João Cancelo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When he's like this, he's the best full-bsck in the world.

Don't know how to make him stay in this mode? Drugs? :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He always looks on drugs. Maybe sometimes it good drug, sometimes shit drug.

joao-cancelo.gif

ajnotkeith

On his day he's just the best fullback in the world.

Hopefully those "days" keep falling on important games where we need him to do something.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
This performance was not a one-off, it a symptom of a structural problem Barca have. Firstly Cancelo is more comfortable on the left than on the right at this point, he became a fullback playmaker when Pep moved him to LB, he can cut inside and go outside more comfortably there than on the right wing.

Secondly and more importantly, this is just about balance. If the second fullback is more defensive, like Araujo was today, Cancelo is free to do his thing with better defensive structure behind him (not that it was good today).

Birdy

This performance was not a one-off, it a symptom of a structural problem Barca have. Firstly Cancelo is more comfortable on the left than on the right at this point, he became a fullback playmaker when Pep moved him to LB, he can cut inside and go outside more comfortably there than on the right wing.

Secondly and more importantly, this is just about balance. If the second fullback is more defensive, like Araujo was today, Cancelo is free to do his thing with better defensive structure behind him (not that it was good today).

Exactly.
Playing 2 attacking fullbacks, especially in a system designed for the RB to become the 3rd CB in position, destroys the balance.

Bad news for Balde, unless Xavi plays his as LCB which I doubt

Co0ter

He actually appeared way more comfortable as LB and being able to cut in on his preferred right foot. At this point I'd start Inigo and Christensen as CBs and Araujo at RB every major game just to bring some sort of balance to the defense.

Kounde just needs to go. I rather promote any of the promising Barca B CBs than hold onto him any longer and risk not being able to sell and get at least most of the money back.

Home of Barca Fans