João Cancelo

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Some of you need to chill the f out. Cancelo isn't the best defender, that we can agree on - but he shouldn't be counted on as a LB, he plays more of a LW/AM for us and AM for Portugal. Use him correctly and he will help us a lot. He can play very attacking LB and RB + LW. City will extend the loan because Cancelo wants Barca and nobody else will be in for him I'm almost 100% sure of.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I’d ditch him tbh. His “playmaking” midfielder shtick fails utterly because he is essentially brainless. The speed and quality of his decisions on the pitch are not good enough for a serious side. I’m not even talking about his defending.

Temptation

One of those players who can execute the dribbles but can't be the playmaker due to his lack of Football IQ.

Needs a micromanaging coach like Pep who'll coach and force him to make certain decisions with the ball. If you give Cancelo too much freedom, he'll just aimlessly dribble and lose the ball or make a very useless pass.

Andresito

Staff member
He and Mendes were in god mode yesterday. Absolutely terrific dribbling skills. @Andresito I think after yesterday match we all know that this thread belongs to 'player chat' again :cancelo:
I quote you in Euro thread "Cancelo would be a disaster, Dalot has to play".

Why would we need a player who has the potential of being a disaster in the most important games? He'll play against Leganes and Alaves but benched against Bayern and Madrid?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I quote you in Euro thread "Cancelo would be a disaster, Dalot has to play".

Why would we need a player who has the potential of being a disaster in the most important games? He'll play against Leganes and Alaves but benched against Bayern and Madrid?

He would play well for 90% of the matches, just don't start him against worldclass LWs like Mbappii/Coman.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

There were some rumours Cancelo doesnt like Cristiano (he said some strange things in interviews) but nice to see how he ran to Ronaldo after the winning goal from Bernardo - the moment when men cry 😭

Home of Barca Fans