real/Vini, Rashford/Utd, One of many flyers at Bayern on left, Martinelli/Arsenal, Mbappe/PSG, even slightly lesser teams in AC with Leao etc.

Those teams almost all lack pacey CF currently and the one who does in City has less pace out wide on left.

Folk instantly think Xavi is giving in to Kounde and being weak by switching Kounde/Araujo but much more likely he is seeing what Pep is doing at FB and making sure has the best 1v1 defenders there more often after getting scudded on break so often in CL.

When Araujo is RB would not be surprised at all if Cancelo plays RW in front of him a lot also.

Home of Barca Fans