João Cancelo

JamDav1982

I thought he played way more balanced in the clasico. Was happy to see that. Not take on every player that’s in front of him.

Flip side of that is Barca like all top clubs need wide players that can go at teams and take them on.

He was decent enough but wont be signed to be a RW.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably but that doesnt mean have to sign him either.

To spend money on a FB that is up and down and wont play vs the better wide players is a lot and him being 30 also.

Would rather go Araujo RB and have defence as on Saturday for majority of games and spend that money elsewhere.

I get your point about defensive RB.
Maybe we should have kept last season's setup with Kounde and Araujo there. Proven to be more balanced as we're leaking way more goals than last season.

behindbrowneyes

Had like half of the ball contacts Balde had in first half.

Mendy had him in his pocket all game, but that changed once he was replaced by Camavinga when Cancelo got more dangerous.

Maybe expect too much from a RB. Biggest issue lies in forward line.

Porque

Wouldnt be signing him or Felix permanently as said before.

If it happens then it is all about Laporta/Mendes relationship more than what is good for team going forward.

Hopefully it is more a case of convenience and putting them both in the shop window. I reckon Cancelo will go to Saudi if he fails to make yet another impact at a top club.

Joe Felix is more questionable. Maybe a foreign Prem manager will think they can muster something out of him.

As you say, not enough to suggest signings in the sample so far. I am sure we are pushing hard for Nico on a free. Looks unlikely per media reports but if hasn't put to pen come Jan, then who knows.

JamDav1982

Only way he and Felix stay is if Laporta thinks club should do Mendes a favour.

Both have improved squad but just not worth the money if have it.,

Better off with Araujo RB and a proper DM and money spent on front line.

JohnN

First games he looked like a real deal. then it all goes downhill. we have to consider the managers input to all this at some point.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I noticed this on the off, that he is prone to being careless and loses focus/concentration too often. I suspect this is what drove Pep mad

Between the Joaos, I’d be happy if it was one & done for Cancelo due to this lack of consistency

BusiTheKing

On the disallowed goal Shaktar scored, he was ridiculously passive. Basically let the winger wander into the box for a free shot.

Home of Barca Fans